PDA

View Full Version : Lysacek Eyeing Return to Competitive Skating

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

nubka
07-19-2011, 04:04 AM
:confused: According to Oxford dictionary: definition of "dress" includes: clothing of a specified kind for men or women.

I know the definition, but it still sounds funny... :lol:

Jaana
07-19-2011, 09:57 AM
:confused: You're saying that like it's something novel and unique. A lot of people's costumes are based on their music.

Yes, and a lot of skaters have costumes that have nothing to do with the music. Of course with some music one can have what ever costume that feels comfortable.

Iceman
07-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Evan could create quite a stir if he would skate Adam (maybe to Toshiro Mayuzumi's film theme "Creation of Adam") dressed in a flesh colored body stocking with fig leaf and vines
appropriately placed. There are so many interesting things skaters could be doing, but many continue to do the same old worn out war horses year after year. Even though I love much of that music, the repetitiveness got boring a long time ago.

Japanfan
07-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Evan could create quite a stir if he would skate Adam (maybe to Toshiro Mayuzumi's film theme "Creation of Adam") dressed in a flesh colored body stocking with fig leaf and vines
appropriately placed.

What the heck, why not skate to the soundtrack for The Ten Commandments? :eek::eek:

KCC
07-21-2011, 12:29 AM
I'd like him to skate to Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries". Big music, done, but not overdone.

MichelleTodd
07-21-2011, 04:38 AM
What the heck, why not skate to the soundtrack for The Ten Commandments? :eek::eek:

And throw stone tablets at the Tech Panel if there are any downgrades! :rofl:

I'd like him to skate to Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries". Big music, done, but not overdone.

Musically, that's really not a bad idea. Sartorially, don't know how a breastplate and horned helmet would work as a skating costume. :yikes:

Athena
07-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Very briefly, earlier in the day. He seemed a bit tired & preoccupied with his plans for the day, so I just said hi and asked about his training. Nice guy, talented and very, very handsome! The other people at our dinner table watched him practice and said they did not notice any effects of an injury. I hope it was just "normal" training aches & pains.

Once again, thank you for sharing your impression. :swoon: Met him briefly earlier this year, and I felt the same, very nice & talented guy, so down-to-earth, and super handsome!

Athena
07-22-2011, 06:38 PM

Ditto. I also want him to skate to something really epic/grand/heroic (but not overused) for free skate. Movie soundtracks by John Williams would also be great.

Iceman
07-22-2011, 07:55 PM
I wonder if Evan will get his DWTS choreographer to help with either of his programs

Athena
07-24-2011, 05:41 PM
I wonder if Evan will get his DWTS choreographer to help with either of his programs

Hope so. I really like his "Climb", the choreography is very fresh and beautiful, and he skates to it with so much fluidity, grace and passion.

My friend who's a professional dancer went to SOI with me, she was really impressed with Evan's elegant arm movement and posture, and he certainly can dance too. :swoon:

Athena
07-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Posted this in the other Evan's thread, but think it's worth being discussed more in GSD than the TC :lol:. It was the first interview he took since the GP assignments were announced.

Lysacek Brings Blade of Gold

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005137696

As many people suspected, he may convert Tango into a competitive number. Is there a version of Roxanne without the vocal part?

The second program he will skate will be a tango that he's thinking of converting into a short program for competition.

Jaana
07-25-2011, 06:05 PM
As many people suspected, he may convert Tango into a competitive number. Is there a version of Roxanne without the vocal part?

I googled and found this link:

http://www.filmtracks.com/comments/titles/moulin_rouge/index.cgi?read=299

A tango is great music for him!

Japanfan
07-26-2011, 06:26 AM
My friend who's a professional dancer went to SOI with me, she was really impressed with Evan's elegant arm movement and posture, and he certainly can dance too. :swoon:

Each to herhis own, I suppose. 'Elegant' is not I word I associate with Evan. Clean, sure and aggressive, yes, but never elegant. In fact, I find his arm movement's particularly inelegant.

Spartacus
07-26-2011, 03:59 PM
I just hope Evan skates to something dramatic for his long. Carmen is my favorite of his, but I want more drama this time.

Athena
07-26-2011, 06:05 PM
I googled and found this link:

http://www.filmtracks.com/comments/titles/moulin_rouge/index.cgi?read=299

A tango is great music for him!

Very nice, thank you! Is there any specific music you want Evan to skate to?

Japanfan, never say never, people are constantly changing with time, some regressed, some improved. Once a technician doesn't mean he'll never get artistry. Try to look through fresh eyes, you may find a difference. ;)

All of the DWTS judges praised highly of Evan's elegance and fluidity on dance floor, his beautiful arm movements and impeccable lines and posture, it's not just my friend. I do think DWTS has made a significant and very positive influence on his artistry and music interpretation on ice. That's the reason I'm eager to see his comeback to competitive skating, regardless of the results. :swoon:

Spartacus, I have no doubt Evan can handle epic and dramatic music very well, but I want him to skate to something more sophisticated and subtle this time, with more varieties, layers and aspects, not something dramatic and intensive all the way, like Tosca. :slinkaway