PDA

View Full Version : Who should WIN The Voice?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

KikiSashaFan
07-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Tori and Taylor Thompson won that American Idol spin off American Juniors a few years back. They put out an album or two from that, but there was no mention of that on the show. Oh and to go along with that, even though it's completely irrelevent, Lucy Hale from Pretty Little Liars also won along with them.

michiruwater
07-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Hah, you just know I love PLL, but I am looking that up immediately! Thanks.

It just seems surprising to me. I have all of Meg & Dia's albums and have been listening to them for years. To see her on a competition as though she's brand new is odd, though I know it's happened before.

rfisher
07-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Many of the contestants have been professional musicians for a long time and have had prior recording contracts. It's not an issue. Bad singers never get past the production crew. This isn't like AI. Thank goodness.

PeterG
07-03-2011, 12:06 AM
I thought the whole premise of this show was to find seasoned acts and skip all the rookies completely (similar to "Rock Star"). I much prefer watching people who know what they are doing. :)

Um, I didn't realize that Dia was Dia Frampton of Meg & Dia. They've had several minor hits in the US but yet she was allowed to be on this show? I mean, I first heard both 'Monster' and 'Black Wedding' on the radio and then saw them on MTV back in the day.

Javier also had some minor success, his first album squeaked into the top half of the Billboard 200 charts (and into the top 20 on the R & B charts). The first single from that album charted on the Billboard Hot 100 charts (barely) and almost made it into the top 40 of the R & B chart.

Javier's discography, courtesty of wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Colon#Albums)

skatesindreams
07-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Would you rather see people with talent, who have been struggling for opportunities and recognition; or less gifted absolute "unknowns"?
The fact that some of the contestants have had some "minor success" before, only highlights how difficult it really is to "make it" as an artist.in the music industry

I have no problem as long as the show can continue to bring talent like what we had this season to our attention,

genevieve
07-09-2011, 01:14 AM
whee, Vicci Martinez just announced 2 shows at a venue in downtown Seattle later this month - by the time I read it, the early show was sold out but I got tix to the later one. It's a great place to see live music :cool:

I can only hope she will be looking for some consolation for not winning :grope:

PeterG
07-09-2011, 04:07 AM
whee, Vicci Martinez just announced 2 shows at a venue in downtown Seattle later this month - by the time I read it, the early show was sold out but I got tix to the later one. It's a great place to see live music :cool:

Did you get my ticket too? :D

I can only hope she will be looking for some consolation for not winning :grope:

I'm a good hugger........... :shuffle:

genevieve
07-09-2011, 04:26 AM
I did get 2 tickets, and I don't know if any of my friends will want to go.... :saint: of course if you are planning to interfere with my deep caring concern for her post-Voice well being, I may have to hurt you :P

PeterG
07-09-2011, 06:51 AM
I did get 2 tickets, and I don't know if any of my friends will want to go.... :saint: of course if you are planning to interfere with my deep caring concern for her post-Voice well being, I may have to hurt you :P

My guess is that you may be able to console her in a way that I just don't have in me. Just a hunch. :)

genevieve
07-09-2011, 07:11 AM
one can only hope :swoon:

Allskate
07-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Vicci and Nakia apparently were singing at The Grove last night with Blake Lewis and Elliott Yamin. I wonder how they hooked up. I hope good things are happening for them. I'd really like to see Vicci get a recording deal.

In other singing show news, Sara Bareilles just signed on to judge The Sing-Off! She'll be so much better than Nicole S. Sara was in an acapella group before and already is friends with Ben Folds, so they should have good chemistry. Plus, Sara's funny. Yay! I think The Voice and The Sing Off will be the singing shows I watch next season.

skatesindreams
07-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Vicci and Nakia apparently were singing at The Grove last night with Blake Lewis and Elliott Yamin.

I'm glad to hear news about Elliot!

sk9tingfan
07-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Just thought I would post this Youtube video of Javier Colon's debut single, "Crazy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpBYaIAlAiM

rfisher
07-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Vicci and Nakia apparently were singing at The Grove last night with Blake Lewis and Elliott Yamin. I wonder how they hooked up. I hope good things are happening for them. I'd really like to see Vicci get a recording deal.

In other singing show news, Sara Bareilles just signed on to judge The Sing-Off! She'll be so much better than Nicole S. Sara was in an acapella group before and already is friends with Ben Folds, so they should have good chemistry. Plus, Sara's funny. Yay! I think The Voice and The Sing Off will be the singing shows I watch next season.

Ben Folds :swoon: And it's going to be a full season and not just 4 weeks :cheer2:

birdgal
07-30-2011, 02:42 AM
A SF Bay Area station played Vicci Martinez singing "Dog Days" this AM. I was really surprised to hear her being played on a radio station. I wonder, if she received a recording contract?