PDA

View Full Version : 2011/2012 Grand Prix Athlete Selection

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

C_T_T_
06-29-2011, 07:10 PM
haribobo, I think all of the skaters/teams you've listed already received 1 GP assignment in the initial selection round? (except for the JGP age-eligible ladies on your list) Who are the ones next in line in each discipline that currently don't have a GP assignment? (as I don't have time right now to compile a list myself. ;))

At a quick glance, IF it was beased on 2010-2011 Season's best, the next in line with out any assignments would be:

Men: Kovaleski, Machida, Wu, Tanaka but there are 8 men ahead with 1 assignment

Ladies:More difficult as many of them will be on the JGP but for completeness a very long list.... Siraj, Lam, Shoji, Shelepen, Samson, Hicks, Vannut, Li, Oba, Kwak, Lafuente, Sheveleva, Baga, Suguri,....

Pairs: Novik/Kuznetsov, Silaeva/Minchuk, Kemp/King but with more than 10 teams ahead with 1 assignment

Dance: Faiella/Scali presumably not doing GP? Sinitsina/Zhiganshin, Stepanova/Butikov, Heekin-Canedy-Shakov, Zahorski/Miart.

Tammi
06-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Sinitsina/Zhiganshin, Stepanova/Butikov, Heekin-Canedy-Shakov, Zahorski/Miart.Based on the Russian national team list, I believe Sinitsina/Zhiganshin; Stepanova/Bukin; Kosigina/Moroshkin are all staying Junior. Zahorski/Miart are also still JGP age eligible.

Skittl1321
06-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Would they really go there?

It'd just be so easy...

If I were Emily and paid anything for those programs I'd be demanding money back if another pair used them! That just seems wrong.

Even with an unpolished program, I think skaters of that caliber could do fairly well at a senior B. They don't need to use old programs like that.

C_T_T_
06-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Based on the Russian national team list, I believe Sinitsina/Zhiganshin; Stepanova/Bukin; Kosigina/Moroshkin are all staying Junior. Zahorski/Miart are also still JGP age eligible.

Yes, I didn't cut anyone from the list even if they are very likely to return to JGP. Some/many of those above may be excluded by a minimum score anyway but I suppose speculation is pointless at the moment!

julieann
06-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Are Novik/Kuznetsov still together?

Tammi
06-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Yes, I didn't cut anyone from the list even if they are very likely to return to JGP. Some/many of those above may be excluded by a minimum score anyway but I suppose speculation is pointless at the moment!It's fun playing with the numbers though :) . If our assumptions are correct about how the initial assignments were done, I think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin would have actually qualified for one had they gone senior. They are #30 in WS and #21 in SB, those are higher rankings than Tobias/Stagniunus and Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt.

oleada
06-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Pairs: Novik/Kuznetsov, Silaeva/Minchuk, Kemp/King but with more than 10 teams ahead with 1 assignment

Both Novik/Kuznetsov and Silaeva/Minchuk split.

New teams: Tatiana Novik/Andrei Novoselov and Anna Silaeva/Mikhail Kuznetsov.

C_T_T_
06-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Both Novik/Kuznetsov and Silaeva/Minchuk split.

New teams: Tatiana Novik/Andrei Novoselov and Anna Silaeva/Mikhail Kuznetsov.

Oops! Now you say I vaguely remember reading that.

MacMadame
06-29-2011, 10:47 PM
It isn't as simple as you make it sound. Courts usually do not treat foreign official documents with as much deference as records from their own state or country

But they aren't going to give a freaking SPREADSHEET any deference at all. It's an electronic document that can be modified at will and it doesn't even exist any more.

stjeaskategym
06-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Yes, I can't wait to see Chock and Bates' new An American in Paris FD!

I would kind of hate to see that. It was supposed to be Emily and Evan's, so I hope they just do something else.

rhumba
06-29-2011, 11:13 PM
It's fun playing with the numbers though :) . If our assumptions are correct about how the initial assignments were done, I think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin would have actually qualified for one had they gone senior. They are #30 in WS and #21 in SB, those are higher rankings than Tobias/Stagniunus and Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt.

I don't think the WS dictates the GP assignment since some teams got fairly high WS but pretty low SB, not even make the minimum score, they prob. won't get GP. Both teams you mentioned, T/S and K/G-S met the minimum score.

Tammi
06-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Both teams you mentioned, T/S and K/G-S met the minimum score.Yes they did. I was just stating that S/Z had a higher SB than both those teams, so if they had elected to go senior, they would have had an initial assignment. (in response to C T T's post about who may be next in line on the substitute list)

Vagabond
06-30-2011, 05:09 AM
But they aren't going to give a freaking SPREADSHEET any deference at all. It's an electronic document that can be modified at will and it doesn't even exist any more.

And how do you know this? :confused:

AliasJohnDoe
06-30-2011, 05:37 AM
Question.

Kostner and Leonova are doing 3 GP's. If the top 6 from Worlds can do 3 GP's, does that mean Czisny and Asada opted out of of a 3rd? And if Czisny and Asada opted out of doing a 3rd before the assignments were made, can they still choose to do another GP as an alternate/substitute if someone drops out?

ETA: That same question goes for any Top 6 Pairs, Dance and Men who aren't doing 3 GP's when they could have.

MacMadame
06-30-2011, 06:11 AM
And how do you know this? :confused:
Good lord, for someone who knows something about the law, you sure don't seem to know much about how the world works.

The spreadsheet was posted online and then removed. So it doesn't exist in public any more. If it still exists on someone's hard drive, then the Chinese Federation is pretty stupid and I don't believe that. (Plus, they can always delete it when asked for it. It's not like agents of the ISU are going to burst into their offices with an warrant and seize all their computers without warning.)

Even so, all they have to do is say: oh, someone mistyped their ages and that's the end of that. That spreadsheet had *many* age discrepancies, not just for really young skaters and for skaters that no one had ever questioned their ages before. It's quite possible that whoever created it was a moron, the kind of person we all worked with who can't get anything straight and whose work frequently has to be redone.

The thing is, the way this stuff works is:

1) ISU decides to investigate the situation for some reason (maybe a formal complaint is filed, maybe they decide it's better PR to investigate than to ignore it)

2) ISU comes out with a ruling

3) Parties involved accept the ruling or they don't.

4) If they don't accept the ruling, they go before CAS who has jurisdiction in this case. CAS is an international body, btw.

5) CAS sides with ISU or with them.

Until #4 happens, no court of law is even involved.

I'll tell you what, if the ISU decides to ban these skaters, revise the results of every competition they've been in illegally and punish the Chinese Federation based on that spreadsheet, which can't be verified, and ignores official documents and any necessary accompanying affidavits they ask for that are sent to it by the government of China, I'll send you a check for 1 million dollars.

I think maybe you missed the original point, which was made by someone else and think I'm arguing something I'm not. The point is: if the skaters really were/are underaged and the *government* of China decides it's in their best interest to lie about these skater's ages and say they are older, then there really is nothing the ISU can do about it. Any proof they ask for, the government can provide. At some point, they have to accept it. They can't make a decision based on "I'm sure you are lying. What about that spreadsheet that was posted on the internet?." Well, they can but they'll end up screwed over 6 ways to Sunday if they do. So they won't.