PDA

View Full Version : NYC get-together (pre-ballet)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Marge_Simpson
06-26-2011, 08:14 AM
My favorite ballet dancer, Jose Manuel Carreno (aka the sex god) will be dancing his farewell performance this Thursday. As he is Cuban, I am compelled to eat Cuban food beforehand. If anyone would like to join me, please do! I will be eating (and drinking mojitos) somewhat early due to the 7:30 curtain.
Also, if anyone is attending ABT on Saturday evening, or if you would just like to have dinner, we could do a meet-up dinner then.
:):):)

emason
06-26-2011, 12:14 PM
My favorite ballet dancer, Jose Manuel Carreno (aka the sex god) will be dancing his farewell performance this Thursday. As he is Cuban, I am compelled to eat Cuban food beforehand. If anyone would like to join me, please do! I will be eating (and drinking mojitos) somewhat early due to the 7:30 curtain.
Also, if anyone is attending ABT on Saturday evening, or if you would just like to have dinner, we could do a meet-up dinner then.
:):):)

Alas, I am not going to Jose's farewell, but I am going on Saturday evening. Perhaps a meet-up then.

BigB08822
06-26-2011, 05:12 PM
I wish I lived somewhere that I could meet up with other fabulous FSUers! Have fun!!!

LadyNit
06-26-2011, 06:10 PM
After watching Born to be Wild: The Leading Men of American Ballet Theatre last week, I can appreciate the huge loss that Marge is dealing with. JMC is magnificent.

I wish I could join you all to send him off in style.

(((Marge)))

Marge_Simpson
06-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Eys! I am dealing with a terrible loss and deserve sympathy. And mojitos. :lol:

beepbeep
06-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Enjoy!! :)
(and please, report)

What a fab excuse for mojitos :lol:
(not that one is necessary...)

Marge_Simpson
06-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Enjoy? I am in 15 times depressions. Jose was my single horse in the barn, and now I am tempted to drink 40 beer. In fact, I may end up in the psychic hospital. At least I did not find a single earring in the bed...:)

beepbeep
06-26-2011, 10:33 PM
I didn't mean to make little of your pain... :)

Enjoy the performance, as I'm sure he'll kick ass.
And, if anything, those mojitos will help you get through the night.

GarrAarghHrumph
06-27-2011, 01:16 AM
I wish I could eat Cuban food with you, but alas, this is my last week of class, and I think I'm taking the final on Thursday early evening. Sucks, because I'd much rather be mojito-ing.

Marge_Simpson
06-27-2011, 03:38 AM
We can set up another date for mojito-ing. (have we invented a new verb?)
Would anyone be interested in another get-together later on? :)

Jose's farewell was sold out, but when I checked ABT's website earlier, there were some seats available in the orchestra and dress circle.

GarrAarghHrumph
06-27-2011, 02:20 PM
I'd be interested.

kedrin
06-27-2011, 10:50 PM
so would I, as a new New Yorker.

Garden Kitty
06-28-2011, 12:09 AM
I can't make it into the city during the week, but I'd definitely be interested in another get together .

BelleBway
06-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Likewise, I can't be in nyc during the week but am always interested in FSU get togethers if the timing is right!

Marge_Simpson
06-29-2011, 07:03 AM
Why don't we try to plan something for a Friday or Saturday evening in July or August? We can figure out a day that works for everyone.
Last year I had suggested a picnic in the park, but it didn't meet with much entusiasm. Is anyone enthused this year? :)