PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Top 16 June 29-30

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

Jimena
07-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Well, based on the solos and on their past performances, I would've sent Ashley and Chris home.

I would love for both Caitlynn and Mitchell to have more stretch and better feet.

uyeahu
07-01-2011, 03:14 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I knew when Nigel said it wasn't unanimous and Lil' C started shaking his head that it would be Miranda. Such a bullshit decision. She got eliminated because she was Robert's partner. It should have been Ashley and Chris or Ashley and Robert even. I thought Chris's solo was a hair better. Ashley's dancing is generic and leaves me cold. She's not a great performer.

Poor little Caitlynn was crying before her solo was over I think. I felt so bad for her. :(

ETA: Nigel's comment to Mitchell about continually finding himself in the bottom 3 was as much bullshit as him crediting Chris with Robert's woodpecker performance. Mitchell's only other trip to the bottom was due to injury, not voting, correct? He wasn't in the bottom 3 last week.

kwanfan1818
07-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Are they picking these girls based on perceived commercial appeal and input from Gatorade?
I think Danskin should give Miranda Maleski a contract. I think she's got a lot of appeal for athletics and dance. (I'm not sure what Gatorade is looking for -- beer commercial wet dreams?)

Cheylana
07-01-2011, 03:42 AM
Aww, I'm sort of going to miss Woooobert. And Miranda didn't even get the chance to dance in her own style.

I suspect Chris and Ashley will be toast next week.

Nigel's comment to Mitchell about continually finding himself in the bottom 3 was as much bullshit as him crediting Chris with Robert's woodpecker performance. Mitchell's only other trip to the bottom was due to injury, not voting, correct? He wasn't in the bottom 3 last week.
Everything Nigel said tonight was bullshit.
Everything Nigel says is bullshit in general.
Nigel <----:rolleyes:

barbk
07-01-2011, 04:12 AM
Well, glad work kept me too busy to watch tonight. Blech.

I really like the WSJ's SYTYCD blog --
<excerpt>
But before the dancers dance for their lives we see a routine from the company Axis. One of the dancers is in a wheelchair because the company’s mission is creation of contemporary dances through collaborations with performers with and without disabilities. They music is a classical violin piece which really is a nice relief. And you know, THIS is contemporary dancing and it is so nice that we didn’t have to hear the story of what it all means ahead of time but trusts us to enjoy it for our own sake. It makes the other dancers claiming they do this style look pretty lame, actually, except maybe for Mealnie. The dancers’ names are Sonsheree Giles and Rodney Bell; I had to go to the company website to get it because the show didn’t flash them. The music is “Partita for Violin Solo Number 2 in D Minor” by Ciaccona, performed by Janine Jensen. Please don’t yell at me if I got that wrong, I had to rewind several times to get it. It was lovely.
“Wow,” Cat says. She must be surprised at how wonderful contemporary dance can be when other choreographers get involved. The choreographer’s name was Alex Ketley, Sonsharee told Cat.'

<snip>
Nigel opens by saying they loved all three girls and they are not unanimous tonight. They are sending Miranda home despite the fact that she was the most improved girl. And I am a little impressed at how they didn’t tease the other two and got straight to the point, although I thought Caitlynn was worse. So does this mean the other two get no feedback at all? I guess so. And it’s hard, once again, to understand the rationale for keeping Ryan.
<End excerpt.>
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/06/30/so-you-think-you-can-dance-who-was-eliminated-2/?mod=google_news_blog

my little pony
07-01-2011, 04:17 AM
i want the cast offs i like to go to some sort of dancing redemption island then have a dance off to determine who has the right to stay

iveta + miranda > ryan and ashley

Rob
07-01-2011, 04:24 AM
They were set up for elimination the first week when they got jive. Ridiculous. My fave girl and guy (nick) gone already. is there anyone else who never got his/her own style?

Era
07-01-2011, 05:11 AM
I resent the sending home of teams rather than individuals.

Me too. :( I would have liked to see Miranda paired with Chris. I think they would have been a better fit.

And when Nigel can't even remember who danced what last week, sheesh. I didn't think my confidence in the judges could plunge any lower but it just did. I don't know what Nigel was watching last week, but I watched Chris & Ashley do the jailhouse routine.

genevieve
07-01-2011, 05:28 AM
Opening number was kind of a big mess. Cool idea; poor execution (of choreography, not of performance).

