PDA

View Full Version : Lysacek Eyeing Return to Competitive Skating

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18

Jaana
07-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Very nice, thank you! Is there any specific music you want Evan to skate to?

After having seen some clips from DWTS I thought at once that tango is a good idea for him. I like Carmina Burana very much, would that suit Evan? I think so. For exhibition music maybe some latin rhytms or something like that? What about El Condor Pasa?

Spartacus
07-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Spartacus, I have no doubt Evan can handle epic and dramatic music very well, but I want him to skate to something more sophisticated and subtle this time, with more varieties, layers and aspects, not something dramatic and intensive all the way, like Tosca. :slinkaway
Hmmm, I like this idea too. Some Rachmaninoff perhaps? :)

Athena
07-28-2011, 03:48 PM
After having seen some clips from DWTS I thought at once that tango is a good idea for him. I like Carmina Burana very much, would that suit Evan? I think so. For exhibition music maybe some latin rhytms or something like that? What about El Condor Pasa?

I love Carmina Burana! Heroic/Grand/Epic, that's a perfect music for Evan. I haven't followed men's skating for too long, which male skater(s) used it before as competitive number?

El Condor Pasa is lovely, but I remember Evan said he was "sick" of Latin music at one point :lol:. So he scrapped the latin themed LP Lori choreographed for him in the Olympic season and replaced it with Scheherazade.

For exhibition number, I want him to skate to anything BUT some random cheesy pop songs. I adore his funny and very original "how to pick music" trilogy, wonder who choreographed that one for him? :P

Athena
07-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Hmmm, I like this idea too. Some Rachmaninoff perhaps? :)

Rach is great, but... haven't there been waaaay too many skaters used Rach already? Is there ANY NOT SO OVERUSED classical music that can be cut into an interesting, fabulous, smooth and complete 4'30" piece? :swoon: I really don't wanna see Evan skate to any warhorse music from Lori Nichol's recycle bin again. :lol:

manleywoman
07-28-2011, 04:33 PM
I really don't wanna see Evan skate to any warhorse music from Lori Nichol's recycle bin again. :lol:

Truer words were never spoken.

Yazmeen
07-29-2011, 01:45 AM
DITTO!!!!!:lol:

Athena
08-21-2011, 05:42 PM
In honor of Evan's great work ethic and the encouraging progresses he has made on his road to return, let's bump this thread with Evan's own words every step on the way. :respec:

1000 days until Sochi 2014. Who else is counting? http://t.co/OVcoxvR
3 Jun via Twitter for iPhone

How I've missed waking up to every muscle on my body aching. Feels great to be back to training! Thank you all for the outpouring of support
6 Jul via Twitter for iPhone

Great week of training, but I'm so tired, so sore, and in dire need of this restful weekend! TGIF
8 Jul via Twitter for iPhone

Great workout @SportsClub_LA. Perfect end to a long training day.
11 Jul via Twitter for iPhone

I'm so glad to be back at @SunValleyResort. I'm looking forward to the show tonight. Should be perfect weather for skating.
16 Jul via Twitter for iPhone

@Tara_Lipinski So good to see you. Such a small World! Heading to my top secret training location.
17 Jul via Twitter for iPhone

On my way back to @SunValleyResort. Looking forward to a SOLD OUT show tomorrow night.
22 Jul via Twitter for iPhone

Thank You for a short but great stay @SunValleyResort. On my way back to training.
24 Jul via Twitter for iPhone

RT @Graf: Check out Olympic Champion @EvanLysacek new skates! http://twitpic.com/5w9lev
26 Jul via Twitter for iPhone

Early workout this morning. I'm psyched to start another week of skating boot camp.
1 Aug via Twitter for iPhone

I enjoy the feeling when you accomplish something which is hard, Knowing that you pushed yourself to the limit. Some... http://t.co/fz29lXK
16 Aug via WhoSay

Life is short. If you don't like your path, find a new one. There is no greater feeling than being proud of your work at the end of the day.
17 Aug via WhoSay

My new locker room at the rink. http://t.co/M9EZaeJ
18 Aug via WhoSay

In the spirit of twitter, here's a sneak peak at my quad training today. http://t.co/39O4qrN
19 Aug via WhoSay

P.S. In every thread with Evan's name in the title, we can see the same old anti-Evan IDs jumping up and down, repeating the same old things over and over again. They never change, and never will. It's just getting really OLD and BORING. :yawn:

