PDA

View Full Version : 2011/2012 Grand Prix Athlete Selection

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Ziggy
07-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Such as having a select number of "approved" Senior B competitions with technical panels and judges on par with the standard of the Senior Grand Prix?

Would be too expensive.

I think more along the lines of raising the awareness of the issue, letting the judges know that Senior Bs aren't Canadian Nationals, etc. ;)

SUN
07-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Regarding all the concerns that Sui-Han got only 1 GP assignment.

I heard that they could get 2 but the CHN Federation wanted only one Senior GP for them as they also plan to participate in Junior GP.

Ziggy
07-01-2011, 10:09 PM

I heard that they could get 2 but the CHN Federation wanted only one Senior GP for them as they also plan to participate in Junior GP.

Ugh not again. I mean seeing them compete against Junior teams will be so exciting... :wall:

With the 3 event rule, the provision to do both Junior and Senior GP for Pairs should finally get scrapped. :mad:

Sylvia
07-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Weird, because Sui/Han qualified for both the Senior and Junior GP Finals last season!

briancoogaert
07-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Trophee Bompard selection looks promising. Can't wait to be there !

sk9tingfan
07-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Trophee Bompard selection looks promising. Can't wait to be there !

Hoping that my international client needs me in Europe around TEB and they pay my airfare. That would make it doable. :swoon:

oleada
07-01-2011, 10:31 PM

Thanks, SUN. Talk about sand bagging... :rolleyes:

Jenna
07-01-2011, 10:52 PM

What? :rolleyes:

I like them, but it's time to move up. Give some other teams a chance to win medals. The final has already been reduced to six slots, and now they're occupying a space that another promising junior team could use.

Ziggy
07-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Between this and the age thing, my love for S/H is really being tested. :P

julieann
07-01-2011, 11:56 PM
First people are pushing senior teams to retire so junior teams have a chance to compete; now some people want junior teams to move up to seniors so junior teams have a chance to compete. How about the skaters make their own decisions regarding their own careers.

Sylvia
07-01-2011, 11:59 PM
How about the skaters make their own decisions regarding their own careers.
Isn't that what they are doing? Although in the case of their skaters, the Chinese federation may have more of a say, really... :P

julieann
07-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Isn't that what they are doing? Although in the case of their skaters, the Chinese federation may have more of a say, really... :P

I meant maybe fans shouldn't care as much where they are skating, not the Chinese Federation. There is a lot of "S/H should just move up from juniors and give other skaters a chance to win medals" much as there was "P/T and Z/Z should just retire and let other skaters like S/H be China's #1.

Jenna
07-02-2011, 12:40 AM
First people are pushing senior teams to retire so junior teams have a chance to compete; now some people want junior teams to move up to seniors so junior teams have a chance to compete. How about the skaters make their own decisions regarding their own careers.

These particular skaters have already won the JGP Final and the Junior World Championships twice. They even have a Senior GPF medal. What a joke! I think that, for their own good, they should move up to Senior, exclusively. They clearly are not even being challenged on the junior level any more. Takahashi and Tran and Stolbova and Klimov aren't even as talented as them, and they moved up! At least they would benefit and learn from doing higher level events..they're only hurting themselves.

millipied
07-02-2011, 12:55 AM
These particular skaters have already won the JGP Final and the Junior World Championships twice. They even have a Senior GPF medal. What a joke! I think that, for their own good, they should move up to Senior, exclusively. They clearly are not even being challenged on the junior level any more. Takahashi and Tran and Sitilbova and Klimov aren't even as talented as them, and they moved up! At least they would benefit and learn from doing higher level events..they're only hurting themselves.

Well, that's debatable.

julieann
07-02-2011, 01:11 AM
These particular skaters have already won the JGP Final and the Junior World Championships twice. They even have a Senior GPF medal. What a joke! I think that, for their own good, they should move up to Senior, exclusively. They clearly are not even being challenged on the junior level any more. Takahashi and Tran and Sitilbova and Klimov aren't even as talented as them, and they moved up! At least they would benefit and learn from doing higher level events..they're only hurting themselves.

As I've already said before they got that senior GP medal because many skaters who would have normally got in weren't there, they will be this year. V/T, K/S and maybe even Z/Z. So even if S/H did make to the senior GP what is the best they will get? 6Th? At least at the JR GP they can get a gold. As long as they are young enough I would stay or try to do both.