PDA

View Full Version : Playing figure skating music digitally

YoenNL
07-05-2011, 05:20 PM
I was wondering about following. We all know that CD-players and CDs themselves, are giving us sometimes issues and headaches at competitions. If the CD can not be read, or is jumping... it is a difficult decision for the referee what to do, a spare CD is not always at hand, and all sorts of issues arrise.

As music is usually cut digitally anyway nowadays, I am playing around with the idea to also play music digitally from an MP3-player at competitions.

Does this exist anywhere in the skating world? The idea is also to host a dedicated server to which skaters can upload music rather than sending music files for each competition with the entry. Organizers could get a password for each competition so they can download all music for all skaters that are entered for the competition.

Advantages:
- play high quality music from MP3 (or other digital format) rather than from CD
- upload your music once and maintain it in the database
- easier preparation for organizers re. music

2sk8
07-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I'd suggest contacting Craig Joeright, through Detroit Skating Club. He is working with a program for this, and it's being used at some competitions - including Indy Pairs, I think.

sk8mom1970
07-05-2011, 06:20 PM
I'd suggest contacting Craig Joeright, through Detroit Skating Club. He is working with a program for this, and it's being used at some competitions - including Indy Pairs, I think.

Craig is the right person. He owns a company called icetrax.net. you upload the music and the system works perfectly with no cds skipping or bad players. They are doing the music at Indy.

Sylvia
07-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Joeright isn't listed as a coach at Detroit SC but here is the link to the Icetrax site: http://www.icetrax.net/index.php