PDA

View Full Version : 2011/2012 Grand Prix Athlete Selection

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Sylvia
06-30-2011, 06:14 AM
Question.

Kostner and Leonova are doing 3 GP's. If the top 6 from Worlds can do 3 GP's, does that mean Czisny and Asada opted out of of a 3rd?
Yes.

And if Czisny and Asada opted out of doing a 3rd before the assignments were made, can they still choose to do another GP as an alternate/substitute if someone drops out?
I don't know for sure, but my guess is no.

Thanks for your SB list, C_T_T_!

Vagabond
06-30-2011, 06:23 AM
The spreadsheet was posted online and then removed. So it doesn't exist in public any more. If it still exists on someone's hard drive, then the Chinese Federation is pretty stupid and I don't believe that.

Go back and read the thread. Several people here on FSU saved copies and contacted the ISU.

kwanfan1818
06-30-2011, 06:52 AM
Yes.

I don't know for sure, but my guess is no.
According to the (unofficial) information reported so far, the season's World Ranking is what the alternates list will be based on. If skaters with two events who opted out of three are included in the alternates list, that could force those who opted out of three to compete in GPs occurring after their events, since they get more WR points for coming in 5th in a GP than winning an International Competition.

hoptoad
06-30-2011, 12:41 PM
I really hope they use the SB list instead of the WR list for naming alternates.

It gives a better chance of selection to skaters who haven't been assigned to events worth a lot of WR points but can outscore those who have had more chances to move up the WR. Despite scoring differences across events, it seems a lot more accurate and fair than using a points system in which skaters don't have equal opportunity to accumulate points.

luCN
06-30-2011, 12:50 PM
well,don't know where to post this...

Zhang/Zhang's programs:
SP:vampire
LP: Spartacus
choreographed by Lori
they have a new EX too,they'll perform it on Artristy on Ice.
http://sports.163.com/11/0630/15/77QBV79L00051CAQ.html

MacMadame
06-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Go back and read the thread. Several people here on FSU saved copies and contacted the ISU.
Again, all the Chinese federation has to do is say the spreadsheet had typos.

Tammi
06-30-2011, 03:02 PM
According to the (unofficial) information reported so far, the season's World Ranking is what the alternates list will be based on.So the earliest we'd see a substitute list is late September? I believe Nebelhorn is the first points scoring event, so everyone would be at 0 until then to start the season?

I got the impression from Peter Kricks statements in the article previously posted, that it was going to be all about seasons best and how the minimum could be achieved at a fall ISU event. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

sandra_persch
06-30-2011, 03:43 PM
So the earliest we'd see a substitute list is late September? I believe Nebelhorn is the first points scoring event, so everyone would be at 0 until then to start the season?

I got the impression from Peter Kricks statements in the article previously posted, that it was going to be all about seasons best and how the minimum could be achieved at a fall ISU event. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I have the same understanding. don't know where people get the idea that the world standings would count.

the articel taked about seasons best only.

kwanfan1818
06-30-2011, 05:56 PM
So the earliest we'd see a substitute list is late September? I believe Nebelhorn is the first points scoring event, so everyone would be at 0 until then to start the season?
There are two in August:

Thornhill (August 11-14), Ladies and Men
Asian Figure Skating Trophy 2011/12 (August 24-28), Ladies, Men, Pairs (I'm not sure if/how entry is restricted.)

then Nebelhorn in September.

If they're going by current season's results only for the alternates list (ranking and selection), it will be a few months before every discipline is represented. That's a month before the first GP.

If they are going purely by this season's SB or SR and meeting minimum scores, and they want to have the best skaters at GP events, they won't have to keep last year's provision for allowing couples where one has been top 1-12 in Worlds in the last two season, because anyone who competes has a chance to be at the top of the SB or WR lists. If someone was 98th on the 2011-12 SB list last year, and they win Nebelhorn, the ISU shouldn't care what they did last year.

Sylvia
06-30-2011, 06:02 PM
The Senior B singles portion of Thornhill has been cancelled -- see: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3223331&postcount=34

Tammi
06-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Reposting a quote from Peter Kricks interview (bolding is mine):

The substitute lists will be changed, updated and published on the ISU homepage after each fall competition. Substitute skaters will be selected according to either their personal best from the prior season or from a fall competition. Federations will no longer be able to play politics by inviting skaters from nations they favor, nor from those where travel expenses are lower because the skater(s) train in close proximity to the event.

I'm not interpreting that as current seasons world standings. I don't know where that's being reported as a possibility.

kwanfan1818
06-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Reposting a quote from Peter Kricks interview (bolding is mine):

I'm not interpreting that as current seasons world standings. I don't know where that's being reported as a possibility.
It was in the thread about ISU changes about the upcoming season: based on season's WR. It may have been what was the fore-runner at the time, but was changed afterwards.

Coco
06-30-2011, 06:52 PM
It seems incredibly reasonable that they are going by this season and last season's personal bests. Thank god it's not just this season or just last season.

nro
06-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Again, all the Chinese federation has to do is say the spreadsheet had typos.
The problem is, it's hard to believe they're just simple typos if they tend to go in opposite directions for the girls versus the men.

MacMadame
07-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Okay, how about this. If the ISU actually investigates this matter (doubtful) and they find against the Chinese Federation even though the Chinese government provides every single document asked for to verify the ages that the Chinese federation says these skaters are and they state that their reasons for their finding is that a bunch of unknown people sent them a screenshot of a webpage they say they got off the internet (and not eyewitness testimony) then I'll give you and everyone who thinks the ISU is going to go by the spreadsheet and not official documents from the Chinese government a check for 1 million dollars and I'll skate naked at a local club competition.