PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Cohen Accepted to Columbia

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

kittyjake5
07-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Good for Sasha for furthering her education. Good luck to her!

kwanette
07-02-2011, 11:27 PM
I saw Sasha on the Today show not too long ago and she said she was going to NYU--in their adult studies program. That doesn't mean she hasn't changed her plans, but the NYU thing was not a rumor. It came straight from Sasha herself.

I had a lovely chat with Sasha at FSIH in April. She seemed very happy about her decision to go to college. She did say NYU, but maybe she changed her mind. I know that Tim was helping her with her applications. I am glad for her.

Reuven
07-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Good for her! Never to late to go to college.

skatesindreams
07-03-2011, 03:51 PM
I had a lovely chat with Sasha at FSIH in April. She seemed very happy about her decision to go to college. She did say NYU, but maybe she changed her mind. I know that Tim was helping her with her applications. I am glad for her.

I wish her success, whatever she chooses to do,
It's great to hear that Tim was helping her.

RD
07-03-2011, 04:54 PM
But wait...doesn't the thread title say she was ACCEPTED to Columbia? Not that she's actually going to ATTEND Columbia? Two totally different things...anyway, congrats to her.

Coco
07-03-2011, 05:02 PM
I think the NYU thing was a summer program.

michiruwater
07-03-2011, 05:26 PM
I don't think that she would let USFSA, etc., announce it if her goal wasn't to also attend after being accepted.

ks777
07-04-2011, 05:26 AM
I thought she was gonna compete for Columbia.

Sasha'sSpins
07-04-2011, 06:18 AM
Sasha's fan forum dissolved months ago, before either of those articles about NYU came out if I recall.

And I don't see why USFSA would announce something like this as a prank.

Thanks I was about to say that about Sasha's fan forum when I saw your post.

Indeed not! I went back to complete my college education after some life interruptions-and I was older than Sasha is now by far. :cool:

paskatefan
07-04-2011, 11:28 AM

Congrats to Sasha! Good for her! :) :encore:

leafygreens
07-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Columbia is Ivy League and NYU is easier to get into, so why would Columbia (harder school) accept her but NYU wouldn't? I'm sure she was accepted to BOTH schools. Either way, good for her. I hope she actually finishes. I wonder if this means she will be practicing at Chelsea Piers.

kwanette
07-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Columbia is Ivy League and NYU is easier to get into, so why would Columbia (harder school) accept her but NYU wouldn't? I'm sure she was accepted to BOTH schools. Either way, good for her. I hope she actually finishes. I wonder if this means she will be practicing at Chelsea Piers.

She was skating at Chelsea Piers in the last month because Sarah Hughes mentioned her in a Tweet.

Athena
07-05-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm so glad for Sasha! If I were her, will def go to Columbia instead of NYU. :cool:

Evan also mentioned in March that he will consider Columbia Univ. as an option for college in the future, and may use Chelsea Piers as his new training rink.

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2011/03/for_olympic_medalists_evan_lys.html

Like Cohen, hes toying with the idea of going back to school. (Coincidentally, both skaters are considering Columbia University as an option for college.)

query5
07-05-2011, 09:28 PM
congratulations, and good luck in your future Sasha.

FigureSpins
07-06-2011, 01:38 AM
Sasha's fan forum dissolved months ago, before either of those articles about NYU came out if I recall.

And I don't see why USFSA would announce something like this as a prank.

The first "tweet" wasn't from the USFSA. I didn't have any idea who that Twitter member was or why she didn't provide a source. That's typically the actions of a Twitter prankster - just post something random and see if it grows legs.

Well, ONE of the Sasha forums closed, but this one was still around:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Sasha_Cohen_Fans/index.php?showtopic=79

In any case, congratulations to Sasha and all the best for a successful college experience!