PDA

View Full Version : My Turn to Ask for a Voting Favor

Pages : 1 2 [3]

BittyBug
07-01-2011, 04:42 AM
Voted! :cheer:

Tinami Amori
07-01-2011, 05:27 AM
The Senior Rescue group is associatd with Lollypop Farm and is specifically aimed at helping older dogs.

How many such beds does The Senior Rescue/Lollypop Farm needs in total (without the contest), 10, or 20, or how many? And give me their address where they want them.

skatemomaz
07-01-2011, 05:57 AM
Tinami! :respec:

Garden Kitty
07-01-2011, 10:32 AM
UPDATE: Thanks, everyone! The contest is over and our group won :cheer: During 29 days of voting, they were consistently behind one of the other groups and were down by about 50 votes by mid-day on June 29th. But with one day's help from FSU they were ahead by about 100 votes when I went to bed last night. My friend often laughs at the number of things I say I learned about on FSU, but she's very thankful for everyone's support.

How many such beds does The Senior Rescue/Lollypop Farm needs in total (without the contest), 10, or 20, or how many? And give me their address where they want them.

That is incredibly generous and very sweet of you, and I know that you're always supportive of worthy animal causes. But while the shelter will definitely appreciate their prize, they are generally well run, and compared to all the other urgent needs at worthy animal organizations, I wouldn't honestly say there is an urgent need that justifies a large expenditure. Thank you very much, though, for such a thoughtful offer. :respec:

pollyanna
07-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Congratulations!

Tinami Amori
07-02-2011, 12:08 AM
UPDATE: Thanks, everyone! The contest is over and our group won :cheer: During 29 days of voting, they were consistently behind one of the other groups and were down by about 50 votes by mid-day on June 29th.

....... But while the shelter will definitely appreciate their prize, they are generally well run, and compared to all the other urgent needs at worthy animal organizations, I wouldn't honestly say there is an urgent need that justifies a large expenditure. Thank you very much, though, for such a thoughtful offer. :respec:

Congratulation for winning the contest!
Thank you for letting me know about the situation for elderly dog beds at your shelter.
You’re true and unselfish dog lover! There are so many shelters closing in our area and the private shelters need all the help they can get….. But so do the elderly dog shelters. And newly built shelters in developing countries…… It’s always such a dilemma how to allocate the funds…

Hugs to all your 4-legged darling!

mrr50
07-02-2011, 02:36 AM
So when can we do it again?

Garden Kitty
07-02-2011, 03:50 AM
So when can we do it again?

The contenders for July are up already at the same link (http://kuranda.com/blog/dog-of-the-month). There is voting all month long with the winner decided as of 11:59 PM Eastern time on July 31.

I don't know any of the shelters in the running this month, but I'm sure they're all deserving.