View Full Version : Lysacek Eyeing Return to Competitive Skating

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

ciocio
07-12-2011, 11:58 AM
:rofl:

I disagree wich such a blasphemic rule!!!:P

Spartacus
07-12-2011, 12:13 PM
LOL Yes....YEEES b****....Evan snatched that mullet right off Plushenko's arrogant scalp...but y'know what tho....I'm not here to interact with pretentious punk a** b**** figure skating fans so...go sit with the other nerds at the front of the bus...you remember....just like back in highschool...thank yooou....luv yooou.

ciocio
07-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Evan snatched that mullet right off Plushenko's arrogant scalp...

Thatīs how Plushy lost his mullet? I thought he went to a hairdresser. :lol:
By the way, are you Lady Spartacusīhusband?:confused::D

Zemgirl
07-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Lysacek scalped Plushy? :yikes: That doesn't sound like the actions of someone deserving of beatification, and I say this as a Yags fan from way back.

ciocio
07-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Lysacek scalped Plushy? :yikes: That doesn't sound like the actions of someone deserving of beatification, and I say this as a Yags fan from way back.

Hello!!!! Plushy lost his mullet, thatīs a MIRACLE!!!!!

Spartacus
07-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Thatīs how Plushy lost his mullet? I thought he went to a hairdresser. :lol:
By the way, are you Lady Spartacusīhusband?:confused::D
No, I'm all about the peen.

ciocio
07-12-2011, 01:00 PM
No, I'm all about the peen.

Sorry :D, I didnīt pay attention to this post:

Oh yeah, he's "fine tuned" for sure! :swoon:

;)

Spartacus
07-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Sorry :D, I didnīt pay attention to this post:

;)
Is that it? We're done here? Okay? Okay.

judgejudy27
07-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Agreed. Evan has still been doing his triple jumps (minus the axel) seemingly effortlessly in his SOI shows and other exhibitions. He has stayed in shape despite not training the same number of hours he did in the years prior to the 2010 Olympics. I just don't understand why some are saying he can't be competitive with the best skaters. Now that he'll be back training with Carroll, he can really get back into kick-butt mode. He is one of the most determined and hard-working athletes I've watched and I don't doubt that he can still contend for medals at the major competitions.

Chan is skating at a much higher level than Evan ever has. Chan has arguably the best quads in the World now and does everything else better than Evan. It does not matter if he is 110% consistent, he doesnt have to be to beat the others right now. Chan would need to fall 5 times to lose to a clean Evan unless Evan has improved alot which I highly doubt at his age. If Evan is hoping for big titles he was incredibly stupid to return now.

olympic
07-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Chan is skating at a much higher level than Evan ever has. Chan has arguably the best quads in the World now and does everything else better than Evan. It does not matter if he is 110% consistent, he doesnt have to be to beat the others right now. Chan would need to fall 5 times to lose to a clean Evan unless Evan has improved alot which I highly doubt at his age. If Evan is hoping for big titles he was incredibly stupid to return now.

Agreed. And I'm saying this as someone who likes EL and defended him in the past.

But, Chan has like a 2-3 fall cushion on everyone at the moment, not just EL. And, I wouldn't call EL 'stupid'. He has all the major titles and has transitioned nicely into the non-skating world. He may just be looking to challenge himself. That's all

---------------------------------

I get the sense that there are a few posters on FSU whom are driven crazy when Evan's name is brought up. It stops being a critique on his skating, just an obsession. I think these posters need to get a life, or a therapist.

judgejudy27
07-12-2011, 05:18 PM
I dont even like Chan for whats its worth, in fact I dislike him more than Lysacek. However he indeed has a multi fall cushion over everyone else right now. People forget when he fell 4 times and barely lost to a totally clean Verner he not only had the falls. He had a two jump combination discounted and a downgrade. He had over 6 falls worth of mistakes, not just 4.

I have already conceded him the winner of all the major events for the next 3+ seasons unless he gets injured or someone else shows an enormous improvement (and even then Chan would have to almost stop improving or become more inconsistent). And that person wont be a golden oldie like Plushenko or Lysacek, that is for sure.

Gil-Galad
07-12-2011, 06:00 PM
I get the sense that there are a few posters on FSU whom are driven crazy when Evan's name is brought up. It stops being a critique on his skating, just an obsession. I think these posters need to get a life, or a therapist.

The last person who actually talked about Evan's skating in this thread was Iceman on page 5. Everything after that was about his attitude, his purity of spirit, about his gutsy personality, his choice to follow his heart, how he is a man of honour, a pure athlete and about his greatness as a human being.

People have a right to write all that (though how can you even know these things about a person if you are not actually his mother or sister?), but I can still make fun of it without having to run to a therapist because olympic on FSU told me so. Also - "get a life"? I mean, jeez, you are on the internet too! Writing posts on a freaking figure skating board! Since 2004. You've got over 4000 posts! Your average number of posts each day is three times higher than mine. You took your time to critique a couple of tongue-in-cheek one-liners! But I guess "get a life" will never get old, as long as the net exists. But the idiom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_calling_the_kettle_black) that describes the sentiment behind it is really old and present in so many different languages, that I think it must be a timeless problem.

olympic
07-12-2011, 06:38 PM

The last person who actually talked about Evan's skating in this thread was Iceman on page 5. Everything after that was about his attitude, his purity of spirit, about his gutsy personality, his choice to follow his heart, how he is a man of honour, a pure athlete and about his greatness as a human being.

People have a right to write all that (though how can you even know these things about a person if you are not actually his mother or sister?), but I can still make fun of it without having to run to a therapist because olympic on FSU told me so. Also - "get a life"? I mean, jeez, you are on the internet too! Writing posts on a freaking figure skating board! Since 2004. You've got over 4000 posts! Your average number of posts each day is three times higher than mine. You took your time to critique a couple of tongue-in-cheek one-liners! But I guess "get a life" will never get old, as long as the net exists. But the idiom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_calling_the_kettle_black) that describes the sentiment behind it is really old and present in so many different languages, that I think it must be a timeless problem.

You're getting over-emotional here. And you are all over the place in your response to me, so I can't really answer. PM me and we can discuss it further if you want.

Iceman
07-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Where did Plush lose his mullet? Maybe I can help him find it in time for Sochi. lmao

kittyjake5
07-12-2011, 07:41 PM

I agree that Patrick is very, very, very good, yet still there be a slew of skaters competing against him, I don't see why Evan should not be in that category. If everyone was afraid to compete against Patrick we would not have anyone showing up to skate the competition. Just saying....