PDA

View Full Version : 2011/2012 Grand Prix Athlete Selection

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

toddlj
10-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Maé Bérénice Méité is French and therefore would be under consideration for one of the two remaining TBA spots at TEB rather than for the spot left vacant by Laura Lepistö's withdrawal.

Yes, that's exactly what I said above. :)

pinky166
10-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Makes you wonder if Kwak and Samson are even being considered - who knows- even taking them off the list, you'd have Biryukova, Meite, and J. Helgesson, and perhaps Meite has already been tagged for TEB or something? Or maybe someone turned down an offer due to injury or something and Lafuente was bumped up into that group of 3...

Well Kwak withdrew from Nebelhorn so I'm assuming she's injured, that might have had something to do with it. I don't know the details or her injury though or how it's healing.

kwanfan1818
10-05-2011, 06:23 PM
This is Miart's 3rd week back on the ice, albeit with ice time limited to 45 mins per day. Next week he should be able to spend much longer on the ice, as he will have passed the important 3 months mark, when healing should be complete, and pain will be the only limiting factor!
That's great news! Still, most likely too early to be considered at GP, and with the reduction to eight teams per competition, there are so many skaters to be considered for a second before going to the Top 75 list, odds would be very small for them to get one, had they been healthy.

If Lafuente was chosen, that would seem to indicate she was in the top group of 3, yes?

This was the list-
Biryukova (who has RC the week after)
Samson
Meite (who has NHK the week before)
J. Helgesson
Kwak
La Fuente

Makes you wonder if Kwak and Samson are even being considered - who knows- even taking them off the list, you'd have Biryukova, Meite, and J. Helgesson, and perhaps Meite has already been tagged for TEB or something? Or maybe someone turned down an offer due to injury or something and Lafuente was bumped up into that group of 3...

There's one scenario I can see under which this follows the criteria:

1. Top 24 WS without top 24 SB are not guaranteed a second spot before Top 75, or Joshi Helgesson, 18 on the SB list, would have been assigned to TEB. Viktoria Helgesson was chosen to replace Laura Lepisto at Skate America for being one of the top three ranked 25-75 in the SB list, not for being 14 on the WS list.

2. Samson's name was not submitted or SC turned it down for her, or she would be the only one in the original top three who was not chosen and is eligible, since Biryukova has RC the week after, and Samson would have gotten the spot at TEB.

3. They are doing full groups sequentially, as Tammi described. If they were replacing V. Helgesson with the next eligible skater to join Biryukova and Meite from the original top three, they would have skipped Meite, since it's TEB and, Joshi Helgesson would have been added to the new Group 1.

So the logic seems to be:

Group 1:
28-Biryukova, skipped because TEB and RC are back-to back, even though she'd be traveling home after TEB and it's no worse than back-to-back SA to SC.
31-Viktoria Helgesson, already assigned to SA
34-Meite, skipped because she's French, and it's TEB

With no one Group 1 eligible, they go to Group 2:

36-Joshi Helgesson
38-Kwak, if her name were submitted
39-Lafuente
43-Suguri, if Kwak's name was not submitted
49-Kexing Zhang, if neither Kwan nor Suguri were submitted

And Lafuente was chosen.

So back to the dance, if they're not giving top 24 WS a second before going to the top 75 list, then there are only two that are guaranteed a second for being on the top 24 SB list with one:

22-Lichtman/Copely (CoC)
24-Tobias/Stagniunas (RC)

Then host picks one from Group 1:

25-Kriengkrairut-Giulietti Schmitt (NHK)
29-Zahorski/Miart -- assuming too late to be ready after his injury, if he's not full-time until next week and missed the summer to get the programs ready.
30-Gorshkova/Butikov (TEB)
31-Coomes/Buckland (CHN), if Z/M are not in the mix

Tobias/Stagniunas would get SA if Monko/Khaliavin have to withdraw from SA, because, as Tammi pointed out, USA already has three teams at SA, and a pick from Group 1 would replace them if they're not ready for CoC, since Lichtman/Copley already are scheduled for CoC. Coomes/Buckland are also already scheduled for CoC, so it would have to be either Kriengkrairut-Giulietti/Schmitt or Gorshkova/Butikov, if Zahorski/Miart are not ready.

