PDA

View Full Version : Sending Flowers

brina
06-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Has anyone had good experiences sending flowers through the internet? Any recommendations?

PrincessLeppard
06-25-2011, 08:11 PM
I would find the number of a local florist in the area in which you want to send the flowers and just give them a call. The price will be lower and you'll probably get better service. I did this even when I lived overseas.

skatesindreams
06-25-2011, 08:17 PM
I've used 1-800flowers.com successfully.
Look for coupons online before you order.

After you order you'll get other coupons via e-mail.

Aceon6
06-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Agree on finding a local place. The florist will know what they have in the cooler, what's scheduled to come in at the flower market tomorrow, and can advise you on the best flowers for the money you want to spend. Also, if you order direct, the florist does not need to share the sale with the website. This will get you a better price, better flowers, or both.

milanessa
06-25-2011, 08:18 PM
What PL said. I google florists in the city/place I want to send the flowers to and then check out their websites. The best are those that have their own designers and they often are happy to do something tailored to what you want instead of picking out an Interflora design. I usually chit-chat with them about the occasion and find I get great service.

PDilemma
06-25-2011, 08:21 PM
I would find the number of a local florist in the area in which you want to send the flowers and just give them a call. The price will be lower and you'll probably get better service. I did this even when I lived overseas.

My family has always done this when my grandmother in another state was alive and we sent her arrangements sometimes, as well as for faraway family funerals, etc...

It is always much cheaper. And with the internet it is even easier than it used to be.

Lacey
06-25-2011, 08:27 PM
My husband has used 1-800-flowers, several times the flowers have been old and saggy. I finally have convinced him that I do not like roses, their tulips are better.

KatieC
06-26-2011, 12:01 AM
My aunt told me a similar trick years ago - before internet. You called 411 in the city you wanted and asked for "that city florist shop". Then you called the florist shop, asked what they had available, and gave your credit card number. I always heard back from the recipient with loud praises. Haven't done it in a fair while, guess no reasons lately to send flowers. :(

millyskate
06-26-2011, 12:04 AM
I've had several good experiences with interflora, both receiving and sending...

Parsley Sage
06-26-2011, 02:47 AM
Maybe someone here knows a good florist in the area you need.

brina
06-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Theatregirl1122
06-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Do not use 1-800-flowers. It is a waste of money. All they do is send your order to a local florist and take money off of the top. So basically, by using 1-800-flowers, you are spending money just to call them instead of a local florist. My mother was a florist for a while and she served 1-800-flowers. They never charged enough for their arrangements for us to be able to give a good product after they took their portion.

What I do when I am sending flowers is to go to telaflora.com and click on the "find a florist" (http://www.findaflorist.com/) link at the very bottom of the page. This way you can put in the address you are sending to and find a florist that serves that area. Then visit the website of the individual florist and contact them directly. This way you can look at what arrangements they are offering on line if you'd rather pick out a design from a picture but you can also talk to the florist in person to see if the arrangement you are looking at actually comes out well (this is something that I would ask) or you can tell them how much you are looking to spend and ask what is in season or ask them to make a mixed bouquet. (Don't actually order from telaflora, either, because they also take money off the top.)

BaileyCatts
06-27-2011, 04:36 AM
I used a internet order to send flowers for my cousin's funeral in another state. I had to specifically type in the message I wanted on the card (from me and bro and sis). I typed "With Sympathy, BaileyCatts, Joe and Sue LastName". The card only said "Bailey, Michael and Jane". Huh? How can you get the names wrong like that when I typed in exactly what I wanted on the card! My aunt didn't even know who they were from, until she finally figured out it must be us because there were no other flowers from us. The flowers also looked nothing like the picture I clicked on that I wanted. If I ever have to order flowers to be sent again, I will go personally to a local flower shop and order thru them, even if they have to send the order out of state. At least I can talk to them in person that way.