PDA

View Full Version : 2011/2012 Grand Prix Athlete Selection

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

barbk
08-01-2011, 01:14 AM
It is quite commont for italian athletes to be in the police services as they get a wage every month and in this way can more easily pay the sport expenses.
Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte are carabinieri IIRC, and Carolina Kostner is a penitentiary policewoman.

Hmmm...somehow I'm having trouble imagining Carolina skating to "When you're good to mama." :D

Are these jobs in name only, or is Carolina really expected to show up and search prisoners for contraband? :eek:

pingu
08-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Hmmm...somehow I'm having trouble imagining Carolina skating to "When you're good to mama." :D

Are these jobs in name only, or is Carolina really expected to show up and search prisoners for contraband? :eek:

No, just in name, but I think that if once you're retired you want to do it, you can.
I think that the police services publish an announcement and specify how many spots are available, and for which discipline. IIRC I remember when Anna and Luca applied, I read that the police had two spots for winter sports like short track, speed skating and figure skating (but I could be totally wrong)

Ozzisk8tr
08-01-2011, 07:30 AM
I'm trying to track down assignments for the Jnr Grand Prix. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Brisbane is the one I'm interested in. Thanks all.

Ziggy
08-01-2011, 07:37 AM
I'm trying to track down assignments for the Jnr Grand Prix. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Brisbane is the one I'm interested in. Thanks all.

JGP thread: ;)
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78782

Sorry to be a spoilsport but I bet there's gonna be no more than 10 skaters competing in each category. ;P

Ozzisk8tr
08-01-2011, 07:45 AM
JGP thread: ;)
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78782

Sorry to be a spoilsport but I bet there's gonna be no more than 10 skaters competing in each category. ;P

Thank you Ziggy. I just may have to streak there with FSU painted on my furthermost nether regions. Just so Brisbane Ice competitions become more popular. On second thoughts, I'd rather shove a skate blade up my ass.

sandra_persch
08-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Madison HUBBELL/ Zach DONOHUE were just added to Skate America
http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=2732

Ziggy
08-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Madison HUBBELL/ Zach DONOHUE were just added to Skate America
http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=2732

Dammit, I wanted Isabella Cannuscio / Ian Lorello to get a spot. :(

sandra_persch
08-02-2011, 04:07 PM

well there is still 1 TBA spot remaining ... so keep your fingers crossed ;)

kirkbiggestfan
08-02-2011, 04:13 PM
They are probably waiting to see what Chock/Bates will look like.

kwanfan1818
08-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Chock/Bates should be at or close to the top of the alternates list, as a split couple, as well. If they don't get Skate America -- could be too early for them -- or even if they do, it's likely they'll get a GP spot if they want to skate that early. I assume here that USFS would have to submit their names formally.

One thing that's vague about the GP announcement is whether there's a deadline for being declared a come-back skater or split couple for the alternates list. It would be dumb for them to impose a 1 Jul deadline, when a come-back skater might not know if s/he is physically ready by then and/or a split couple skater might not have a new partner yet. It appears that a skater/team can get on the alternates list by winning one of the fall senior B's even if they weren't on the original list of skaters, but that's not explicit.

Debbie S
08-02-2011, 05:15 PM
well there is still 1 TBA spot remaining ... so keep your fingers crossed ;)They will probably assign it after Champs Camp. I'm hoping for Lynn/Logan. (and I like CanLor, too :))

I'm confused - don't Hubbell/Donohue have to also compete in a Senior B to earn the qual score to be on the GP, as they have no history as a team? I don't see their name on the assignments list for Nebelhorn on the USFSA website (then again, I don't see their name listed under SA, either, so the USFSA might just be slow in announcing).

Sylvia
08-02-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm confused - don't Hubbell/Donohue have to also compete in a Senior B to earn the qual score to be on the GP, as they have no history as a team? I don't see their name on the assignments list for Nebelhorn on the USFSA website (then again, I don't see their name listed under SA, either, so the USFSA might just be slow in announcing).
Correct, USFS hasn't announced or published any Senior B or JGP assignments online yet.

kwanfan1818
08-02-2011, 05:28 PM

Yes for Hubbell/Donahue, because neither was top 12 at Worlds (and Jr. Worlds doesn't count). It's unlikely that USFS would name Hubbell/Donahue to a Skate America spot without planning to send them to a Fall senior B to earn the minimum score.

I think that requiring the host Feds picks to have minimum scores is ridiculous. If they're fronting the money to host an event, they should be able to choose anyone they want for their spots, instead of the Federation having to fork over more $$$ to send them to a Fall senior B. A local skater, for example, might be able to put butts in seats and help the organizers recover some of the $$$ they're spending.

Eris
08-02-2011, 05:31 PM

So did I. :( And now I doubt the'll get a GP spot.

Tammi
08-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Madison & Zach must qualify already or how else could they have been added. I think they qualify under the announcement 2.2 (f). Madison was top 24 with Keiffer in 2009/2010 and they earned a minimum qualifying score between the applicable dates. Section 7.6 for replacements states that the new couple would not need to earn a minimum qualifying score together if they fulfilled the criteria from 2.2 (f).