PDA

View Full Version : Lysacek Eyeing Return to Competitive Skating

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

attyfan
06-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Because I heard at the time that it was a multi-year contract (at least 4 years) and the person who told me would know - that could be in error but I doubt it. Given his history and work ethic, I doubt that anyone would think Evan would go the Sarah Hughes route. Sarah was an exception - SOI traditionally gives the new OGM a multi-year contract and except for Sarah's decline, I don't believe that it has ever worked out that badly for them. Just using Sarah as a model would be very near-sighted and they have deep experience with their champions (US and otherwise) and headliners. Beyond that, a new US OGM has the considerable leverage to negotiate a multi-year contract and that's security. For SOI to ask a newly minted OGM to 'try out' for a year is an insult that no producer would even think of throwing at talent they wanted and needed.

Thank you for answering my question.

Jenna
06-28-2011, 03:17 PM
I know I wrote that Olympic champions competing is something I like but he really adds nothing contributes nothing and is all about celebrating jump regression in mens skating

You're still bitter 1.5 years later, eh?

Jenna
06-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Publicity stunt.

I'd happily bet money on him not actually competing again.

I mean look at the protocols from the Men's competition at 2011 Worlds. The bar has been raised a lot and Evan never had a consistent quad.

He definitely could have been at least third at this past Worlds, quad or not. I mean, if he skated like he did in Vancouver, he would have defeated sloppy Gachinski on the program components alone.

Spartacus
06-28-2011, 03:52 PM
You're still bitter 1.5 years later, eh?
There are people still bitching about Oksana, so get used to it!

I'm sooooooo excited Evan is coming back! :rollin:

kwanette
06-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Why do you think that Evan would have a multi-year contrct? I would think that, after Sarah Hughes's one season, SOI would not presume on the "reigning OGM" status, but would give a one year contract to see how he worked out.

Sarah was 3 yrs out of her Oly win..She showed up out of shape and, IMHO, made a fool of herself. Like Evan or not, the guy never does anything less than 100%.

rfisher
06-28-2011, 03:59 PM
if it doesn't pan out, perhaps he's like to try pairs? I bet he could lift Caitlyn no problemo ;)

Good thought! Tall enough, except he'd need to build up his upper torso. Has all the triple jumps. A new beginning!

Civic
06-28-2011, 07:20 PM
What can I say, it seems that he really wants to compete so I wish him good luck. :)

So do I. My heart will always belong to Plushy but Evan was a worthy Olympic champion. I'd enjoy watching them compete against one another again.

senorita
06-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Im very happy if Evan is indeed coming back, WOW!!! And I think he has a very realistic attitude, he just very much has missed competing:

You d think so? when Evgeni chose to comeback for Vancouver cause he missed the andrenaline and competing as he had said, he was also 26+ years old but in this case I thought he was an old grandpa who would embarass himself by coming back as a reigning OC. Times do change..:P

Good luck on Evan, it certainly needs a great effort and concetration to come back to daily training and thats inspiring anyway!

peibeck
06-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Given all the injuries Plushy and Evan have had, I am torn between thinking they are amazing or just plain crazy for wanting to come back to competitive skating. :lol:

nubka
06-29-2011, 04:14 AM
Watch the world team be Lysacek/Mroz or something equally zzzzzzzz worthy.

ITA! :blah:

PeterG
06-29-2011, 04:56 AM
Sarah was 3 yrs out of her Oly win..She showed up out of shape and, IMHO, made a fool of herself.

I saw Sasha skate at nationals in Spokane and getting to see her perform twice was in itself worthy of my having bought an all-event ticket package. I felt very lucky to be in that arena. :)

RockTheTassel
06-29-2011, 05:25 AM
I saw Sasha skate at nationals in Spokane and getting to see her perform twice was in itself worthy of my having bought an all-event ticket package. I felt very lucky to be in that arena. :)

Kwanette was referring to Sarah Hughes. :) But I also enjoyed watching Sasha skate again at nationals. Espana Cani is one of my favorite programs of hers. I'm jealous that you saw it live in the arena!

Cheylana
06-29-2011, 05:44 AM
Watch the world team be Lysacek/Mroz or something equally zzzzzzzz worthy.
Not for nothing but those two managed to get the US three spots for the 2010 Olympics. Which is more than we can say for the oh-so-scintillating Bradley/Dornbush/Miner combo. :shuffle:

IceAlisa
06-29-2011, 05:56 AM
Publicity stunt.

I'd happily bet money on him not actually competing again.

I mean look at the protocols from the Men's competition at 2011 Worlds. The bar has been raised a lot and Evan never had a consistent quad.

^^^This.

Cyn
06-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Like Evan or not, he takes competing seriously, and I doubt he'd come back unless he feels he still has more to contribute to the sport. As for competing in the GP, it doesn't surprise me in the least that if Evan said he wants back in the game, they put him in one of the SA slots.

After his success on DWTS, his exposure and fame from that = filled seats at Skate America -- something that is desperately needed.

Now, whether or not he competes in the other GP is another story.