PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Kwan's best SP performance (pick 2)

Pages : [1] 2

Vash01
07-06-2011, 08:12 PM
While I am at it, I might as well create this poll.

What do you consider Michelle's best short program performance?

I don't remember all the years accurately, so I may be a bit off there. Some of the performances were not that different from competition to competition. I picked USN or worlds in most cases, but it could be any other competition (e.g. Goodwill games or Pro-am, so feel free to modify in your mind when you vote)

olympic
07-06-2011, 08:19 PM
'01 Nats - EoE. Wow. Touching! I wish she had kept this for SLC

'03 Worlds - The Feeling Begins. The music went in a different direction and I liked the SLFW, which I think was a change for her. It also balanced nicely against Sasha's Malaguena SP

kwanette
07-06-2011, 08:22 PM
While I am at it, I might as well create this poll.

What do you consider Michelle's best short program performance?

I don't remember all the years accurately, so I may be a bit off there. Some of the performances were not that different from competition to competition. I picked USN or worlds in most cases, but it could be any other competition (e.g. Goodwill games or Pro-am, so feel free to modify in your mind when you vote)

MK's TFB at 04 Nats wasn't one of her best..03 Nats and Worlds were both awesome.

I can't pick, I loved them all..tho Rach I at both 98 Nats and OLY will always hold special places in my heart.

I loved Spartacus at 05 Nats..my only regret was not seeing it live.

falling_dance
07-06-2011, 08:31 PM
- the 1996 and 1998 Ultimate Four SPs (Dream of Desdemona and Rach, respectively)
- East of Eden, 2001 US Nats

StonewshMullet
07-06-2011, 08:36 PM
DOD 96 Skate America

sk9tingfan
07-06-2011, 08:44 PM
So entirely impossible, but I did it. Rachmaninoff and East of Eden. But I also love Romanza, The Feeling Begins and Spartacus :confused:

orbitz
07-06-2011, 08:45 PM
1. Romanza - 96 Worlds.
2. Spartacus - 05 Nationals. I think it was one of the few times where MK atually flew into her spiral right at the crescendo of the music. Sublime.

Jarrett
07-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I have some odd choices. Dream of Desdemona at Worlds, A Day in the Life at Nationals, East of Eden at Nationals (not odd lol). The first two had clear errors but I stand behind them because I think the rest of the program was stellar.

museksk8r
07-07-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm surprised her Worlds 2001 East of Eden is getting so many votes as she clearly two-footed and flutzed the 3Lutz combination. Looking back, I actually think Angela Nikodinov should have been ahead of her in that phase of the competition with Kwan in 3rd. I wonder if people are reading the poll too fast and thinking of Nationals (which was her very best performance of East of Eden SP ever!) instead.

jobelle
07-07-2011, 12:31 AM
picked the Olympics Rachmaninoff and East of Eden (although probably should have voted other for that one since as musesk8r just pointed out the natinoals one was better). I'm not really much of a Kwan fan ... but those two programs are stunning and I love to go back to watch them.

bardtoob
07-07-2011, 06:22 AM
... she clearly two-footed and flutzed the 3Lutz ...

Umm, no. I see steps, mohawk, short back left outside with the corresponding short curve, tap, jump, land, free foot bounces off the ice.

Marco
07-07-2011, 10:05 AM
I have some odd choices. Dream of Desdemona at Worlds, A Day in the Life at Nationals, East of Eden at Nationals (not odd lol). The first two had clear errors but I stand behind them because I think the rest of the program was stellar.

Agree about the Worlds version of Dreams of Desdemona. It had a step out but the rest was stunning. The speed, the crispness, the intensity... The clean Nationals version was a league below, IMO.

kwanette
07-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Happy Birthday!

Pretty Vegas
07-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Romanza from 96 (I actually just watched this program the other day, amazing!) and EOE from 01!

briancoogaert
07-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Happy Birthday!
Yeah ! Lucky number 7 !
And now, she is 31. WOW

For my choices, it's really difficult.
I love Spartacus and Rush. But I also really like Rachmaninoff and Romanza, and The feeling begins (2003 Worlds). And Dream of Desdemona was amazing.
Hard to choose !