PDA

View Full Version : Who should WIN The Voice?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Allskate
06-30-2011, 05:01 AM
But--Holy close vote Batman! Javier may want to send Bieber some flowers or something! Lol.

Justin's manager is one of Adam's best friends, so I think Adam might want to buy him a very nice gift. :lol:

Adam and Blake both looked ready to hurl waiting for the result. :lol:

This really is a great group of coaches and singers.

Props to the producers for not hiding the fact that Dia sold the most downloads. (AI producers still haven't mentioned the relatively high number of Haley downloads.)

One nitpick. For the finale of a show called "The Voice" I think they could have gotten better voices for the guests. I get that Adam is buddies with Pat Monahan and Ryan Tedder, but if he is going to get them gigs on the show, then they should sing with his contestant. What did Vicci ever do to deserve that duet with Pat? And surely they could have found a better duet partner for Bev. I love Blake, but Mrs. Shelton was not the ideal choice for Dia.

I'm sure this whole experience will boost Vicci's and Bev's careers even if they don't get signed by major labels.

For Dia, I'm sure Blake will look out for her. Plus, everyone knows that she has sold the highest number of downloads, not only this week, but for the past month, so I'd be really surprised if she doesn't get signed.

HeatherC
06-30-2011, 05:07 AM
Not sure how I missed this information (or if it's been posted yet) but Javier has an official Twitter account. Here's his username in case anyone else wants to follow him: @Javstwtr

His tweet tonight: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! (And yes, he does have all those exclamation points there, LOL :D)

Found some other ones for you guys in case you're interested:

Dia: @DiaFramps
Beverly: @beverlyshane
Vicci: @VicciMartinez
Nakia: @Nakia
Xenia: @X3NIA17
Casey Westin: @casey_westen
Adam Levine: @adamlevine

rfisher
06-30-2011, 11:41 AM
I thought Stevie Nicks/Javier and Miranda Lambert/Dia's duets were both very good. They actually sang the songs together. The harmonies were beautiful. Bev/Tedder and Vicci/Moynahan both shouted the song, but not together. Of course, there's no telling how much rehersal time they had since Train is on tour and I assume so is One Republic.

I have no problems with Javiar getting the win. He's got an excellent voice. I'd have had no problems with any of the top 4 winning this show. All sing very well. It came down to a matter of personal choice and style. I think people voted for the singer they really liked and not for the singer they disliked the least.

I also have no problem with Carson Daily. He's a 1000x better than Seacreast. He does not make the show about him. I don't even mind Twitter girl. Mark Burnett was very smart in tapping into twitter during the show and using itunes as part of the voting mechanism. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see AI do a copycat next spring. Nigel and Simon Fuller have to be aware they will face some stiff competition from the Voice. It will be very interesting to see what NBC and Fox do with the scheduling, particularly during the dreadful AI audition weeks when the Voice will be doing the very entertaining blind auditions.

Meredith
06-30-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm thrilled Javier won! They pulled kept the b.s. to a minimum and aired a classy finale. Yesssss!

sk9tingfan
06-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Just read the Hartford Courant and found out that Javier lives in the next town over from mine. He grew up in Stratford, CT. I really should make it a point to try and catch the concert in Wallingford, a half hour away; it's likely to be stupendous!

rfisher
06-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Yes, you should. And then let us know. I'm so sad there won't be any dates close enough for me to attend.

Allen
06-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Yes, you should. And then let us know. I'm so sad there won't be any dates close enough for me to attend.

I was disappointed as well. I assumed it would come to the DC area. The entire Southeast was left out of the tour, which struck me as somewhat odd.

rfisher
06-30-2011, 02:00 PM
I was disappointed as well. I assumed it would come to the DC area. The entire Southeast was left out of the tour, which struck me as somewhat odd.

I suspect they threw it together in a hurry since they didn't even announce there would be a tour until two weeks ago. Finding venues and getting the logistics set up would be daunting, ergo, there are only 6 dates. The show proved way more popular than expected. They'll probably do more next summer. I'm wondering if Maroon 5 will let Javier open for them for the rest of their tour? Or even Casey?

Frau Muller
06-30-2011, 02:37 PM
I am SOOOOO happy with the Top 2 and final outcome. PERFECT!

Aceon6
06-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Javi carried Stevie in the duet. His harmonies were absolutely perfect and camouflaged her problems perfectly. Next best was probably Vicci's. I didn't enjoy Dia's as her voice just didn't blend with Miranda. As for Bev, way to throw her under the bus. Either they didn't rehearse, or couldn't agree on a key. Still love her though.

I'm very happy with the outcome, even though Javier wasn't my favorite. What a refreshing change to have a Top 8 where everyone can actually sing!!!

Beefcake
06-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Wow Wow Wow! I've played the Stevie Nicks/Javier Colon Landslide duet (www.dailymotion.com/video/xjm60p_the-voice-javier-colon-and-stevie-nicks-sing-landslide_shortfilms) a good half-dozen times since my initial viewing last night. Simply AMAZING!

:respec: Goddess Stevie :respec:

Download her "Enchanted" CD sometime ... many hits, many originals and reworks of Mac's/her past songs, 100% outstanding.

That peformance, and his Stitch by Stitch (which follows Landslide at the Hulu vid, above), moved Javier to the top of my list among this :kickass: final 4. But I'd have been happy with any of the four winning.

The Voice has been such a great find this summer. Excellent show! Looking forward to January, and hoping that the PTB do not make "too" many changes to a damned good formula.

Bev is one of the most likeable people I've ever seen on TV. And her original song - or should I say Bev's performance of a pretty good original song - was all kinds of :rockstar:

:lol: Cee-Lo's costuming for Love is a Battlefield

ETA: Seriously, Aceon, Javier "carried" Stevie Nicks in the duet of her timeless song? Just where were her "problems"? :rofl:

skatesindreams
06-30-2011, 04:03 PM
The video is gone...

Beefcake
06-30-2011, 04:05 PM
^ paste-in mistake. corrected.

skatesindreams
06-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Thank you!

rfisher
06-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Is Gen in a depression because her girl Vicci didn't win? ((((Gen)))) Maybe you should find where she's playing and offer her comfort. :P