Axis dance was very cool. Integrated dance is hard to do without looking like a dancer and someone in a wheelchair who happens to be on stage too. The style of dance was rather late-'80s/early-'90s but well done. And this will probably get me :lynch: but while I thought there were some very cool things in the theatrical ballroom piece, I wanted more ballroom AND more theatricality :shuffle: Some truly jaw-dropping stunts though :cheer2:

I can't complain too much about who was in the B3 because other than Ashley/chris it really could have been anyone. I'm even ok with Ryan not being in the bottom because Rickey was so phenomenal last night I didn't want him in danger.

Ladies
I'll go against the grain here and say that Ashley did a very good solo. I might have even liked it better than Miranda's :eek: I love Caitlyn, but I thought her solo was by far the weakest.

Guys
Chris was fun, but his solo was nothing compared to Robert's and especially Mitchell's. This should have taken about .00000003 seconds to figure out, whereas I can see some debate about the ladies.

Weird that Nigel just cuts Miranda (WTF?!?!?!?! :mad: ) even though the judges are split on the girls, but goes through a whole rigamarole about the guys, when that was unanimous :rolleyes: Inexcusable that Nigel botched who did what dance. while babbling about who did well in what part of the competition. made me think that he was supposed to eliminate Chris, but decided to go with it instead of admitting he'd made a mistake. Oh, how I wish either Chris or Robert had corrected him - or better yet, cat.

Based on solos, it should have been Caitlyn and Chris leaving - although that would have paired Ashley with Mitchell, which may have been wonky. i'd have been ok with Ashly leaving. But Miranda and Robert?!?! :wall: FECK.

...Because I'm shallow, Alex is still my favorite because he's :grope: worthy, but Mitchell dance-wise is heavenly. His solo went by so quickly, and love that he danced to Adele and not the usual whiny coffe shop indie crap contemporary dancers love so much.
Funny, I think of Adele as being part of the indie crap modern dancers love so much (except I love it too so it's not crap :P)

Really. And the tacky baby-doll nightie looking outfits on the girls that totally hide their bodies and add about 15 pounds to everyone who wears them
I also hate the baby doll nighties, but because they always end up bunched around their bras and it's all nekkid like.

Nigel's comment to Mitchell about continually finding himself in the bottom 3 was as much bullshit as him crediting Chris with Robert's woodpecker performance. Mitchell's only other trip to the bottom was due to injury, not voting, correct? He wasn't in the bottom 3 last week.
Nigel is such an asshat :mad:

i want the cast offs i like to go to some sort of dancing redemption island then have a dance off to determine who has the right to stay
I could get behind that.

kwanfan1818
07-01-2011, 05:53 AM
What annoyed me was how last Wednesday the judges talked about how well Missy Morelli had performed the Cha-Cha-Cha. Even Melanie LaPatin described this in her her blog entry (http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/30/melanie-lapatin-so-you-think-you-can-dance/) linked above:

"Now, before we get into last night’s performances, I thought I’d try to address a few of your comments about Missy and why her cha-cha with Wadi was so highly praised. (Well, at least her half of it.) "

Then during the double-elimination, I think it was The Dweeb who said that it was unfortunate that she got Cha-Cha. Which one is it? Either she did something very hard very well, and was praised for it, and it should have counted or should been irrelevant the next night, if they were only counting the solo, or it sucked the first night, and they shouldn't have praised it. (According to LaPatin who actually has a clue, they were right the first time.)

barbk
07-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Cat question: Last show (I think the last show, might have been last Thursday's show) there were several views of some truly large audio equipment hooked to the back of her dress; very visible as she'd turn a bit. Tonight she was in a much slinkier dress, and even when she turned there didn't seem to be visible equipment. Where was all that junk hiding tonight? (There certainly wouldn't seem to be room inside the dress to hold much of it.)

TygerLily
07-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Were people on here asking about Jean-Marc's wife, France? Because he's basically making out with her on SYTYCD-Canada tonight. He also spoke about her passionately that made me a little weepy even though I was finding him creepy (Nygel-leery-esque) earlier in the episode.

Rob
07-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Nigel tweeted that he messed up the woodpecker dance thing because he was so upset about losing Miranda. Which implies that he did not want to eliminate Miranda - he said they were not unanimous.

skatingfan04
07-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Good to know that I wasn't the only one who was a tad peeved about who they chose to eliminate. I am looking foreward to tomorrow night, though. I'm completely in love with Melanie / Marko, and I can't wait to see what they do!

tarotx
07-06-2011, 05:59 AM
I guess Travis will be the 3rd judge this week
http://twitter.com/#!/travISova/status/88440449655775232