PDA

View Full Version : Creature comforts you can't live without

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

triple_toe
07-04-2011, 04:32 AM
Reading the "How Hot is it?" thread got me thinking I absolutely CANNOT live without air conditioning. I hate going into stores or cafes without A/C, and the time I spent living in a non-central-A/C apartment last summer was absolutely dreadful, and it wasn't even that hot! I've made a vow not to live without A/C ever again.

I'm also a really bad sleeper, and I'm picky about my pillows. I have this one brand of pillow I adore :swoon: and I always have trouble falling asleep in places that don't have similar pillows.

A friend of mine is a big coffee-drinker and has a specific brand of coffee he likes to drink every morning.

So, do you have any creature comforts (not sure if this is the right term exactly) that you can't live without? Things that may seem a bit frivolous to others, but are important to you?

nubka
07-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Vaseline would be my on my desert island list for sure. It's a lip balm/eye cream/hand cream all in one!

I'm picky about my pillows, too. Also, I love sleeping with a fan blowing, so that's a must.

Buzz
07-04-2011, 04:41 AM
The internet :P I live in a small apartment and never bothered to put in an AC unit so no problems there. This is Toronto after all... I have a metro pass although I really do not need one as my job is within walking distance. LOL

Grannyfan
07-04-2011, 04:55 AM
I'd have to go with AC as well. We're sweltering here. I would literally have to move out if my air quit. Don't know how I stood my upbringing without it, but we didn't know any better. About the only air conditioned places back then were the drug store, movie theater and post office.

Something else I really, really must have is a garbage disposal. When I moved into this house, it had neither a dishwasher nor a disposal. I had the disposal installed right away, but fifteen years later I still don't have a dishwasher.

And I do love a bathtub. I'll take a shower if I'm in a hurry, but as long as I'm able to get in and out of the tub (which may not be much longer judging by the creaks and pops I hear) I want my bath.

A.H.Black
07-04-2011, 05:04 AM
microwave
walking shoes
hand lotion

Angela-Fan
07-04-2011, 05:08 AM
I agree about A/C! I can't live without it;fans are practically useless. Also, internet. what would I do without FSU? lol

nubka
07-04-2011, 05:33 AM
The internet :P I live in a small apartment and never bothered to put in an AC unit so no problems there. This is Toronto after all... I have a metro pass although I really do not need one as my job is within walking distance. LOL

You are right!! How could I forget about the internet? That's definately a must-have... :)

vesperholly
07-04-2011, 05:45 AM
Access to a shower daily, and ideally a hair dryer. If I let my hair air dry, I look like an insane person.

Lip balm. I bought a brand new tube and gave it its own pocket when I traveled in Europe.

I would love a good pair of walking shoes, but I'll be damned if I can find them. My feet are wide and short with a high arch and high instep. I also have plantar fasciitis in my right foot, so I need a small 1-2" heel. Sneakers never work because they don't have a heel and socks increase the edema. Somewhere out there must be my dream sandals!

dbell1
07-04-2011, 06:01 AM
Facial moisturizer.

Air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter. And yep, it's a creature comfort.

Heated seats in the car in winter. :lol: I love those things.

oleada
07-04-2011, 06:02 AM
My flat iron :o

A/C, definitely.

myhoneyhoney
07-04-2011, 06:47 AM
A/C!!! Internet, it's already pretty lonely being a SAHM, it would be much worse without internet. Sunblock is a must and of course, make up!

Angelskates
07-04-2011, 07:32 AM
My iPhone 4, it's a love-hate relationship.

paskatefan
07-04-2011, 11:17 AM
My favorite CDs and a CD player, AC

Wiery
07-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Books and tampons.

Aussie Willy
07-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Well after living in cold places for so many years my new place has thermostat gas heating and is really warm. So I am really used to it now.

I too also take a pillow with me whenever I travel. And the internet is probably a must have too these days.