PDA

View Full Version : 2011/2012 Grand Prix Athlete Selection

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

aemeraldrainc
09-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Anyone know why?

Ditto. Anyone?
I really like him. Was looking forward to seeing him this season.

kwanfan1818
09-23-2011, 04:14 AM
Vannut's still listed for the JGP in Estonia; they'd have to pull her from that too.
Yeah, and even though there's not a specific rule, at least one I've found or read about, against withdrawing from all JGP events and skating GP, I suspect that this wouldn't be allowed.

So, for Ladies, either:

Viktoria Helgesson got her second GP because she was top 24 WS, and Joshi Helgesson is up for the next open spot (apart from SA, where she's already competing)

or

Viktoria Helgesson got her second GP because USFS chose her from the top three of the 75 SB list -- Biryukova, Samson, V. Helgesson OR Biryukova, V. Helgesson, and Meite -- and the next spot will go to one of Biryukova, Samson, and Meite OR Biryukova, Meite, and J. Helgesson. It is possible that she was selected from the top 75 list because her sister was also attending, and it's early enough that Biryukova likely would be in the running for another spot.

The "OR" is because we're unsure whether Samson is being considered.

If J. Helgesson is assigned next, it's impossible to know if she, too, was given the spot because she was top 24 SB, or if it was because she was one of the top three from Top 75 selected. Likewise, if there's an opening for SA, it will be someone else than Helgesson.

Sedge
09-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Ditto. Anyone?
I really like him. Was looking forward to seeing him this season.

I asked Annick Dumont ( here at Nebelhorn..I assume with Ponsart)..she said back and knee. Back is an ongoing problem for Alban, the knee must be new.

toddlj
09-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Now that Balde (CAN) has failed to make the minimum score at Nebelhorn; will Canada be forced to remove him as a host pick? Is it too late to send him to another Senior B? Is there someone else who qualifies from Canada or will his slot go to an alternate?

thumbyskates
09-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Now that Balde (CAN) has failed to make the minimum score at Nebelhorn; will Canada be forced to remove him as a host pick? Is it too late to send him to another Senior B? Is there someone else who qualifies from Canada or will his slot go to an alternate?

So curious about this too.

And I should add that while I think Balde has great talent and even a future if he works hard, someone who throws a third double axel in and doesn't maximize his points like that deserves to be "punished" and not given the SC opportunity. It drives me nuts when skaters don't use the system to their advantage and know it inside out. I know mistakes happen and in the flight of the moment, things change...but it just is my own little "Bahhhh" moment.

oubik
09-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Yeah, and even though there's not a specific rule, at least one I've found or read about, against withdrawing from all JGP events and skating GP, I suspect that this wouldn't be allowed.

Itīs not because all the federations has to confirm and announce for each of their skaters within Top 75 SB list who will be taking part at GP and who will stay in juniors (except pairs where you can choose both). You couldnīt change your mind lately because those skating in juniors are crossed from the GP tables. The date for announcement is somewhere around June 1st to 15th.

kwanfan1818
09-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Is that for the initial selection only, or for the selection for the entire season? Does it include host picks? For example, I'm not sure all of the "split couples" were formed and submitted by a June deadline. There's a provision for host picks that says to qualify for one, the skater had to be top 75 or meet the minimum score. (For Ladies, there are six skaters who met minimum but aren't top 75.) Also if a skater wanted to make a comeback after the deadline, would they be out? (I thought Plushenko wasn't reinstated until the end of June, and I vaguely remember in an interview or news article, something was said about him not being ready for CoR because of an existing injury.)

The alternates wording states that anyone who won one of the senior B qualifying conditions would be added to the alternates list, and it is possible, although not likely, that someone who wasn't submitted by June would win one of these events. If a skater/team can be on the alternates list without having been on the June list by winning a senior B, if a Junior withdrew from JGP altogether before the start of GP, would they be able to be added to the alternates like or be a host pick?

Like everything else in the documentation, there are some contradictions and things that aren't clear.

Ziggy
09-24-2011, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the info Oubik.

Shame that Vannut can't give up her JGP spot if she got a GP one.

And then you got Sui/Han doing JGP AGAIN. Somebody change those Pair rules before I bite Cinquanta's ear off.

Proustable
09-24-2011, 01:55 AM
How about right after?

Ziggy
09-24-2011, 01:59 AM
How about right after?

:biggrinbo

Have mercy, he's probably really leathery.

Proustable
09-24-2011, 03:24 AM
I don't know, if your teeth are as sharp as your tongue..... :D

MissIzzy
09-24-2011, 01:32 PM

He'd have to be added to the roster of either the Ondrej Nepala Memorial or Finlandia Trophy. Canada actually doesn't have anyone going to the former, and only Virtue & Moir to the latter. Don't know if that means they're not allowed to add entries, if there's some sort of deadline for claiming berths, or if it merely means they wouldn't have to pull one. Balde only missed by about three points; if they can, they probably should give him at least one more shot.
On the other hand, Adriana deSanctis just failed to make it by more than ten points. But with Myriane Samson apparently not around at the moment, do they even have anyone else not already doing the JGP with the slightest chance of making that score? :slinkaway

oleada
09-24-2011, 02:54 PM
As someone going to SC, I'd rather have them fill that ladies spot with an international competitor :slinkaway

Shame about Balde, though. It wasn't very smart of SC to assign him only to one Senior B event.

icellist
09-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Don't remember, but does Joelle Forte have a minimum qualifying score for SA based on Gardena Trophy already? Does her 122.74 at Nebelhorn qualify? (I don't remember the actual number for minimum scores)

Roxanne
09-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Forte made the technical minimum. The only people who didn't were Balde and DeSanctis.