PDA

View Full Version : Lysacek Eyeing Return to Competitive Skating

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Zokko!
07-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Bores like Chan, klutzes like Lysacek ... just if you think things couldn't get worse ... :blah: :wall: :yikes: :scream:

orbitz
07-01-2011, 01:11 AM
We'll get to see more of Vera Wang's skating creations. Bring on the nips Vera. :encore:.

BlueAranjuez
07-01-2011, 01:25 AM
Am excited to see Evan skate again. :) The US men are kinda meh right now. So excited. and yes some interesting Vera outfits are on there way. :)

luCN
07-01-2011, 02:11 AM
If Frank Carroll turned down Adam Rippon because of Evan then I am grrrr. I think Frank could have done great things for Adam. I guess there is no way to find out though.

I don't think so.It's a good result.Frank is too tough for him.Jason may more suit him.

Spartacus
07-01-2011, 02:42 AM
We'll get to see more of Vera Wang's skating creations. Bring on the nips Vera. :encore:.
Yes, the NIPS! And abs too! Whoo! :rollin:

orbitz
07-01-2011, 03:10 AM
As far as I m concerned if Dick Button wants to make a comeback, who would tell him not to?

Considering that at Dick's age he could easily crack his head open with just a simple fall on a three jump, EVERYBODY would tell him NOT to return.

PeterG
07-01-2011, 06:36 AM
EVAN, WEIR AND WEISS FOR SOCHI!!!! :cheer2: :cheer:

ciocio
07-01-2011, 07:22 AM
It has to do with the rabid Plushenko fans who were outraged that Evan won the OGM in Vancouver -- they had a special platinum medal made for him to "trump" the gold earned by Evan :rolleyes: .

Plushy fans are admins of his official site? Hm..I didnŽt know, thanks for telling me. IŽll post some diamond medals there and then we can call Plushy ODM too. ;)

Spartacus
07-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Plushy fans are admins of his official site? Hm..I didnŽt know, thanks for telling me. IŽll post some diamond medals there and then we can call Plushy ODM too. ;)
o.O Medal!? You just KNOW with Plushenco anything less than a Diamond crown will NOT do! :D

senorita
07-01-2011, 08:54 AM
^ he is known also as Empress Elisabeth of Austria:)

Spartacus
07-07-2011, 05:40 AM
The 2010 Olympic GOLD Medalist Evan Lysacek feels great to be back to training!

How I've missed waking up to every muscle on my body aching. Feels great to be back to training! Thank you all for the outpouring of support
http://twitter.com/#!/EvanLysacek/status/88645384154525696

Coco
07-07-2011, 05:53 AM
Maybe he'll end up cleaning up on the ICE series?

Iceman
07-07-2011, 06:48 AM
IMO Evan became quite a different skater in the Olympic year. I was never a fan of his until then. It was as if a lot of things finally all came together at the same time. So, I most definitely want to see more competition from him. In any case, he seems to have a healthy attitude about what might lie ahead.

Jaana
07-07-2011, 10:52 AM
In any case, he seems to have a healthy attitude about what might lie ahead.

Yes, he seems to be a very realistic person and has a great attitude towards working.

Athena
07-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Evan caught my attention in 2006 Olympics, mostly because of his handsome face and very inspirational comeback after suffering such a severe illness.

I didn't became a fan of his skating though until 2009 World Championships, which IMO was one of his major breakthrough points. There's something very special about him and his skating that I've never seen from anybody else (and I do think he's one of the most underappreciated skaters on this board).

I was thrilled about his Olympic victory, then was completely blown away by his amazing SOI performance, which was much more impressive to watch live than on TV. He was a rock star on ice and skated like a true Olympic Champion.

As many people said, there's not much he could gain but there could be a lot to lose when he chose to return to competitive skating, I'm sure he's fully aware of that too. But he still decided to go for the tough route, because that's where his heart belongs to. When you do something because of pure passion and love but not just for fame or money, that's where the success will come along. Not to mention this is a guy who always gives it 120% whatever he's determined to do.

So I think he'll make a successful comeback, and I wish him all the best.