PDA

View Full Version : Miki Ando seems not to participate in the GP series in next season

Pages : [1] 2

Akira Andrea
06-26-2011, 12:23 PM
This is an article in "Yomiuri Shinbun" in Japan.
Translated from Japanese.
Miki Ando seems not to participate in the GP series in next season.
June 26th, 2011 JST

In June 26th, it was found that Miki Ando (23, Toyota Motor) who won the championship in the Worlds at Moscow in this April does not participate in the Grand Prix Series in next season.

As for the GP series in next season, the player competes at various places in six countries, such as Japan, US, France, from the end of October to the end of November.

Ando who won the Worlds Champion after interval of 4 years in last season seems to allocate to the refresh term for her mind and body, aiming at the 2014 Sochi Olympics. Yu-Na Kim who won 2nd place in the Worlds in April seems to intend not to participate, too.

The article:
Miki Ando seems not to participate in the GP series in next season.
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20110626-OYT1T00464.htm

Eislauffan
06-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Correct, Miki Ando will skip the Grand Prix, her coach Nikolai Morozov said so already a few weeks ago.

Jenna
06-26-2011, 02:55 PM
With Ando and Kim out, it really opens things up for the other Japanese, the Americans and the Russians.

Akira Andrea
06-26-2011, 03:19 PM
This is an article in “Osaka Hochi Shinbun” in Japan.
Translated from Japanese.
Miki may not participate in GP series in next season.
There is possibility also for her to have perfect rest through the season, aiming at participating to Sochi Olympics.
June 26th, 2011 JST

The photo:
Miki Ando who was awarded "The Award of the Skater of the Year" from JSF holds the shield of the award.
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/zoomImage/20110626-OHO9I00114.htm

In June 25th, it was found that Miki Ando (23, Toyota Motor) who won her second championship after interval of 4 years, in the Worlds of this April has a mind not to participate in the Grand Prix series in 2011-2012 season.
According to the new judging system of ISU, the high-ranking six players in the Worlds in last season got to be able to participate in a maximum of 3 events in the GP series in next season.
As for the all participants to the all 6 events of GP series and the assignment to the events, it will be announced from ISU in a few days, but Ando seems to be coordinating in the direction which doesn't participate to the GP series.
As for the season of 2012-2013, the acquisition of the participation frame to the Sochi Olympics in 2014 for the country depends on the result of the Worlds of that season, but, as for next season, there is even possibility for her to have perfect rest through the season because it is a good opportunity to recharge her batteries.
Yu-Na Kim who won the Vancouver Olympics Champion is showing her intention not to participate in the GP series, too.
In June 25th, Ando participated in the awarding ceremony to the excellent player by JSF in the Tokyo Metropolitan area.
As for next season, she said, "I am consulting with the coach and the person who is supporting me as for that now", but she indicated her will, saying, "I would like to grow up day by day aiming at Sochi Olympics as the big goal.
She is advancing slowly aiming at her 3rd Olympics which continues after Turin and Vancouver.

The article:
Miki may not participate in GP series in next season.
There is possibility also for her to have perfect rest through the season, aiming at participating to Sochi Olympics.
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/osaka/sports/article/news/20110626-OHO1T00087.htm

seaner00
07-07-2011, 05:34 AM
ugh, I'm tired of the defending Olympic or in this case World champions opting not to compete in the Grand Prix Season.
I wish we could get all of the "active" great skaters competing in the GP circuit.

Amy03
07-07-2011, 09:19 AM
ugh, I'm tired of the defending Olympic or in this case World champions opting not to compete in the Grand Prix Season.
I wish we could get all of the "active" great skaters competing in the GP circuit.

i agree

morqet
07-07-2011, 09:35 AM

Miki had a bad back injury last season, I would imagine that taking time off to properly rest it is the best course for her if she want to be able to extend her career to Sochi.

Amy03
07-07-2011, 12:50 PM
well it's not really miki we or I atleast were thinking about, i am talking about yuna kim who skipped both this year and last year and likely will do he same next year, and that's what we think is wrong since active skater are not suppost to only appear at worlds. I mean skipping one competition is understandable since everyone has there circumstances but skipping national, GP circuit and 4cc is just not acceptable it shouldn't be allowed for "active skaters".

Lookingood
07-07-2011, 01:39 PM
poor Yuna, give her some break.. gee

Akira Andrea
07-08-2011, 11:37 AM
As for the GP series, all active players are not always be able to participate to it arbitrarily.
In the view point that the participation to it is decided by the place of the nearest Worlds or the order of the World Standing, it may be rather a right than a duty for the players.

Because I expect to a leading player not the performance which was forced by the duty but the performance which she would like to show sincerely in her free will, I think that she had better rest if a leading player is thinking that she can get something to be useful by being absent from the GP series of that season.

All active players are not always be able to absent from the Grand Prix series without losing the right as the seeded player for the next season.
For most players, it will become their disadvantage in the World Standing etc not to participate to the Grand Prix series.

To be able to absent from the Grand Prix series without worrying about losing the right as the seeded player for the next season may be a kind of privilege which is permitted to only the handful leading player.

It is not always wrong for a leading player to have an absence of the GP series.

The absence of a leading player may give an unexpected leaping opportunity to the player who is in the border between seeded player and unseeded player.

We also may be able to look forward to her new performance which cast off the former image, as for a leading player who has been absent from GP series.

SkateUniverse
08-01-2011, 02:36 AM
It's possible she maybe pregnant?

SVFints
08-01-2011, 08:55 AM
For some reason, last year when Kim did not participate in the Grand Prix season, no one suspected that she was pregnant:rollin:
Miki was worth to take a vacation, after she had five consecutive Det rolled into a tight rhythm immediately rise to such suspicions:lol:
Miki looked fine at a recent photo shoot:respec:
http://s003.radikal.ru/i201/1108/a3/5d62e3fbe8b0.jpg
http://s57.radikal.ru/i157/1108/d9/b0832fb786c1.jpg

Wyliefan
08-01-2011, 12:29 PM
It's possible she maybe pregnant?

And with that, the off-season has officially lasted too long.

Iceman
08-01-2011, 01:37 PM
The portrait of her is lovely, but posing on the bed in that formal dress with handbag is an odd choice for a photographer to make.

SVFints
08-01-2011, 06:15 PM
The portrait of her is lovely, but posing on the bed in that formal dress with handbag is an odd choice for a photographer to make.

obviously, this is done for advertising purposes, promotion of a shop interior:)
http://img.66.ru/image/f24dd036a3010f737556a6e5f7672e37/47dd6289/1/19/89/1198912_normal_700.jpg
http://numero.fusosha.co.jp/peeping/49/images/l_06.jpg