PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Rhys Meyers ("The Tudors") Hospitalised After Suspected Suicide Attempt

Pages : 1 [2]

AragornElessar
06-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Well Said Reese!!

So sad to hear this, but not surprised. As a fan of The Tudors, I'd read/heard a bit about JRM's Alcohol demons and how it was putting a wedge into his relationship w/his girlfriend. Such an insanely talented guy, but I have such an awful feeling that one day, we'll be hearing about his passing either from an OD or from alcohol poisoning.

I really hope he gets the support he needs and that the Media backs off. Sadly, I think we all know the Media part is wishful thinking. :(

PeterG
07-01-2011, 12:23 AM
No one was making the "OMG MY LIFE SUCKS excuse to feel sorry for celebrities" argument here. And Jonathan himself has never made it, as far as I know. I find it a bit obnoxious to dismiss childhood trauma by asserting that a lot of people had miserable childhoods, therefore it's not that special, so no one should get sympathy or special treatment as a result of it. Yes, a lot of people are permanently damaged as children, and if you look around you, you'll notice that a lot of people are seriously damaged adults. I think they all deserve a certain amount of empathy.

:respec:

PrincessLeppard
07-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Whatever lame entertainment show Mario Lopez hosts (it's right after the local news I watch) is saying it was NOT a suicide attempt, but a relapse.

I know it's Mario Lopez and all, but I think they usually get their stuff right.

overedge
07-01-2011, 02:29 AM

I really hope he gets the support he needs and that the Media backs off. Sadly, I think we all know the Media part is wishful thinking. :(

No, we don't know this. The TMZ and Perez types may hound him, but there are plenty of media outlets that either won't care or who will respect whatever wish for privacy he expresses.