PDA

View Full Version : Wait over - Bates to team with Madison Chock!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

olympic
06-29-2011, 02:25 PM
http://www.freep.com/article/20110629/SPORTS17/106290385/1048/sports

As someone in the Adam Rippon thread pointed out, the sidebar to the Adam article mentions that Madison is teaming with Evan Bates!

Thoughts?

Garden Kitty
06-29-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm glad he's not stopping, but I prefer him with Emily. I like Evan a lot, though, and I wish them luck in the upcoming season.

kirkbiggestfan
06-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Not chocked by the news. Let`s hope Samuelson finds her `Trankov``

Cloudy_Gumdrops
06-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Two wonderful skaters without partners (Emily and Caitlin). I wish the US had more high level guys in the sport.

More guys in general would be good.

overedge
06-29-2011, 02:39 PM
This could be very interesting, but IMHO Evan was not the one who showed the personality and charisma in his previous partnership. I fear that he could be even more overshadowed by Chock than he was by Samuelson (although I like both Evan and Maddy's individual skating skills very much). That could work if it's handled cleverly, but it has its risks as well (i.e. it could devolve into "Madison and that guy who skates next to her").

Cloudy_Gumdrops
06-29-2011, 02:49 PM
This could be very interesting, but IMHO Evan was not the one who showed the personality and charisma in his previous partnership. I fear that he could be even more overshadowed by Chock than he was by Samuelson (although I like both Evan and Maddy's individual skating skills very much). That could work if it's handled cleverly, but it has its risks as well (i.e. it could devolve into "Madison and that guy who skates next to her").

I don't think he's as 'invisible' as Greg.

Sure, Emily was always more charismatic, but I don't think she completely overshadowed him the way Madison did with Greg.

Of course, Madison is more Krylova-esque in terms of facial expression than Emily is too. That could be a factor.

Sylvia
06-29-2011, 02:50 PM
As someone in the Adam Rippon thread pointed out, the sidebar to the Adam article mentions that Madison is teaming with Evan Bates!

Thoughts?
Also being discussed starting here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79258&page=12

olympic
06-29-2011, 02:59 PM
I think Evan's height and skating skills will probably mean he won't be a wallflower. I also agree with the poster that said if handled correctly, this pairing could work

Also being discussed starting here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79258&page=12

Sorry. I looked there and didn't see the post, so I started a new thread :o

Frau Muller
06-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Not chocked by the news. Let`s hope Samuelson finds her `Trankov``

LOL, kirkbiggestfan!!!

This is great news, by the way. I always liked Evan & Madison, more so than their respective old partners. In particular, I never cared for Emily's vain, almost narcissistic, airs, winking at the camera and proudly wiggling her shoulders as if she's God's Gift to Kiss n' Cry. Madison should be such a delightful change for Evan.

B.Cooper
06-29-2011, 03:06 PM
I can only imagine the line of skaters going thru the DSC in the last few weeks for try outs! With all the changes in partnerships recently, I suspect that for the skaters, much less the coaches, trying to help the athletes find just the right match is mind boggling!

CoralReef
06-29-2011, 03:24 PM
I can only imagine the line of skaters going thru the DSC in the last few weeks for try outs!Unless there were a lot of mystery skaters sneaking in and out, I've only seen it reported that there were a few.

Jenna
06-29-2011, 04:52 PM
LOL, kirkbiggestfan!!!

This is great news, by the way. I always liked Evan & Madison, more so than their respective old partners. In particular, I never cared for Emily's vain, almost narcissistic, airs, winking at the camera and proudly wiggling her shoulders as if she's God's Gift to Kiss n' Cry. Madison should be such a delightful change for Evan.

What you talking about? :confused: :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm glad they're pairing, but I also hope Emily finds an equally as talented partner soon. I've always loved Madison and her fiery personality on the ice.

attyfan
06-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Are they eligible for one of the GP "TBA" spots?

Tammi
06-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Are they eligible for one of the GP "TBA" spots?I don't think we know yet. It's been stated that even host picks needed a minimum qualifying score, so at the very least, they'd have to go to a fall Senior B first. Without knowing what the new ISU criteria is for hosts and substitutes, that's just a guess.

olympic
06-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Are they eligible for one of the GP "TBA" spots?

I asked this question in re Denney/Coughlin for SA. I think Chock/Bates will have to meet a minimum score requirement in an ISU certified competition beforehand?

BTW, any suggestions for a name combo for these 2? - hard with each having only 1 syllable :P - Chobates, MadBates, Cheaven, ???