PDA

View Full Version : 2011/2012 Grand Prix Athlete Selection

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

kwanfan1818
10-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the update!

D/W has 1 GP (Skate Canada) so they are likely to get the vacant TEB pairs slot now?

Theoretically, yes, because there's nothing in the announcement to say that their selection as a host pick for Skate Canada must impact their placement on the alternates list. Denney/Coughlin have two, but they were assigned to NHK on 19 Aug when they had none, and only later to a TBD spot at Skate America.

On the other hand, the ISU has contradicted themselves before this year, and the ISU could decide that the purpose of the alternates list is to get them one. It would be meh that USFS could, because of timing issues, and especially because the French Fed didn't have to comply with the 1 September deadline for TBDs, but Skate Canada could not for D/W.

If D/W don't get it, then Lawrence/Sweigers (SC) are next in line, followed by Gerboldt/Enbert -- but Biryukova was bypassed for TEB because she, like G/E have RC the next week -- and then Castelli/Shnapir.

kwanfan1818
10-10-2011, 09:32 PM
The French TBDs have finally been filled:

Chafik BESSEGHIER

Lena MARROCCO
Mae Berenice MEITE

Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (no second pair entry; will this be filled from the sub list?)

Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Alexis MIART
Thank you for the heads up!

Besseghier met the GP minimum at last year's TEB, Meite at Worlds, Marrocco at NHK, and Zahorski/Miart at World Juniors. (They also may have met the GP minimum in other events with lower scores or at a fall senior B this year.)

James/Cipres don't have to meet the minimum, because they are a host pick replacing the first host pick to take a TEB TBD spot, Canac/Bonheur.

Ziggy
10-11-2011, 01:21 AM
ah, thatīs too bad, i wished we could see popa/massot at the grand prix. it took so lang until steuer found a perfect match for her....

They don't have the minimum score.

pinky166
10-11-2011, 02:53 AM
Silete was already assigned to TEB earlier. They just added Meite and Marrocco as the other 2 ladies.

Oh, you're right, I had just forgotten. Thanks!

Sylvia
10-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Yue ZHANG / Lei WANG (CHN) were crossed off the Cup of China pairs roster today (Oct. 11) on the ISU site.

Jeschke
10-11-2011, 05:48 PM
-- but Biryukova was bypassed for TEB because she, like G/E have RC the next week --

oh no; i wished she could get a second assignment! itīs so important for her to gain some points and show herself the judges, so that the russian federation may see her (hopefully) good results and donīt count her out; i really like her; why canīt she do teb and afterwords rc? both is in europe, thatīs possible. or is there any rule.

julieann
10-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Yue ZHANG / Lei WANG (CHN) were crossed off the Cup of China pairs roster today (Oct. 11) on the ISU site.

Who would be next in line to get that spot? Lawrence/Sweigers :shuffle:

Sylvia
10-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Huibo DONG / Yiming WU currently have one GP (TEB) so China could add them as the 3rd pair to their roster or pick one of their JGP pairs.

kwanfan1818
10-11-2011, 06:02 PM
By the criteria, Biryukova should have been chosen before Lafuente. That suggests that Biryukova passed, or the Russian Fed passed on TEB for her.

If D/W get TEB, then L/S are next in line, if the Chinese Fed doesn't choose another Chinese team. A replacement from CHN doesn't need top 75 or a minimum GP score, because they replace a history pick.

Jeschke
10-11-2011, 06:34 PM
By the criteria, Biryukova should have been chosen before Lafuente. That suggests that Biryukova passed, or the Russian Fed passed on TEB for her.

thanks for the quick answer, but thatīs :mad:

jkl
10-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Now that two Senior B's are completed can anyone tell me where I can find a updated GP substitute's list? Many thanks.:D

Sylvia
10-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Now that two Senior B's are completed can anyone tell me where I can find a updated GP substitute's list?
Refer to kwanfan1818's posts in this thread. :D

kwanfan1818
10-11-2011, 10:47 PM
There's never been a substitutes list that's been published. We're doing our best to understand the contradictory and missing info in the announcement to create our own.

Since the substitutes list is taken in the order of:

*comeback skaters-none
*split couples
*from the top 24 SB list
*from the top 75 SB list (host gets to choose one of the top three)
*winners of fall senior B's

the only two who would be added to the bottom of the list are:

Mura (also top 75, from which he might be chosen for event #1, if they get that far down the list)
Hubell/Donahoe (SA host pick)

Biryukova (host pick, CoR) is high on the top 75 list and would get a second from the third bullet point, so she wouldn't be added. (Theoretically, she should have been offered Lepisto's TEB slot.) All the other winners already have two.

It's unlikely that they'll get as far as the Fall senior B winners for substitutes, since there are so many on the top 75 ahead of the winners.

toddlj
10-13-2011, 03:43 PM
So... Skate Canada is only a couple of weeks away, and no change in the roster for Canadian host picks Desanctis and Balde who didn't reach the minimum score. Should we assume that the minimum score requirement has been scrapped for host picks?

Hedwig
10-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Maybe the ISU hasn't realized this. Wouldn't be the first time that FSU mentions something that hasn't occured to the ISU like -say - how many Chinese pair teams are allowed to compete at Junior Worlds etc. ;)