PDA

View Full Version : GB skater needs your help!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

reut
07-20-2011, 08:41 AM
If you want to get to know a bit better the skater you've voted for:

David Richardson “As long as I enjoy it and I am skating well, I will continue”
http://www.absoluteskating.com/articles/2011davidrichardson.html

slushpuppy
07-20-2011, 08:47 AM
"Hedwig"
If I am lucky enough to get through to the next stage it goes down to the foundations judges to select someone from the top ten to receive the funding. Then I will be placed on the programme and benefit from the rewards :)
As mentioned the closing date for voting is 27 July so only one week left!!!!! :) PLease keep voting and get all colleagues, friends, family even pets to vote to!!!
Does anyone have any other ideas that would help me get votes - I don't want to get "pipped at the final post!!!!"
Thanks to everyone helping me!!!

TheIronLady
07-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Wish we could do more to help you.

antmanb
07-20-2011, 09:03 AM
I can't get the link in the first message to work. I clicked and voted through a link Sylvia tweeted a while ago (and can't find that link ).

millyskate
07-20-2011, 09:42 AM
"Hedwig"
If I am lucky enough to get through to the next stage it goes down to the foundations judges to select someone from the top ten to receive the funding. Then I will be placed on the programme and benefit from the rewards :)
As mentioned the closing date for voting is 27 July so only one week left!!!!! :) PLease keep voting and get all colleagues, friends, family even pets to vote to!!!
Does anyone have any other ideas that would help me get votes - I don't want to get "pipped at the final post!!!!"

Well, there are other active skating forums... but in Russian, Korean, and Japanese... If you found a member of those that could help you, you'd probably get a good boost in votes.

Sylvia
07-20-2011, 02:02 PM
I can't get the link in the first message to work. I clicked and voted through a link Sylvia tweeted a while ago (and can't find that link ).
Here's a working link to vote for for David Richardson (it's the same link - maybe the site was down earlier?): http://www.bringontomorrowfoundation.com/final.php?id=125

antmanb
07-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the link.

For some reason when i click vote it reloads to a very plain page with no submit button.

If i scroll through some of the other people, click david from another menu and click vote i get the pop up window it works from there.

Voted another 3 times!

Ziggy
07-20-2011, 03:39 PM
"Hedwig"

Try other skating forums. None of them are as large (or good ;P) as FSU but every little helps:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/

There's also the Skatefans mailing list:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/SkateFans/

Good luck! I really hope you get the award. :)

IceDanceFan1
07-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Have voted! Good luck David. Everyone keep voting!

slushpuppy
07-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Hey guys,
Votes are going well, and I have managed to get the local media involved to hopefully boost the votes even more!!!! :) It is only 48hours til the cut off point for votes and I'm in tenth place at the moment so it's a little risky!!!
This is my final push for votes. You guys have done so much already and im really happy you have, so thank you!!! :) Please encourage EVERYONE you know, on facebook, twitter, everywhere to vote for me please. Even your milkman :P
I'm so close and dont want to be overtaken at the very last second!!!!! :(

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!
many thanks
and thanks also for the links for other forums!!!!!! :)
David

clarie
07-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Me 2.......Good luck to you David

victoriaheidi
07-26-2011, 06:11 AM
Good luck, David! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Love from SoCal. :)

Ziggy
07-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

And really good for you for having taken such an active role in trying to obtain some funding.

And here I was thinking (I don't know why ;P) that you were going to retire soon. ;)

I hope it all works out. :)

Roxanne
07-28-2011, 02:07 AM
How much longer until voting closes?

allezfred
07-28-2011, 09:59 AM
How much longer until voting closes?

I think it has closed already. I got an e-mail to say so. David was in 10th position when I checked. :)