Group 2:

Yu/Wang (CHN)
Cannuscio/McManus
Ralph/Hill (SA)

oubik
10-05-2011, 09:34 PM
If I've been a good student of Kwanfan ;), then I think the dance substitute list would look like this (I don't know where Chock/Bates fit in for a 2nd assignment):

Charlotte LICHTMAN / Dean COPELY USA SB #22 Cup of China
Isabella TOBIAS / Deividas STAGNIUNAS LTU SB #24 Rostelecom
Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR WS #17 Cup of China
Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL CAN WS #19 Skate America
Lorenza ALESSANDRINI / Simone VATURI ITA WS #22 NHK
Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ ESP WS #23 TEB
Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG CHN WS #24 Cup of China

If the previous list is exhausted, then they go down to the groups of 3, where the host country can select anyone in that group:

1st group
Lynn KRIENGKRAIRUT / Logan GIULIETTI-SCHMITT USA
Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Alexis MIART FRA
Nikola VISNOVA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK

2nd group
Anastasia CANNUSCIO / Colin MCMANUS USA
Nadezhda FROLENKOVA / Mikhail KASALO UKR
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA

3rd group
Andreanne POULIN / Marc-Andre SERVANT CAN
Irina SHTORK / Taavi RAND EST
Isabella CANNUSCIO / Ian LORELLO USA

4th group
Louise WALDEN / Owen EDWARDS GBR
Karolina PROCHAZKOVA / Michal CESKA CZE
Anastasia OLSON / Jordan COWAN USA

5th group
Federica TESTA / Christopher MIOR ITA
Ramona ELSENER / Florian ROOST SUI

As somebody have pointed out, Visnova / Csolley split, Miart was injured and Shtork / Rand with Prochazkova / Ceska are skating at JGP.

kwanfan1818
10-06-2011, 01:54 AM
With the field at eight, I doubt they'd go lower than group 2.

toddlj
10-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Isabella TOBIAS /Deividas STAGNIUNAS were added today to Skate America to replace Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN

Moka-Ananas
10-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Isabella TOBIAS /Deividas STAGNIUNAS were added today to Skate America to replace Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN

Why? Are Monko/Khaliavin injured or something?

Jeschke
10-06-2011, 04:44 PM

aah, that´s too sad, they are so promising; i hope he will be on track for their second grand prix

fan
10-06-2011, 08:53 PM
i just tweeted skate can to see if samson is still competing - they've never answered my tweets before, but there's a first time for everything.

indeed - first time for everything! They responded (not sure how to link to a tweet) @613fan Myriane is back on the ice and will be competing this season.

Ziggy
10-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Why? Are Monko/Khaliavin injured or something?

Check the Russian Skating thread.

toddlj
10-10-2011, 03:06 PM
The French TBDs have finally been filled:

Chafik BESSEGHIER

Lena MARROCCO
Mae Berenice MEITE

Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (no second pair entry; will this be filled from the sub list?)

Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Alexis MIART

Sylvia
10-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the update!

Dube/Wolfe are at the top of the list as a split couple.
D/W has 1 GP (Skate Canada) so they are likely to get the vacant TEB pairs slot now?

Jeschke
10-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (no second pair entry; will this be filled from the sub list?)

ah, that´s too bad, i wished we could see popa/massot at the grand prix. it took so lang until steuer found a perfect match for her....

pinky166
10-10-2011, 04:43 PM
How come Silete has no GP assignments but Marocco and Meite do, even though Silete won nationals last season? Seems kinda confusing to me..

haribobo
10-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Silete was already assigned to TEB earlier. They just added Meite and Marrocco as the other 2 ladies.