PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bolton Corrects Eva Cassidy's Faulty Recording of "Fields Of Gold"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

PeterG
06-29-2011, 04:06 AM
Finally. The original was such a mess, one must admit. But Mr. B. has fixed it up so that "Fields Of Gold" is now listenable.

AOL is streaming Bolton's new album, "Gems - The Duets Collection", listen to Michael duet with Eva here:

Michael Bolton - Gems The Duets Collection (http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/6)

Mikey also covers "Pride (In the Name Of Love)", which U2 could never really get a handle on. Plus he covers "The Prayer" and "Hallelulah", two songs that no one has done a very good job on until this time.

Mark my word, expect to see Mr. Bolton up on stage next February taking home the Grammy for best album of the year for this treasure. :respec:

Allskate
06-29-2011, 04:10 AM
:lol:

Brian's going to take exception to the opinions you've voiced here. ;)

And leave it to a skating fan to refer to Eva's version as the "original."

reckless
06-29-2011, 04:13 AM
Wow. Just listened to Pride (In the Name of Love). I hope Bono and the Edge show up at next year's Grammys and kick MB's ass for that one.

PeterG
06-29-2011, 04:14 AM
:lol:

Brian's going to take exception to the opinions you've voiced here. ;)

And leave it to a skating fan to refer to Eva's version as the "original."

:)

You're being too literal. Bolton took Eva's original, removed some of her vocals and added her own. So we're talking about Eva's original recording, as apparently she declined to record a new vocal with Mr. B. for some reason...

Matryeshka
06-29-2011, 04:15 AM
You have, umm, interesting taste in music PeterG. I cannot imagine Michael Bolton improving anything, especially Eva Cassidy's sublime version of "Fields of Gold." He sings like he has a very painful hernia.

Allskate
06-29-2011, 04:19 AM
:)

You're being too literal. Bolton took Eva's original, removed some of her vocals and added her own. So we're talking about Eva's original recording, as apparently she declined to record a new vocal with Mr. B. for some reason...

For some reason . . . :rofl: You're awful. :rofl:

Rob
06-29-2011, 04:27 AM
Hahaha. Reminds me of Pat Boone's In A Metal Mood. Another instant classic

Garden Kitty
06-29-2011, 04:30 AM
I hope Bono and the Edge show up at next year's Grammys and kick MB's ass for that one.

I hope Eva does. :EVILLE: (;) )

ChelleC
06-29-2011, 04:32 AM
Wow. Just listened to Pride (In the Name of Love). I hope Bono and the Edge show up at next year's Grammys and kick MB's ass for that one.

:respec:

I think I'm going to have to listen to the real versions of these songs to cleanse my brain. :scream::yikes:

PrincessLeppard
06-29-2011, 04:33 AM
You have, umm, interesting taste in music PeterG. I cannot imagine Michael Bolton improving anything, especially Eva Cassidy's sublime version of "Fields of Gold." He sings like he has a very painful hernia.

I don't think Peter can imagine him improving anything, either. ;)

PeterG
06-29-2011, 04:41 AM
I hope Eva does. :EVILLE: (;) )

Yes, and when she returns home afterwards, takes Bolton with him. With so many songs out there to choose from, he really picked a good handful which will only make people hate him more. Not too bright, for sure.

And what was Cassidy's estate thinking to let this happen? Why not let Barry Manilow have a shot at it first?

:scream:

Spinner
06-29-2011, 04:43 AM
As I said on Facebook, for doing this to Eva's song, he must be destroyed by a meteor.

And as PL replied, this may be one of the 7 signs of the apocalypse.

taf2002
06-29-2011, 04:50 AM
Sacrilege!!!

overedge
06-29-2011, 04:55 AM
Looking at the tracks on this album...it's like the album that was specifically made to torture me, with every song that makes me run screaming from the room. All that's missing is a duet with Michael Buble to make it complete.

PeterG
06-29-2011, 04:57 AM
Looking at the tracks on this album...it's like the album that was specifically made to torture me, with every song that makes me run screaming from the room. All that's missing is a duet with Michael Buble to make it complete.

B & B do a hidden track on the album, a cover of Simon and Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water". Finally a definitive version.