PDA

View Full Version : Brady Bunch Mom "Got Crabs" from NYC Mayor

Pages : [1] 2

overedge
06-27-2011, 05:57 PM
And not the seafood variety either...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/brady-bunch-mom-got-crabs-affair-ny-mayor-171637038.html

genevieve
06-27-2011, 05:59 PM
sounds like a classy memoir

BigB08822
06-27-2011, 06:03 PM
I know this story is half hers but I always thought it was so tacky to release such stories AFTER a person has died. :rolleyes:

CynicElle
06-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Holy overshare, Batman! :scream:

Jenny
06-27-2011, 06:04 PM
sounds like a classy memoir

My thoughts exactly. This one incident a million years ago is worth dragging a dead person's name through the mud, with the additional bitchy detail that she found him unattractive?

And what's with this: "Guess I learned the hard way that crabs do not discriminate but cross over all socioeconomic strata," Henderson writes. "He must have had quite the active life."

Wyliefan
06-27-2011, 06:08 PM
"Gave in to her better judgment"? Not the best wording there, Mr. Goodman . . . :shuffle:

genevieve
06-27-2011, 06:12 PM
My thoughts exactly. This one incident a million years ago is worth dragging a dead person's name through the mud, with the additional bitchy detail that she found him unattractive?

And what's with this: "Guess I learned the hard way that crabs do not discriminate but cross over all socioeconomic strata," Henderson writes. "He must have had quite the active life."

Not to mention that she got them after only one time, right? So why assume he had "quite the active life"?

Tacky x infinity.

Rex
06-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Here's the story, of a lovely lady...
Who was wond'rin why she suddenly had to scratch
Her kind old doctor told her she got cooties
And they were about to hatch....:slinkaway

God forgive me, but when I read this yesterday, I got the giggles....
Mainly 'cause I thought Alice would get them before her :slinkaway

Wow, she must really want the attention and can't mind what people will say about it.

Grannyfan
06-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Nothing in a celebrity memoir surprises me any more. But I found the comment about his being unattractive strange. I remember him as being known for his looks. Am I thinking of the wrong mayor? Slim? Blondish?

Rex
06-27-2011, 06:37 PM
I hope she can deal with the fallout from this.
Maybe she feels that it is shocking because of how people view her, as a chaste, ideal TV mom? AFAIC, that just went out of the window with this revelation. Of course, if it were Cher or someone like that, would we be any more surprised.

mmscfdcsu
06-27-2011, 06:42 PM
I hope she can deal with the fallout from this.
Maybe she feels that it is shocking because of how people view her, as a chaste, ideal TV mom? AFAIC, that just went out of the window with this revelation. Of course, if it were Cher or someone like that, would we be any more surprised.

What fallout? More publicity to enliven a dead career? I'm sure she knew what to expect.

Rex
06-27-2011, 06:46 PM
What fallout? More publicity to enliven a dead career? I'm sure she knew what to expect.

Well, you have a good point. She and her Brady "children" have been pretty aggressive about staying in the limelight, regardless of how it makes them look. Didn't Susan Olsen once show up to a radio station interview still drunk from the night before? And the car-wreck reality shows, all cashing in on their fame as Bradys...

I think I'd rather see her pose half-naked than to tell folks she got crabs, though.

BigB08822
06-27-2011, 06:48 PM
I think I'd rather see her pose half-naked than to tell folks she got crabs, though.

Speak for yourself (well, you did, but still)! Where is the vomit emoticon when we need it? lol

mmscfdcsu
06-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Well, you have a good point. She and her Brady "children" have been pretty aggressive about staying in the limelight, regardless of how it makes them look. Didn't Susan Olsen once show up to a radio station interview still drunk from the night before? And the car-wreck reality shows, all cashing in on their fame as Bradys...

She may be trying for some Betty White fame. You know that elderly potty mouth/dirty old lady is in this season. Of course I'm still recovering from sitting through Florence Henderson singing country and western as an opening act for George Burns a couple of decades ago. :eek:

Rex
06-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Speak for yourself (well, you did, but still)! Where is the vomit emoticon when we need it? lol Now, now, after all, it wouldn't for you or I, would it? ;).

IIRC, Shirley Jones was allegedly mulling a PLAYBOY layout. Don't know what happened with that. The oldest woman to pose was Farrah or Vicki LaMotta, I think.

She may be trying for some Betty White fame. You know that elderly potty mouth/dirty old lady is in this season. Of course I'm still recovering from sitting through Florence Henderson singing country and western as an opening act for George Burns a couple of decades ago. :eek:

Betty drops the "F" bomb from time to time, I've heard, but I sure don't see her revealing some stuff like this...

I hate the way she sings. She overenunciates every syllable. I watched her sing on Merv Griffin's show when I was a kid. She was awful. You can tell she's had training, but for her, it was all about the "O".