PDA

View Full Version : Trojan U.S. Sex Census: San Franciscans love to be "on top"

UMBS Go Blue
07-06-2011, 07:22 AM
The Trojan condom company recently released their U.S. SEX CENSUS (http://www.trojancondoms.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?ArticleId=25)! :cheer2:

On a national level, the survey finds that the average American (18 and over) has sex 120 times a year (2.3 times per week), and reports very high levels of sexual satisfaction (76 percent satisfied). Despite the high findings, sixty-three percent of respondents still wish they were having sex more frequently.

Also, there's an orgy of titillating tidbits from multiple news sources. :grope: From the San Francisco Chronicle (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/cityinsider/detail?entry_id=92019&tsp=1):

Another day, another set of national rankings placing San Francisco quite literally on top. We admit this one piqued our interest more than most: The average San Franciscan has had 30 sexual partners, more than residents of any other city.

Poor Chicago. It ranked lowest with 11.

(((Chicago))) Must be the cold weather keeping things all shriveled up. :shuffle:

But back to the results, and there are many. San Franciscans are the least likely to believe in abstinence before marriage (24 percent); the most likely to have learned about sex in school (52 percent); the least likely to have had sex in rural areas (5 percent) and the most likely to say they've masturbated (86 percent).

We figured the Department of Public Health might have some interesting things to say about the statistics. After all, they're the open-minded folks who dress up in a 6-foot-tall Healthy Penis costume (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/cityinsider/detail?entry_id=35765) at street fairs to promote syphilis awareness.

Also, from the original press release (http://www.trojancondoms.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?ArticleId=25):

Researchers find residents of metropolitan centers like Los Angeles and Houston are having the most sex per year, 135 times and 125 times respectively, while residents of Philadelphia and Dallas have the least, 99 and 104 times each. Despite low levels of sexual frequency, Philadelphians report very high rates of sexual satisfaction (82 percent satisfied), followed by New York (81 percent satisfied) and Atlanta (80 percent satisfied). San Francisco (70 percent satisfied), Boston (73 percent satisfied), Los Angeles (75 percent satisfied) and Chicago (75 percent satisfied) reported the lowest levels of satisfaction.

Meanwhile, national data on sexual exploration and preferences indicated overall high levels of sexual satisfaction, with seventy-six percent of Americans stating to be satisfied by their sex lives and eighty-five percent having experienced an orgasm.

(((Sorry, that 15% of America))) :wuzrobbed

Some other bullet points from the original press release:

From sexual fantasies to vibrators, seventy-four percent of Americans are experimenting with sex and embracing ways to enhance the sexual experience for themselves and their partners.

* Across the four U.S. Census regions, the most sexually exciting place Americans have had sex is in a car (48 percent), followed by sex in someone else’s bed (33 percent)
* When asked where they would like to have sex but have not yet tried, thirty-three percent of men said sex on a plane and twenty-six percent of women said sex on a beach/sea

Also some random bullet points:

* Men’s favorite sex positions are missionary (27 percent), followed by doggy style (24 percent); Females report missionary (45 percent) and reverse missionary (13 percent) as their top sex position
* 19 percent of Americans have engaged in sexting and 19 percent have had online sex
* 18 percent have had sex with someone they met over the internet

Finally, here's a link to a full-frontal illustration of the survey (http://www.businessinsider.com/city-most-sex-2011-6) in all its full glory. :saint:

skateboy
07-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Wow. I've always felt I have a normal amount of sex, but 120 times per year? Okay, I'd better get busy.

danceronice
07-06-2011, 03:25 PM
THIRTY partners? Sheesh. No wonder they have to be open-minded about STDs. You're going to get around that many times, pays to be very, very careful.

(To me, twice a week sounds low, though. Unless it averages out beacause there is about one week a month where, well...women understand.)

Beefcake
07-06-2011, 04:32 PM
I think that it's 30 sexual partners in a lifetime, dancer. If one has been single at a time in his/her life for, say, 10 years, that's just three a year for just that span of years. Er, or is that still :eek: to you?

Oh, yeh, me too. Those shameless tramps. :shuffle:

OTOH, singles surely aren't the ones padding those "times per year" numbers. 120+??!! Hubba hubba. Even my most slutty single gay friend (you KNOW who you are!) wouldn't come near that mark. :) Definitely another reason - a very good one! - to stop this singlehood PRONTO!

Andrushka
07-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I bet some of those statistics would be higher if people would truly be honest LOL..just sayin.

Angelskates
07-06-2011, 11:33 PM
I bet some of those statistics would be higher if people would truly be honest LOL..just sayin.

I think they could be lower. Just sayin' ;)

Andrushka
07-07-2011, 04:18 AM
Don't know about lower,I think most of the ones in that last paragraph could be higher.