PDA

View Full Version : Lysacek Eyeing Return to Competitive Skating

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18

sk9tingfan
07-18-2011, 03:53 PM
http://dailyhouse.com/2011/07/18/hes-baaack-exclusive-olympian-emily-hughes-on-evan-lysaceks-comeback/

By the way, I thought that Emily has graduated. I wonder if she is still working on her senior thesis, a requirement at Harvard.

Athena
07-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Yes, the cast had a hard time keeping it all together -- they seemed shocked and quite amused! I'm glad there were no security personnel trying to run across the ice to catch the streaker (didn't something like that happen at the beginning of a Kwan performance?). It is surprising that the streaker himself did not fall on the ice while he was scurrying across it -- if he fell and security chased him, it could have been quite a pileup with everyone and the skaters. In the end, it was just a 15 second giggle on the end of a wonderful show.

WOW, sounds like the streaker has good potential to become a skater! :lol: Thanks again KCC!

Did you get the chance to meet and talk to Evan before or after the show? (Assume you did since you knew his injury). If so, lucky you! :swoon:

Athena
07-18-2011, 05:08 PM
http://dailyhouse.com/2011/07/18/hes-baaack-exclusive-olympian-emily-hughes-on-evan-lysaceks-comeback/

By the way, I thought that Emily has graduated. I wonder if she is still working on her senior thesis, a requirement at Harvard.

I'm pretty sure she has graduated in June. The information on this website is a little out of date.

Athena
07-18-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm sure Vera could sketch and have her team sew up something flawless really quickly for him. I just hope it's not just a black onesie with some diamond encrusted worms on it again. :D

She designed 5 or 6 costumes for Evan in 2 moths in Olympic season, she'll have plenty of time to make something special and flawless for him again. ;)

I don't care what others say, I lurrrve the firebird dress, it's super sleek, elegant and highlighted Evan's gorgeous slender bodyline very well. I'm OK with the 'diamond encrusted worms', they're good luck charms for Evan, so no complain here. :D

I bet the new customes will be all black again, that's Evan & Vera's trademark color! :kickass: And you have to admit that it's already a trend for men on ice in the past 2 years. :rollin:

Jaana
07-18-2011, 05:47 PM
I don't care what others say, I lurrrve the firebird dress, it's super sleek, elegant and highlighted Evan's gorgeous slender bodyline very well. I'm OK with the 'diamond encrusted worms', they're good luck charms for Evan, so no complain here. :D

I liked Evanīs both Olympic costumes, besides they were created based on his music, and that I always appreciate very much. Excellent work!

I really hope that Evanīs injury is quickly over...

KCC
07-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Did you get the chance to meet and talk to Evan before or after the show? (Assume you did since you knew his injury). If so, lucky you! :swoon:

Very briefly, earlier in the day. He seemed a bit tired & preoccupied with his plans for the day, so I just said hi and asked about his training. Nice guy, talented and very, very handsome! The other people at our dinner table watched him practice and said they did not notice any effects of an injury. I hope it was just "normal" training aches & pains.

nubka
07-18-2011, 09:01 PM
I don't care what others say, I lurrrve the firebird dress, it's super sleek, elegant and highlighted Evan's gorgeous slender bodyline very well. I'm OK with the 'diamond encrusted worms', they're good luck charms for Evan, so no complain here. :D :

Dress? I guess I must have missed something, somewhere along the way... :D

Athena
07-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Dress? I guess I must have missed something, somewhere alnog the way... :D

:confused: According to Oxford dictionary: definition of "dress" includes: clothing of a specified kind for men or women.

Athena
07-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Very briefly, earlier in the day. He seemed a bit tired & preoccupied with his plans for the day, so I just said hi and asked about his training. Nice guy, talented and very, very handsome! The other people at our dinner table watched him practice and said they did not notice any effects of an injury. I hope it was just "normal" training aches & pains.

Thanks again KCC! I'm so happy for you. I didn't notice any effects either when he was skating with stress fracture/stomach flu or dancing with broken toes/concussion. ;) So with Evan, you never know. He's an excellent secret keeper. :D

orbitz
07-19-2011, 12:42 AM
I liked Evanīs both Olympic costumes, besides they were created based on his music, and that I always appreciate very much. Excellent work!

I liked the snake outfit when viewed from a distance. Up close the snakes were big and clunky looking, but I'm sure they had to be designed that way in order for the people sitting in the nose bleed to see. But what did those snakes have to do with the Schez music?

Spartacus
07-19-2011, 12:47 AM
I hated his olympic costmes.:yikes: I vote for naked too.:D
Nah...they wouldn't allow nudity...perhaps Vera could design one of those novelty elephant thongs... I get the feeling he'd fill it out nicely... I just get the feeling he would...yeah...hmm....:D.....:swoon:

She designed 5 or 6 costumes for Evan in 2 moths in Olympic season, she'll have plenty of time to make something special and flawless for him again. ;)

I bet the new customes will be all black again, that's Evan & Vera's trademark color! :kickass: And you have to admit that it's already a trend for men on ice in the past 2 years. :rollin:
Oh yes...the body line is gorgeous...:D

olifaunt
07-19-2011, 12:47 AM

:confused: You're saying that like it's something novel and unique. A lot of people's costumes are based on their music.

Athena
07-19-2011, 12:54 AM
Check out this video:

What's up with Lysacek's snakes? :lol:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/web-only-what-s-up-with-lysacek-s-snakes/6db5ywm

Can't wait to see what music he's going to skate to this year and what kind of creative design we'll see from Vera! :D

Oh, I remember he mentioned somewhere that he wants to skate to Spartacus!!! :lol:

Spartacus
07-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Check out this video:

What's up with Lysacek's snakes? :lol:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/web-only-what-s-up-with-lysacek-s-snakes/6db5ywm

Can't wait to see what music he's going to skate to this year and what kind of creative design we'll see from Vera! :D
Oh they're snaaakes....ohhh...see that makes so much more sense...

Spartacus
07-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Oh, I remember he mentioned somewhere that he wants to skate to Spartacus!!! :lol:
Of course he does! Yes I can see it now! Yes Evan...you can skate to me anytime!