PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Top 16 June 29-30

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

rjblue
07-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Opening dance was entertaining but not inspiring. Michael Rooney choreo and The Incredibles theme.

Kristin's video looks a bit creepy to me.

I'll be glad when it's individual voting rather than couples. Ricky should be at the top and Ryan nearer the bottom for last nights dancing.

Matryeshka
07-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Miranda in the bottom? :wuzrobbed Why does America hate me so? :drama:

BlueAranjuez
07-01-2011, 01:21 AM
what's happening? West Coasties always have to wait! :)

Jimena
07-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Miranda in the bottom? :wuzrobbed Why does America hate me so? :drama:

I'm not watching live but this makes me sad.

Who's safe? Are Miranda/Robert the only ones in the bottom so far?

rjblue
07-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Mitchell and Miranda are two of the dancer who are beginning to be my favourites.
I guess I hope they pick Ashley and Chris, if they send home a couple.

Axis dance company. Um- I can't sing on tune. I sing for my own pleasure, but I am physically unable to perform in a way that would give other people pleasure. I'm really happy that he is able to dance with a partner in a way that gives him joy, but the wheelchair and the balance (or lack thereof) that it has, made it unappealing to watch, for me. It kept making me think of ski ballet. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-KV5yB-Ogw)

Matryeshka
07-01-2011, 01:33 AM
No, it's Ashley/Chris, Miranda/Robert, and Caitlynn/Mitchell.

Seriously don't know what show the rest of America was watching. (((Mitchell's hips)))

Jimena
07-01-2011, 01:36 AM
No, it's Ashley/Chris, Miranda/Robert, and Caitlynn/Mitchell.

Seriously don't know what show the rest of America was watching. (((Mitchell's hips)))

I thought for sure Jess and Clarice were going to be there. I didn't think the Foxtrot was going to get much votes. I'm glad they're not in the bottom though 'cause that was my favorite number of the night.

I think they should send home Ashley and Chris.

Matryeshka
07-01-2011, 01:38 AM
The only good thing about Miranda being in the bottom is that she knows how to do a solo. Such grace and beauty. :swoon:

And as I type this, she has a balance check.

Compared to Robert, Chris looks like a no-talent hack without any presence.

kwanfan1818
07-01-2011, 01:39 AM
He does. He's beautiful, too. I think he's my favorite guy but not just for his face. I love the way he moves. Maybe it's because of my ballet preference, and he's been in several ballet companies, hasn't he? I think I remember reading that on his bio. Not very big companies, and he's not "the other Alex" but he ain't bad.
Bio says,

Alexander Fost won Mr. Dance USA in 2006 and Mr. Dance International in 2007. A year later, he earned a spot with the Los Angeles Youth American Grand Prix, and went on to dance with the Media City Ballet, San Pedro Ballet and the Festival Ballet Theatre companies.

rjblue
07-01-2011, 01:41 AM
Ashley's solo- lovely lines, but kind of empty. Miranda's solo- mostly airborne, gravity defying loveliness-she won.
Chris- interesting contortion, and danced like he really wants it. Robert- his whole body dancing with every beat. They were tied.

Caitlynn and Mitchell after the break,

pollyanna
07-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Miranda's solo was beautiful.

Robert's was very entertaining, I bet the judges will love it.

rjblue
07-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Caitlynn really needs to get her hair just slightly under control. Her solo might have been marginally better than Ashley's.

Mitchell should be in no danger with that solo.

Chris and someone other than Miranda are going home.

Holley Calmes
07-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Bio says,

Thanks Kwanfan. I just watched Wednesday night's show, and I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with anybody, but I think it was the choreo on most dances that was lacking, not necessarily the dancers. Alex was beautiful, and so was Mitchell. I see Ryan went without makeup. She just doesn't seem to have a dancer's taunt body-little muscle definition. Not trying to find fault with the child....she's just kind of sad to me.

Hate who's in the bottom!!!! But then again....I don't think I want anyone in the bottom.

Matryeshka
07-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Caitlynn was good, but a bit frantic. Ashley should be toast.

Mitchell is sublime. Because I'm shallow, Alex is still my favorite because he's :grope: worthy, but Mitchell dance-wise is heavenly. His solo went by so quickly, and love that he danced to Adele and not the usual whiny coffe shop indie crap contemporary dancers love so much.

TygerLily
07-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Pairs routine on the stage?