07-12-2011, 08:29 PM
^ :rofl:

kwanatic
07-12-2011, 08:48 PM
it turned out Plushy mullet was a horcruxe....:slinkaway

Dying laughing at HP humor!! :lol::rofl::lol::rofl:

VarBar
07-12-2011, 09:20 PM
I dont even like Chan for whats its worth, in fact I dislike him more than Lysacek.

It seems you and I are totally apart from each other because when I think that a skater does everything better than another skater, I prefer the one who does better though and it never crossed my mind that I wouldn't make sense.

Athena
07-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Dear Ms Judgejudy,

Please kindly ask your crystalball how many times must Mr Patrick Unbeatable Chan fall to lose to Mr Evan Clean Lysacek. Thank you!

Athena
07-12-2011, 09:32 PM
it turned out Plushy mullet was a horcruxe....:slinkaway

:rofl: Do you know where are the other six horcruxes of Lord Plushy? :lol:

It's funny that I always think the young Evan bears a resemblance to HP, and he also has a magic lightning bolt 'scar'. ;)

judgejudy27
07-13-2011, 04:37 AM
I agree that Patrick is very, very, very good, yet still there be a slew of skaters competing against him, I don't see why Evan should not be in that category. If everyone was afraid to compete against Patrick we would not have anyone showing up to skate the competition. Just saying....

Most of those skaters have never been World or Olympic Champions. Joubert and Takahashi are both 1 time World Champions, but I would be surprised to see either of them continue much longer considering they arent even #1 in their own countries anymore and are both showing the signs of regressing with age.

In any case I cant imagine Plushenko and Lysacek are coming back for any other reason but winning, regardless what they say. It it totally different from them than nearly all the other current top skaters, both have World and Olympic titles in the past. The idea either of them could hope to win anything at this point barring Chan breaking a leg though.......

Japanfan
07-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Most of those skaters have never been World or Olympic Champions. Joubert and Takahashi are both 1 time World Champions, but I would be surprised to see either of them continue much longer considering they arent even #1 in their own countries anymore and are both showing the signs of regressing with age.

Hasn't Takahashi committed through to Sochi?

As to Joubert, he's proven himself to be very tenacious and determined to keep going the past few years, despite many disappointments. Perhaps he loves to compete or maybe he doesn't know what else to do with himself. But something other than the prospect of winning is driving him.

In any case I cant imagine Plushenko and Lysacek are coming back for any other reason but winning, regardless what they say. It it totally different from them than nearly all the other current top skaters, both have World and Olympic titles in the past. The idea either of them could hope to win anything at this point barring Chan breaking a leg though.......

Chan does have his off days and could get sidelines with injury. But, I do agree with you. And it's not only Chan who is a threat. Lysacek is particularly disadvantaged in the current because he has no quad.

However, I remain unconvinced that either of these men will actually return to competition. It's easier said than done and Lysacek at least has acknowledged that his plan is not written in stone.

Zemgirl
07-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Hasn't Takahashi committed through to Sochi?

Yes, I think he has - assuming no injuries or anything catastrophic.

As to Joubert, he's proven himself to be very tenacious and determined to keep going the past few years, despite many disappointments. Perhaps he loves to compete or maybe he doesn't know what else to do with himself. But something other than the prospect of winning is driving him.
Joubert is technically not committed through Sochi; he'll decide based on next season. Apparently he likes competing and there are still things he wants to achieve in skating. I'm not sure who's the French number one right now, to be honest; Amodio had a breakthrough season but Joubert was injured for much of it, and their results in major events were very close. I think a lot will depend on whether Amodio can add a consistent quad and how well Joubert recovers from his knee injury.

Chan does have his off days and could get sidelines with injury. But, I do agree with you. And it's not only Chan who is a threat. Lysacek is particularly disadvantaged in the current because he has no quad.
Chan has everything needed to dominate, but assuming he really returns, Lysacek does have his consistency going for him - exactly what worked in his favor when others faltered at 2009 Worlds and at the Olympics. I do agree that the lack of a quad will be a difficult obstacle to overcome, though. But Chan was certainly not a dominant force in his two GPs last year, and while it did take quite a few mistakes for him to lose to a quadless Tomas Verner, something like that may well happen again. And defending a world title isn't a walk in the park - as every men's skater since Lambiel and every lady to have won it since MK can attest.

Japanfan
07-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Chan has everything needed to dominate, but assuming he really returns, Lysacek does have his consistency going for him - exactly what worked in his favor when others faltered at 2009 Worlds and at the Olympics.

But there is no guarantee that Lysacek will be able to return to the same form he had during two seasons and be as consistent.

Sparks
07-13-2011, 08:40 PM
There is also no guarantee that Evan won't return WITH a quad...
Just sayin'.

morqet
07-13-2011, 09:00 PM
When was the last time Evan landed a quad in competition? was it 4CC in 2009?

Cheylana
07-13-2011, 09:34 PM
When was the last time Evan landed a quad in competition? was it 4CC in 2009?
Yep.

barbk
07-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Yes, I think he has - assuming no injuries or anything catastrophic.

Joubert is technically not committed through Sochi; he'll decide based on next season. Apparently he likes competing and there are still things he wants to achieve in skating. I'm not sure who's the French number one right now, to be honest; Amodio had a breakthrough season but Joubert was injured for much of it, and their results in major events were very close. I think a lot will depend on whether Amodio can add a consistent quad and how well Joubert recovers from his knee injury.

Chan has everything needed to dominate, but assuming he really returns, Lysacek does have his consistency going for him - exactly what worked in his favor when others faltered at 2009 Worlds and at the Olympics. I do agree that the lack of a quad will be a difficult obstacle to overcome, though. But Chan was certainly not a dominant force in his two GPs last year, and while it did take quite a few mistakes for him to lose to a quadless Tomas Verner, something like that may well happen again. And defending a world title isn't a walk in the park - as every men's skater since Lambiel and every lady to have won it since MK can attest.

And Kurt had everything going for him...and see how well that worked at the Olympics :(

Iceman
07-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Evan is skipping the quad and coming back with a quintuple!!!!!!!! LMAO