PDA

View Full Version : 2011/2012 Grand Prix Athlete Selection

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

kwanfan1818
09-21-2011, 03:56 PM
:duh: I can't even read my own notes.

It might work out for Vannut with GP, even if she's suffering from a minor injury causing her to pull from JGP.

Without a handshake from a fed behind the scenes, it might not be worth the risk of pulling from JGP, if she's healthy, because in one interpretation of the Top 75 "Pick one of the top three", she could be in the pool but skipped over by every new skater added when another is assigned.

haribobo
09-21-2011, 05:23 PM
I think I remember Myriane Samson retiring...

Sylvia
09-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Samson's still listed on the Canadian National team: http://www.skatecanada.ca/Development/NationalTeam/tabid/232/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Ziggy
09-21-2011, 06:18 PM

Wishful thinking. ;)
:EVILLE:

(I love her but supporting her seems to be a hopeless cause :( )

mgobluegirl
09-21-2011, 06:56 PM

Perhaps you're confusing her with Diane Szmiett? I'm pretty sure she did retire last year, before canadian nationals, IIRC.

haribobo
09-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Perhaps you're confusing her with Diane Szmiett? I'm pretty sure she did retire last year, before canadian nationals, IIRC.

Maybe. I think I took her withdrawal from worlds due to injury and Shawn Sawyer's retirement and combined them into one big retirement/injury extravaganza! :rollin:

Erin
09-21-2011, 07:19 PM

Samson's still listed on the Canadian National team: http://www.skatecanada.ca/Development/NationalTeam/tabid/232/language/en-US/Default.aspx

I had assumed Samson must have retired because I would have expected her to get the Skate Canada assignment ahead of DeSanctis, but perhaps her injury is still healing and she won't be ready by then. Either that, or SC (the organization) is still hoping that Samson is high enough on the alternate list to pick up another assignment, but it seems awfully risky to go that way given that Samson didn't have any assignments...I'm happy that DeSanctis got an assignment, but there's no way she deserves one more than Samson.

Rock2
09-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Samson didn't show for Quebec summer skate and doesn't have fall assignments, so she's either VERY injured or retired. I seem to remember hearing something about her being married or engaged. Perhaps a new life direction.

Any which way I wish there was an update. This disappearance into thin air is a little disappointing.

And, I know there's a lot of Samson bashing out there. I myself am not a huge fan of our ladies, BUT, I thought she had more potential than Lacoste. At least she has all the triples and has more than once done more than 4 triples in a competition. Lacoste can't say that yet....although I LOVE LOVE LOVE her short this year.

haribobo
09-21-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm happy that DeSanctis got an assignment, but there's no way she deserves one more than Samson.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. Samson has had an exceptional amount of chances in ISU competitions throughout her career while DeSanctis has had none. Myriane's results usually are not very good internationally at all, but then she will get it together enough for Nationals to get silver or bronze, then proceed to slump again for 4CC and Worlds. Meanwhile, Adriana has been producing good results in her local competitions and at Nationals (albeit no medal yet), but has never gotten any spot at any int'l event for Canada. I don't expect any amazing results from her either, but at least she should get a chance and I'm so glad to see she is getting 2 this season.

pinky166
09-22-2011, 05:27 AM
Is there still an open host spot in ladies at COR? I'm wondering if they could give it to Anna Ovcharova or Rosa Sheveleva. I know both girls were injured before, but I think they are both healed now, however it does not look like either will be competing on the JGP this season, so an opportunity like this could be a great option to get some exposure, ranking points, and attention from the international judges, especially where they are both eligible to skate at Euros and Worlds this season.

kwanfan1818
09-22-2011, 06:23 AM
All of the host spots except for TEB (2 Ladies, 1 Man, 1 Dance, and 2 Pairs were assigned by the 2 September rosters. Biryukova, Leonova, and Sotnikova have the three spots at CoR, and all three were assigned in June.

MissIzzy
09-22-2011, 01:30 PM
:duh: I can't even read my own notes.

It might work out for Vannut with GP, even if she's suffering from a minor injury causing her to pull from JGP.

Without a handshake from a fed behind the scenes, it might not be worth the risk of pulling from JGP, if she's healthy, because in one interpretation of the Top 75 "Pick one of the top three", she could be in the pool but skipped over by every new skater added when another is assigned.

Vannut's still listed for the JGP in Estonia; they'd have to pull her from that too.

toddlj
09-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Van Der Perren has been officially assigned to Skate Canada according to the roster this morning, as we expected.

ETA: I'll be there to see him, and since his skating generally bores me, I hope he will be wearing something clingy and tight. ;)

casken
09-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Alban Preaubert has been crossed-off of the roster for Skate Canada

Anyone know why?

peibeck
09-22-2011, 04:01 PM
ETA: I'll be there to see him, and since his skating generally bores me, I hope he will be wearing something clingy and tight. ;)

I'm sure you won't be disappointed. However ugly his costumes may be, they never fail to be tight. :lol: