PDA

View Full Version : 2011/2012 Grand Prix Athlete Selection

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

olifaunt
10-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Too bad, I like them. :( So who gets their spots?

Tammi
10-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Too bad, I like them. :( So who gets their spots?I don't think we've figured out exactly how the substitute list works yet because of the conflicting statements in the ISU communication, but I believe it would be Charlotte Lichtman/Dean Copely. If that's the case, then due to a cruel set of circumstances, they couldn't get either assignment. The USA already has their allotted 3 teams for Skate America and they've already been assigned to Cup of China. The next teams on the list without a second assignment could be Tobias/Stagniunus for SA and Gorshkova/Butikov for Cup of China.

If I've been a good student of Kwanfan ;), then I think the dance substitute list would look like this (I don't know where Chock/Bates fit in for a 2nd assignment):

Charlotte LICHTMAN / Dean COPELY USA SB #22 Cup of China
Isabella TOBIAS / Deividas STAGNIUNAS LTU SB #24 Rostelecom
Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR WS #17 Cup of China
Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL CAN WS #19 Skate America
Lorenza ALESSANDRINI / Simone VATURI ITA WS #22 NHK
Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ ESP WS #23 TEB
Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG CHN WS #24 Cup of China

If the previous list is exhausted, then they go down to the groups of 3, where the host country can select anyone in that group:

1st group
Lynn KRIENGKRAIRUT / Logan GIULIETTI-SCHMITT USA
Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Alexis MIART FRA
Nikola VISNOVA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK

2nd group
Anastasia CANNUSCIO / Colin MCMANUS USA
Nadezhda FROLENKOVA / Mikhail KASALO UKR
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA

3rd group
Andreanne POULIN / Marc-Andre SERVANT CAN
Irina SHTORK / Taavi RAND EST
Isabella CANNUSCIO / Ian LORELLO USA

4th group
Louise WALDEN / Owen EDWARDS GBR
Karolina PROCHAZKOVA / Michal CESKA CZE
Anastasia OLSON / Jordan COWAN USA

5th group
Federica TESTA / Christopher MIOR ITA
Ramona ELSENER / Florian ROOST SUI

kwanfan1818
10-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Tammi, you've got it :).

While the rules don't explicitly say everyone in the original top 3 have to be assigned (if they aren't already or there isn't already the maximum from their country in the event) before they go to the next group, I hope they do the groups the way you've outlined.

Autumn_girl
10-05-2011, 06:52 AM
M/K may be withdrawing from both assignments due to Khaliavin's illness.

They still hope to go, Kirill skates again and prepares for Grand Prix. Even if they'll withdrew from Skate Canada, they will likely go to their second event

kwanfan1818
10-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Their first assignment to Skate America is just a little over two weeks away.

I hope he's better soon.

ivagall
10-05-2011, 08:02 AM
If the previous list is exhausted, then they go down to the groups of 3, where the host country can select anyone in that group:

1st group
Lynn KRIENGKRAIRUT / Logan GIULIETTI-SCHMITT USA
Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Alexis MIART FRA
Nikola VISNOVA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK
Nikola & Lukas are no longer skating together, they split at the begining of September. Lukas is now skating with Federica Testa, they should represent Slovakia.

kwanfan1818
10-05-2011, 08:10 AM
That moves everyone up a spot, and puts Cannuscio/McManus in the first group.

Thank you, ivagall.

Miart was reported injured earlier -- is he back?

taz'smum
10-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Miart was reported injured earlier -- is he back?

This is Miart's 3rd week back on the ice, albeit with ice time limited to 45 mins per day. Next week he should be able to spend much longer on the ice, as he will have passed the important 3 months mark, when healing should be complete, and pain will be the only limiting factor!

Sylvia
10-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Sadly, Laura Lepisto was crossed off of the TEB roster today. Who gets her spot now?
Sonia Lafuente ESP was added to TEB today.

barbk
10-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Sonia Lafuente ESP was added to TEB today.

How does that fit into the selection criteria? :confused:

haribobo
10-05-2011, 04:04 PM
If Lafuente was chosen, that would seem to indicate she was in the top group of 3, yes?

This was the list-
Biryukova (who has RC the week after)
Samson
Meite (who has NHK the week before)
J. Helgesson
Kwak
La Fuente

Makes you wonder if Kwak and Samson are even being considered - who knows- even taking them off the list, you'd have Biryukova, Meite, and J. Helgesson, and perhaps Meite has already been tagged for TEB or something? Or maybe someone turned down an offer due to injury or something and Lafuente was bumped up into that group of 3...

kirkbiggestfan
10-05-2011, 04:08 PM
How does that fit into the selection criteria? :confused:

No disrespect to Lafuente, who is a good skater, but TEB picked the weakest skater possible. :lol:
Just like they picked Kelemen over Armin last year.

toddlj
10-05-2011, 04:08 PM
I would assume that France wants to use all three of their host picks, right? Even if Meite isn't one of them, Meite can't replace Lepisto because France can't have 4 ladies at TEB. Meite has to be one of the TBDs or not at all.

emilieh
10-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Samson is registered for Sectionals in Québec, which I hope means that she plans to compete this season. Sectionals are Nov 9-13. However, since she medaled at Canadians last year, I think (?) she gets a bye all the way to nationals this year. So registering for sectionals might not mean that she will actually be ready to compete by November. Even if she does plan to skate at Sectionals, being ready to compete at a sectional is entirely different from being ready to compete on the Grand Prix.

Vagabond
10-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Maé Bérénice Méité is French and therefore would be under consideration for one of the two remaining TBA spots at TEB rather than for the spot left vacant by Laura Lepistö's withdrawal.