PDA

View Full Version : Fetch!

Artemis@BC
07-06-2011, 07:00 PM
This dog is in serious need of stickhab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8DiOthAKek

skipaway
07-06-2011, 07:26 PM
:rofl: Poor doggy..."why won't he play?"

LilJen
07-07-2011, 02:44 AM
Poor guy! I wonder why he didn't smell that the statue wasn't human/alive?

I hope after they turned the camera off his owners gave him a good stick-retrieving session.

rjblue
07-07-2011, 02:58 AM
oops wrong thread.

I was watching this video at the commercial break. It reminds me of our pointer, when we got a pair of ducks for our pond. He pointed at them for about 4 hours straight, and every day for a year for at least an hour.

Anita18
07-07-2011, 04:55 AM
Poor guy! I wonder why he didn't smell that the statue wasn't human/alive?

I hope after they turned the camera off his owners gave him a good stick-retrieving session.
Apparently dogs recognize humans by sight than by smell. In Mythbusters they played an evil trick on Jamie's dog by making Mission Impossible-esque latex face masks of both Adam and Jamie. Adam wore the Jamie face mask (Jamie vice versa) and Jamie's dog went right to Adam-in-Jamie-face. :rofl:

reckless
07-07-2011, 05:07 AM
It's not just humans. My mom and stepdad had a basset hound and, as a gift, I gave them a stuffed toy basset hound. Their dog freaked out and spent hours growling at the doll.

Japanfan
07-07-2011, 06:15 AM
Apparently dogs recognize humans by sight than by smell.

Both, I would think. I doubt my golden retriever would mistake a statue for a human and she's not a particularly bright dog.

antmanb
07-07-2011, 02:07 PM
That video was taken in Sackville Park in Manchester.

I know of at least one human who has also confused the statue for a real person!