PDA

View Full Version : All That Skate Summer (Aug 13-15)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

vocalise
08-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Looking at the crazy photos - or wonderful photos - I think ATS having a show in Los Angeles this year is probably unlikely, especially since Yuna will be skating at the Evening of Champions. After skating in Korea like that, who would want to skate in front of a tepid crowd in Los Angeles? (and I say that, having been there last year). One of the many reasons I don't think they'll have a show this year...

Thanks for all the links everyone!

jatale
08-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Vocalise: How did you like or not the ATS LA show last year? How did it compare to other ice shows you have seen?

DustPuppyOI
08-24-2011, 11:18 PM
If you want to see Kurt's perspective on this same incident, his Facebook page has a video shot by Geoffrey Tyler:
Backstage by the bus at All That Skate (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150299027728466&oid=217099960482&comments)

Also, Kurt wrote a note about his experience in Korea for my site. He was pretty blown away by the fans:
Note from Kurt (http://www.kurtfiles.com/notefromkurtATS.php).

FYI, there are some more videos from Korea to come on Kurt's FB page. Enjoy!
I'm so glad that Kurt got such an amazing reception. However, I'm actually more curious on how he decided on skating to "Honey". Did someone recommend it? Was it familiar enough with the general populace that they could have instant recognition once the song started?

stefanne
08-24-2011, 11:24 PM
vocalise, can you say what the other reasons are that you don't think there will be a show in LA this year? I've been hoping for it ever since last year's, which I couldn't attend, and every passing day without an announcement discourages me a little more.

Oh, and hello everyone--my first post!

Lilith11
08-24-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm so glad that Kurt got such an amazing reception. However, I'm actually more curious on how he decided on skating to "Honey". Did someone recommend it? Was it familiar enough with the general populace that they could have instant recognition once the song started?

I believe that he asked the producers or somebody in Korea what song a 40-year old shouldn't dance to and they said "Honey." So of course, Kurt chose the song and rocked it :rofl: And yes, the song is very well-known in Korea.

vocalise
08-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Vocalise: How did you like or not the ATS LA show last year? How did it compare to other ice shows you have seen?

I loved it. I felt it was very classy and well done. I'm more of a "Stars on Ice" format fan (from the days of the old - Kristi/Scott/G&G/Kurt) than I am a "Champions on Ice" fan and I thought that even though ATS is more of a solo performance show, there was something about it that was just very special, well done, and well worth the cost. I think the stage, with the special lighting, the glow sticks, the quality of the skating, the combination of all those elements just seemed to work really well. It's really hard to pinpoint the reason as to why I thought it was phenomenal, but I felt it was, and everyone I went with also agreed.

vocalise, can you say what the other reasons are that you don't think there will be a show in LA this year? I've been hoping for it ever since last year's, which I couldn't attend, and every passing day without an announcement discourages me a little more.

Oh, and hello everyone--my first post!

hi there : ) Welcome! (Even though I'm more of an occasional lurker myself). Last year, they didn't announce it until well, this week. It's possible they might announce it next week, but looking at Yuna's appearance at Evening with Champions, and the fact that I don't think All That Skate Los Angeles was sold out last year, I'm not sure if they will have a show in LA this year. I hope I'm wrong, very very wrong, because I'm all ready to buy tickets if they do announce a show!

RunnersHigh
08-25-2011, 12:38 AM
I believe that he asked the producers or somebody in Korea what song a 40-year old shouldn't dance to and they said "Honey." So of course, Kurt chose the song and rocked it :rofl: And yes, the song is very well-known in Korea.
That's what he said for joy in public rehearsal. :lol:

Here's the answer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5_hmaBItc) (Ad added)- Day 3, he's very tired and exhausted.

And yes! from teens to 50ies, So familiar with and many did remakes.

stefanne
08-25-2011, 01:15 AM
Thanks for your response, vocalise. I'm all ready to buy tickets, too! From the reports I saw from people who were there last year, the show ended with a message on the screen that said "See you next year", so I guess I'm mentally holding them to it, LOL. Maybe in the next couple weeks we'll have our answer.

AJ Skatefan
08-25-2011, 02:20 AM
I loved it. I felt it was very classy and well done. I'm more of a "Stars on Ice" format fan (from the days of the old - Kristi/Scott/G&G/Kurt) than I am a "Champions on Ice" fan and I thought that even though ATS is more of a solo performance show, there was something about it that was just very special, well done, and well worth the cost. I think the stage, with the special lighting, the glow sticks, the quality of the skating, the combination of all those elements just seemed to work really well. It's really hard to pinpoint the reason as to why I thought it was phenomenal, but I felt it was, and everyone I went with also agreed.

I agree. I went to the show and thought it was the best live skating show I'd ever seen. But it seems that if they were going to do it again this fall, we would have heard about it by now...

l'etoile
08-27-2011, 02:47 PM
I agree. I went to the show and thought it was the best live skating show I'd ever seen. But it seems that if they were going to do it again this fall, we would have heard about it by now...

I'm still hanging my hope on the farewell message from last year's ATS LA shows: See you next year!

:(:fan::fragile:

maggylyn
08-27-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm still hanging my hope on the farewell message from last year's ATS LA shows: See you next year!

:(:fan::fragile:

Maybe it meant, "See you next year - location/country to be determined."

(So the Korea show would be considered a fulfillment of their promise.)

??

juicy10
08-28-2011, 01:46 AM
All That Skate Summer 2011 Kurt Browning -steppin' out of my mind-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoCl4pisrOo&feature=player_embedded
I loove thist video!!:)

l'etoile
08-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Kurt posted a short mock-interview with Geoffrey on the walk toward the press conference after Yuna's shows:)
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150307156843466

So much energy... that's all I'll say.

amaro
08-31-2011, 06:41 PM
Here is All That Sports' edition of Yuna's Homage to Korea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdKrIdh9SKM

lauravvv
09-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Kurt posted a short mock-interview with Geoffrey on the walk toward the press conference after Yuna's shows:)
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150307156843466
Thank you for the link:)!