PDA

View Full Version : You Lack Manners: A mother-in-law's rant

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

genevieve
07-01-2011, 01:52 AM
This part of the full email is pretty :eek: to me.

WOW. :eek: That really does put a very different spin on the comments about eating.

I'm not diabetic but I have had times when my blood sugar has bottomed out and I honestly can't think or form proper sentences until I've eaten. If I was experiencing that and there was food in front of me? hell yes I would be shoving it down my gullet.

MIL sounds like a right prig.

ETA - Prancer, where are you seeing that part of the email? I've found some longer versions than the one linked here, but none that mention the diabetes.

Rex
07-01-2011, 02:24 AM
(((the dude in between these two ladies))) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Let's bring him over to OUR team! :lol:

But seriously, this marriage sounds doomed already.

overedge
07-01-2011, 02:32 AM

ITA. Eloping would avoid the evil MIL, but honestly, if this email is truly representative of her attitudes toward the poor fiancee.....there's going to be nothing but trouble for her, no matter how much she loves the guy.

PeterG
07-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Let's bring him over to OUR team! :lol:

:D

My original post was going to be, "dude...GO GAY!!!" but that wouldn't have solved the problem with the (step-)Mom. Unless she was homophobic and would have disowned him and then he could smile and cross that mistake off his list. :lol:

Gazpacho
07-01-2011, 03:08 AM
What an uppity, haughty, snobbish bitch! And I'm not talking about the daughter-in-law.

I sense that the daughter in law comes from a poorer family, and she's jumped on that. I doubt she'd send the same email if the daughter in law were royalty and behaved similarly.

Bullying knows no age limits.

michiruwater
07-01-2011, 03:26 AM
I think the MIL was utterly in the wrong and should be ashamed of herself.

numbers123
07-01-2011, 03:33 AM
The person who is lacking manners is not the future daughter in law.

mrr50
07-01-2011, 03:45 AM
the diabetes thing and lack of proper adequate food can be a 'keep on living' problem. Take it from a dietitian who's been a registered dietitian for a long time.

Prancer
07-01-2011, 04:18 AM
ETA - Prancer, where are you seeing that part of the email? I've found some longer versions than the one linked here, but none that mention the diabetes.

http://www.citytalk.fm/Article.asp?id=2226294&spid=27776

I've seen it cited in several places; in fact, it was a post about the diabetes problem under the excerpt that sent me looking for it.

my little pony
07-01-2011, 04:22 AM
i like to date orphans

( i mean after they've grown up)

AliasJohnDoe
07-01-2011, 04:49 AM
I don't think the relationship between the MIL and DIL is salvageable. It will be a miracle if it is.

First, the MIL should have never sent the e-mail in the first place.
Second, the DIL should have never posted it on the internet.

Prancer
07-01-2011, 04:52 AM
Second, the DIL should have never posted it on the internet.

Strictly speaking, she didn't.

AliasJohnDoe
07-01-2011, 04:53 AM
Strictly speaking, she didn't.

Missed the part where she forwarded it to a friend...who then posted it. That's not a friend in my book.

Allen
07-01-2011, 04:54 AM
I don't think the relationship between the MIL and DIL is salvageable. It will be a miracle if it is.

I wonder if the relationship between the guy and girl is salvageable? I'd be interested to know what his reaction was to the situation.

Cachoo
07-01-2011, 05:03 AM
i like to date orphans

( i mean after they've grown up)

There ought to be a website.....