PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Kwan video, Special Olympics in Greece

Pages : 1 [2] 3

query5
06-29-2011, 07:27 PM
triple buzz, personally i thought she did quite well, my mom enjoyed it very much.
for me she has improved.

also what about tara improving her speech, peggy, nancy, all who are in commentating improving their speech. for me personally they all could.
they all do a decent job, but each could improve their speech and/or job.

skatesindreams
06-29-2011, 07:29 PM
We will agree to disagree, then, Triple Butz.

I think some people are obsessed with criticizing her every action,
That, I find obsessive!

senorita
06-30-2011, 09:22 PM
She skated with Apollo Ohno and the athletes of special Olys and that was on greek news, i was thrilled :cheer2:

query5
06-30-2011, 10:59 PM
there is the video of her with michelle and apollo on michelle kwan forum
nice,
there is also another video of her on Change through Sports.

nice article,
but great cause.
congrats to all atheletes who competed.

kathy sullivan
07-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Here's Michelle and Appolo

http://www.dl4u.in/apollo-ohno-and-michelle-kwan-in-unity-sports-roller-skating/

maureenfarone
07-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the link of Michelle and Apollo....very nice!

kathy sullivan
07-02-2011, 07:33 AM
And more pics and a blog of MK and rollerskating

http://specialolympicsblog.wordpress.com/2011/07/01/inspired-at-athens-2011-watching-athletes-achieve-personal-bests/

Sylvia
07-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Here's an impromptu rinkside interview with Kwan in Greece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBjGYxgDxpk

kwanette
07-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Here's an impromptu rinkside interview with Kwan in Greece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBjGYxgDxpk

Thanks, Sylvia..:)

l'etoile
08-18-2011, 06:17 PM
May I say like Kwan like Kim?
Yuna's entrusted with duty of a new global ambassador for Pyeongchang Special Olympics 2013!

http://www.sportsfeatures.com/olympicsnews/story/49029/queen-yu-na-kim-to-inspire-special-olympians-in-new-role

To add to the excitement legendary figure skater and world champion Michelle Kwan and Olympic champions Nadia Comaneci and Bart Conner welcomed Kim in a video message. - I'm dying to see this vid!!

kwanatic
08-18-2011, 06:40 PM
^^I posted that in another thread! Michelle was on the Board of Directors and the ambassador for the Special Olympics in Athens this year and now Yu-Na will be working as the ambassador for the Pyeongchang Special Olympics. I think it's wonderful that these two amazing skaters are connected in so many ways...:)

l'etoile
08-18-2011, 06:50 PM
^^I posted that in another thread! Michelle was on the Board of Directors and the ambassador for the Special Olympics in Athens this year and now Yu-Na will be working as the ambassador for the Pyeongchang Special Olympics. I think it's wonderful that these two amazing skaters are connected in so many ways...:)

You can say that again:D It's really magical these ladies from different generation of FS walk on the similar track! oh man Michelle's interviews posted here are so moving and touching to see her passion and affection on what she's doing!

aftershocks
08-21-2011, 09:47 PM
LOVE Michelle but she still has a lot to learn in the public speaking department! She should consider taking a few classes or work with a coach, I think it would help her a great deal.

Sure you can love Michelle, and feel she still has a lot to learn. But why the need for the word, "but"? Clearly, Kwan also feels she can continue to learn, and that she's never stopped learning. And, clearly, she needs no defending. Just adding my two cents observations here.

You can love Michelle... and clearly see that speaking off the cuff in public is not one of the things she's perfect at -- few people are except for professional actors and broadcasters, and even they are not always perfect. In her present role as Public Diplomacy Envoy, Michelle most definitely has already been working with a public speaking coach. She penned and presented an exceptional graduation ceremony speech when she received an honorary doctorate a few years ago. And now, she has earned another degree. What an accomplished young lady! I think her brain probably works faster than her tongue can keep up with sometimes. Not the most difficult challenge she's ever faced ..., and she's definitely conquering it too. In the linked interviews, Michelle's charm and passion shine through. Oh, and btw, wonder how you'd fare in front of the hot lights of tv cameras. It ain't easy. My one experience, I freezed up and didn't know where to look -- lucky I wasn't the focus and didn't have to say a word. ;)

Triple Butz
08-22-2011, 05:00 AM
Sure you can love Michelle, and feel she still has a lot to learn. But why the need for the word, "but"? Clearly, Kwan also feels she can continue to learn, and that she's never stopped learning. And, clearly, she needs no defending. Just adding my two cents observations here.

You can love Michelle... and clearly see that speaking off the cuff in public is not one of the things she's perfect at -- few people are except for professional actors and broadcasters, and even they are not always perfect. In her present role as Public Diplomacy Envoy, Michelle most definitely has already been working with a public speaking coach. She penned and presented an exceptional graduation ceremony speech when she received an honorary doctorate a few years ago. And now, she has earned another degree. What an accomplished young lady! I think her brain probably works faster than her tongue can keep up with sometimes. Not the most difficult challenge she's ever faced ..., and she's definitely conquering it too. In the linked interviews, Michelle's charm and passion shine through. Oh, and btw, wonder how you'd fare in front of the hot lights of tv cameras. It ain't easy. My one experience, I freezed up and didn't know where to look -- lucky I wasn't the focus and didn't have to say a word. ;)
I have three degrees in performance, and have been performing professionally for years, so I think I'd be okay ;)

Again, I don't know why people freak out whenever a little constructive criticism is directed at Michelle. I never said she was terrible, I simply said there is still work to be done.

If we only ever heard warm and fuzzy comments, how would we learn and grow? For example, here's a little constructive criticism for you: the past participle of "freeze" is "froze" :)

aftershocks
08-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks Triple Butz! And I'm an English major ... who would've thunk! Froze up, or "freezed" up -- it was definitely like a deer in the headlights.

Great you are a performance major, so I suppose you kinda cringe or freak out whenever you see someone performing poorly. What tips would you give Michelle?

Michelle does give me the warm and fuzzies. :) Nobody's perfect, but I don't see much to criticize when I look at her -- just lots to observe and comment on, and we all have varying opinions.