PDA

View Full Version : Katarina Witt Article

Pages : [1] 2

gofigure
07-05-2011, 02:12 AM
She essentially gave up her life for the past 18 months for the Munich Olympic bid.

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/565-katarina-witt-on-an-olympic-mission

Kelvster
07-05-2011, 03:55 PM
thanks. nice article. i think it's korea's turn though in all honesty ...

Aaron W
07-05-2011, 04:05 PM
thanks. nice article. i think it's korea's turn though in all honesty ...

Judging by reports, it's a 2-way race between Pyeong Chang and Munich. It's so close I'd venture to guess it's something like 51/49 in favor of Pyeong Chang. Assuming Annecy loses in the first round of voting and neither Pyeong Chang or Munich gain enough votes to win outright in the first round, it'll be interesting to see whether the Annecy supporters coalesce behind the other European location, or align with Pyeong Chang.

discoduck
07-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Great article! The area around Munich and Garmisch is beautiful. I would love to see them get the Games.

MarieM
07-05-2011, 04:57 PM
French will align with Munich. If you can believe one word of what is being told by Killy on that matter :lol:

DarrellH
07-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Maybe Katarina will just stare down the voters, like she used to stand at the rink and stare at her competitors.

Eislauffan
07-05-2011, 10:02 PM
It is a showdown of three figure skaters in Durban: Katarina Witt for Munich, Yuna Kim for Pyeong Chang and Gwendal Peizerat for Annecy. :-)
I think that Munich has the best bid, but the Koreans will get it in order to prevent a common suicide. ;-)

gofigure
07-06-2011, 01:41 AM
I am with Eislauffan on this one. It would be great for Germany to get the Olympics but the Koreans are likely to win. So great that three figure skaters are the headliners. When, if ever, was the last time that was the case?

Jot the Dot Dot
07-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Maybe Katarina will just stare down the voters, like she used to stand at the rink and stare at her competitors.

Better than staring down your partner :D

essence_of_soy
07-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Katarina still looks the same as she did in Lillehammer...amazing.

Macassar88
07-06-2011, 02:28 AM

Or she can perform her Carmen routine for them again.

walei
07-06-2011, 02:32 AM
I am with Eislauffan on this one. It would be great for Germany to get the Olympics but the Koreans are likely to win. So great that three figure skaters are the headliners. When, if ever, was the last time that was the case?

Plushy was front and center for Sochi's bid :) Other than that I can't think of any. Did any figure skaters sign up to endorse Vancouver? I know Gretzky was the main star power for the bid.

VALuvsMKwan
07-06-2011, 04:39 AM
It is a showdown of three figure skaters in Durban: Katarina Witt for Munich, Yuna Kim for Pyeong Chang and Gwendal Peizerat for Annecy. :-)
I think that Munich has the best bid, but the Koreans will get it in order to prevent a common suicide. ;-)

In that case, go Annecy! ;-)

Wyliefan
07-06-2011, 04:41 AM
Or she can perform her Carmen routine for them again.

But then Yu-Na will pull out her James Bond guns and shoot Carmen down.

Japanfan
07-06-2011, 07:42 AM
She does look amazing. . .and I agree that Korea will get it, it is long over-due and Korea's turn has come.