PDA

View Full Version : Numerology

Pages : [1] 2

Vash01
07-03-2011, 06:22 AM
I had only heard of Numerology, but today I happened to find 'The idiot's guide to Numerology' and found it to be very interesting. It was not about picking numbers to win a lottery or anything like that. The writers (Kay Lagerquist & Lisa Lenard) explain different kinds of numbers (5 core numbers) based on your date of birth, name, etc. that describe your personality, what is important to you in life, etc. It even covered the number for the house you live in, number for the business, etc. It was very interesting.

Has anyone used Numerology or at least had some interest in it? Did it work for you in some way?

Japanfan
07-03-2011, 08:03 AM
I've practiced astrology - even worked in the capacity of an amateur astrology. I love it and find a good deal of truth and insight in it.

In the fact, my first post on a figure skating board (SFU's predecessor) was about astrology. And someone responded "suffer a witch to die in hell" or however it goes in response.

I think there is wisdom to be found in numerology as well.

Aussie Willy
07-03-2011, 09:29 AM
After a friend told me a while ago about bad and good numbers, I kind of felt one of my previous places that I lived in for many years but I had really horrible neighbours might have something to do with it. Because when I totalled the numbers it was the worst number it could have been (number 4).

Since I moved I have had good numbers and the places have been good. And my new place that I own totals to number 8. So things are looking good in life.

fluorescein
07-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Oh no! My house number adds up to 4 and I love this place. Things go up and down over 20 years, but on the whole, I'd say my life is really good. My street adds up to 20 though - now I want to check out Numerology for Dummies.

Tinami Amori
07-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Really guys......... This is worst than Communism......:D

Adult, educated, cultured people are talking about "fortune in numbers".
This is not funny! And not just a “different opinion”… this is dangerous to put your life situations on the randomness of numbers in your immediate life.

Don’t sweat guys….. No matter what numbers are in your life now, if you don’t get out of bed and brush your teeth – the toothbrush will not pop into your mouth on its own. If you car is out of gas, the gas station will not drive over to your car…..

So now it’s numbers that determine the outcome of your life……. Perhaps if you are not rich – you had the wrong numbers in your life…….

Might as well be reading the coffee sediments in your morning coffee cup......:rolleyes:

http://mideastfood.about.com/od/middleeasternfood101/a/taseography.htm

Aussie Willy
07-03-2011, 11:15 PM
TA - You know - some of us are not taking this too seriously. It is interesting but we don't live our lives by it. Someone asked the question and some of us have answered. And some have found certain relevance to their lives when these things have come up.

However there are a number of things that people believe in or follow. They are all pretty harmless and more about people's self beliefs rather than imposing their ideas on others (unlike religion which most people don't seem to question).

Vash01
07-04-2011, 03:45 AM
Tinami,

I don't think any of us is taking this seriously to the extent it controls our lives. It's just something that made me curious. It may be something like Feng Shui or Astrology (though Astrology has been studied extensively)- I find it interesting but none of those things control my life.

Wyliefan
07-04-2011, 04:23 AM
Oh no! My house number adds up to 4 and I love this place.

I really don't think you need to worry.

catatonic
07-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Years ago before we were married, my husband, then boyfriend told me he did/played a numerology game at work. A few of the ladies at work were doing this questionnaire from a magazine (or book) to determine the birth date of your future spouse. He participated and told me our birth dates were off by one day. Of course I asked him to bring me the test and he of course being a typical male said he had tossed it. Have anyone heard about a game like this?

victoriaheidi
07-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Numerology and astrology fascinate me! I just don't know much about either field. Someone I met online was trying to teach me astrology (like, we began from the very beginning...she taught me all about the houses and the basics), but she was going through a lot of personal stuff and didn't really have the time to get beyond the very basic stuff with me.

Andrushka
07-04-2011, 08:55 PM
I've always had an interest in numerology.I don't let it control my life by any means,or change my mind about something based on numbers.I just find it interesting.Like the astrology stuff about your personality based on your sign.Sometimes it's right.Sometimes it's wrong.

Tinami Amori
07-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Tinami,

I don't think any of us is taking this seriously to the extent it controls our lives.

OK.....:D glad to hear it..

For some reason this topic made me think of an old comical drawing in an old soviet comedy magazine "Krokodil". It's a pencil drawing:

- A man is backing away from a Black Cat who just ran in front of him. He is moving back-wards, just one step away from a balcony, where a White Cat just knocked over a flower pot which is flying above the Man's head.... :D

orientalplane
07-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Like the astrology stuff about your personality based on your sign.Sometimes it's right.Sometimes it's wrong.

So what more proof do you need that it's nonsense? :P

Andrushka
07-04-2011, 09:06 PM
So what more proof do you need that it's nonsense? :P

I never said it was not nonsense,just said it is interesting ;) :P

orientalplane
07-04-2011, 09:09 PM
I never said it was not nonsense,just said it is interesting ;) :P

OK. :)