PDA

View Full Version : Coffee preferences

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Aaron W
07-06-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm curious about the various coffee preferences of forum members. If you're at a coffee house, what type of coffee do you prefer to order? Do you like yours hot or iced? Feel free to name the location that has your favorite coffee drink. I personally prefer a hot white chocolate mocha from Caribou Coffee.

PDilemma
07-06-2011, 06:50 PM
I like the locally roasted beans from The Mill in Lincoln, Nebraska. Best coffee hands down.

For iced coffee, my SiL (who owns a coffeehouse and acquires her beans from The Mill) makes the best in the universe using a cold press method to make espresso strength coffee cold which is diluted with milk or water depending on the customer's preference. I like mine with milk and a shot of vanilla. I will not drink iced coffee anywhere else.

I can drink Caribou if I have to. I prefer lattes. I can't stand Starbucks.

Aceon6
07-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Caramel Vanilla Cream or Rain Forest Nut from Green Mountain. Brewed strong. I add just a bit of sugar, maybe 1/2 tsp.

I am somewhat of an oddball among my friends as I do not like my coffee all that hot. If it's steaming, I'll add an ice cube to be able to drink it.

taf2002
07-06-2011, 06:53 PM
I love coffee but it has to be regular. I don't really like flavored coffees or flavored creamers (unless they are the alcoholic kind like Bailey's). At night I will drink a good brewed decaf but no instant of any kind. Blech! But it has to be really hot.

PrincessLeppard
07-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Starbucks short, non-fat lattes. It's hard to get through the school day without one. :) The baristas know my name and drink, so that's awesome as well.

When it's very hot, I'll get a half-caf iced latte. But that's rare.

eta: No flavors! Bleah.

Grannyfan
07-06-2011, 06:56 PM
I live in a small town where there are no specialty coffee places, but when I venture to the "city" and stop by Starbucks I always order a non-fat latte. I want mine unflavored and unsweetened. Same for regular coffee.

genevieve
07-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Iced decaf nonfat or soy latte. There are several places I go, but none are chains

jamesy
07-06-2011, 07:00 PM
I like a cup of sugar and syrups and creams with just a splash of coffee taste in it. :shuffle:

Jenny
07-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Never been a coffee drinker (although I do like the smell of fresh brewed coffee, and used to like Coffee Crisp bars :lol:) - always been a tea drinker.

RockTheTassel
07-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I like trying different local coffee houses when travelling, but I love Caribou Coffee because it's consistently good. I love their Fireside and Mahogany roasts.

I either get an Americano, espresso, or any dark roast coffee and drink it plain, no sugar.

Artemis@BC
07-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Plain, very strong, black, no sugar. And I prefer to make it myself -- I see no need to wait in line and spend $10 a day.

Every once and a while I will "do coffee" with a friend, and then I'll have an espresso or Americano. Iced coffee is nice too on a hot day, but again I prefer my own as I can get the balance just right.

AnnieBgood
07-06-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm the lone decaf lover. lol
I prefer frappe's, but I can't have caffeine.

Gil-Galad
07-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Regular. Hot. Black. Unsweetened. The kind of coffee that keeps you awake during night shifts.

But I also like to have Espresso in Italy and France.

danceronice
07-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Coffee, with milk. (Plain old coffee-coffee. I'm not picky what kind, provided it's not instant or that malodorous garbage Dunkin Donuts sells. Seriously, what IS that bizarre smell it has?)

vesperholly
07-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Tim Hortons medium coffee with two sugars. $1.58 :P