PDA

View Full Version : Russian National Team 2011/2012

Pages : 1 [2]

Moka-Ananas
06-28-2011, 12:43 AM
And why isn't Vladislav Sezganov on the Team? He did quite well internationally lately and he also did much better than...let's say...Miliiukov.

Ziggy
06-28-2011, 01:20 AM
And why isn't Vladislav Sezganov on the Team? He did quite well internationally lately and he also did much better than...let's say...Miliiukov.

And there's this (Sezganov landing 4lutz/3toe):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R49bSX1P0Oc

:)

Moka-Ananas
06-28-2011, 01:28 AM
And there's this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R49bSX1P0Oc

:)

Yes! And he used to have a voidy Batman costume a few years ago!

SwingDancer
06-28-2011, 03:02 AM
So are Kokhlova/Andreev still a dance team? I thought that someone wrote on another thread that Fedor was going back to pairs skating or trying-out with one of the newly-single American dance ladies in Camp Igor-Marina.

Latest interview with Marina, said that they are already working on programs for this coming season.

Autumn_girl
06-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Lipnitskaya just turned 14 2 weeks ago. Not sure why she is on the senior national team although she is wonderful, no doubt about that.

She just turned 13 actually, not 14.
And as oleada said, she is 4th place finisher of senior Nationals, that's why she is on the list. She isn't eligible for seniors internationally yet, but being on that list is important because it means she will recieve the same money for preparation as senior ladies.

Sezganov only had some senior B event and didn't do very well at Nationals or Russian cup, so I guess that's the reason why he is not on the list. Maybe if he will compete at Nebelhorn or Finlandia trophy and get good results there he has a chance to be added

Civic
06-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Is Yuri Larionov any relation to hockey great, Igor Larionov?

It was posted earlier this week:

Senior National Team...

[B]Pairs
Vera Bazarova/Yuri Larionov
Tatiana Volosozhar/Maxim Trankov
Katerina Gerboldt/Alexander Enbert
Lubov Iliuschechkina/Nodari Maisuradze
Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov
Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov

Source:
http://www.fskate.ru/teams/russia/2011/

Eislauffan
06-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Is Yuri Larionov any relation to hockey great, Igor Larionov?

I don't think so. When I interviewed them I asked about any other athletes in their families and he didn't mention the hockey player. I guess he would have if he was a relative.

oleada
06-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Just noticed on that list that junior lady Daria Afanasieva's coach is listed as Ilya Klimkin :inavoid:

Frau Muller
06-29-2011, 04:20 PM
re. Lipnitskaya - Oh, so being on the "senior" team is more about the funding and preparation, rather than the events to which the skater will be sent in the coming season...because Lipnitskaya is nowhere close to the age of going to Sr G-P events. As someone else corrected me, she just turned 13, not 14.

hanca
06-29-2011, 04:32 PM
re. Lipnitskaya - Oh, so being on the "senior" team is more about the funding and preparation, rather than the events to which the skater will be sent in the coming season...because Lipnitskaya is nowhere close to the age of going to Sr G-P events. As someone else corrected me, she just turned 13, not 14.

Well, she can compete in seniors in Russian Cup (not the GP, the Russian set of competitions). She can also compete in seniors in any international B competitions. The only competitions she can't compete in seniors would be the most important ones, unfortunately (Grand Prix, Europeans and Worlds).

Is she old enough to compete in Juniors the next year? Could we see her at JGP and Junior worlds? I think the skater needs the be 13, but I am not sure by when she needed to be 13 to be competing this coming year.

hanca
06-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Where is Gosviani? Not on the list?

oleada
06-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Well, she can compete in seniors in Russian Cup (not the GP, the Russian set of competitions). She can also compete in seniors in any international B competitions. The only competitions she can't compete in seniors would be the most important ones, unfortunately (Grand Prix, Europeans and Worlds).

Is she old enough to compete in Juniors the next year? Could we see her at JGP and Junior worlds? I think the skater needs the be 13, but I am not sure by when she needed to be 13 to be competing this coming year.

I don't believe Lipnitskaya is old enough for any senior Bs, but she is old enough for the JGP and Junior Worlds. I don't doubt she'll be at 2 events.

pinky166
06-30-2011, 02:57 AM
Any idea why Shelepen is on the reserve team and Agafonova is on the Junior Team? Shelepen was the better Polina (results-wise) last season!

Agafonova won the Winter Youth Olympics, and Shelepen did not medal at any of her major events last season (JGPF, senior nationals, JW), so it's not really that surprising.

Fashionista
06-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Where is Gosviani? Not on the list?

She didn't show anything last season to be on the list.