Let's leave Casey Edwards ect. alone in their little fantasy world. They can keep doing ctrl+C and ctrl+V, and all we need to do is ctrl+D. :lol:

I'm sure neither Evan nor his fans would lose any sleep on the trash talk. On the contrary, Evan has proved over and over that the more he was bashed, the better and stronger he would become. :kickass: From that point of view, they're actually Evan's lucky charms. :D

Yes, I feel pretty good about Evan and his return. :cheer2:

caseyedwards
08-21-2011, 07:36 PM
LOL. You talk about fantasy worlds? How about mentioning that the system he left is not the same one he is returning to all because he won the Olympics without a quad.

Kasey
08-21-2011, 09:02 PM
The system Lysacek left is not the one he is returning to; the system Plushenko left was not the one he returned to, nor will it be the one he returns to now. Who the f*ck cares? :rolleyes: Actual talented, hard working athletes work to make the adjustment.

And f*ck you, caseyedwards, for making me have to root for freaking Lysacek this year, you asshat, obsessed troll.

professordeb
08-22-2011, 12:33 AM
The system Lysacek left is not the one he is returning to; the system Plushenko left was not the one he returned to, nor will it be the one he returns to now. Who the f*ck cares? :rolleyes: Actual talented, hard working athletes work to make the adjustment.

And f*ck you, caseyedwards, for making me have to root for freaking Lysacek this year, you asshat, obsessed troll.

:lol:

It would seem that caseyedwards is :confused: about COP and will only :swoon: when King Plushenko does his quads. All of this makes me go :blah: :blah: :blah:

Iceman
08-22-2011, 01:09 AM
How do you play the video? Sure cop is not what cop was when Evan won his gold, BUT
Evan realizes that and is going forward, unlike a certain skater, whose name will not be given, who will fight cop till his dying day and, as a result, end up off the podium.

I will also be interested to see how being on DWTS affects his presentation and artistry. I even hope he will get someone from the show to choreograph one of his programs.

senorita
08-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Who the f*ck cares? :rolleyes: Actual talented, hard working athletes work to make the adjustment.

:rolleyes:
That is Lysacek I guess. Contrary to an athlete like Plushenko you mean who was not actual talented and sat on his ass all day just because he didnt fully adapt to CoP?

That sounds as obsessed as a Plu troll.

But if Lysacek gained one more rooting fan, all is well I guess.:)

Kasey
08-22-2011, 02:01 AM
:rolleyes:
That is Lysacek I guess. Contrary to an athlete like Plushenko you mean who was not actual talented and sat on his ass all day just because he didnt fully adapt to CoP?

That sounds as obsessed as a Plu troll.

But if Lysacek gained one more rooting fan, all is well I guess.:)

Um, excuse me princess, but I actually was implying BOTH Lysacek, Plushenko, and hell, any other skater who has gone through changes of the system in their career that they have worked hard to adapt to. So, "troll" me all you want, but I did not at all dis Plushenko in this thread or the other Lysacek one. Try reading comprehension for a change.

And I don't fully blame Plush for his crap-tastic Olympic programs not being COP-friendly either, although he is a grown man and should have full knowledge of the requirements of his sport; but his coach has been coaching all along, not taking time off in the interim between Olympics, and should have fully known what was required for the dots to connect in a real CoP-friendly program...hopefully HIS reading comprehension has improved by now as well.

Jenna
08-22-2011, 03:17 AM
LOL. You talk about fantasy worlds? How about mentioning that the system he left is not the same one he is returning to all because he won the Olympics without a quad.

Don't you realize that this is not normal? In fact, this obsession with Lysacek is quite abnormal, and frankly, downright weird.

You need psychological help. This is not a snark, nor is it a joke. It's a simple truth provided for your own personal benefit.

Jasmar
08-22-2011, 03:44 AM
Moving right along…

My ex-skating partner saw in in Sun Valley this summer and was highly impressed with his fluidity, speed,, and even showmanship. And said ex-partner is a National dance judge, FWIW.

I don't think Evan has fulfilled his potential in terms of skating (not talking about medals). I've never been exactly a fan, though not an anti-fan either. But if I can Todd Eldredge can grow from automaton into a compelling skater later in his career, I'm sure Evan can do great things if he wants it badly enough. And stays healthy.