PDA

View Full Version : 2011/2012 Grand Prix Athlete Selection

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

icellist
06-29-2011, 04:59 AM
as much as i love mirai, mirai always starts the season slow while the russian babies start off strong. i have a feeling that the grand prix circuit will be a coin toss among the three of them but mirai will blow them away at worlds, and yes, it's an early root in confidence for her. also pcs advantage goes to mirai, she has matured very well under frank caroll while i only see the russian babies as technically strong, not even close artistically to mirai. so excited about ladies and men for the gp circuit this year! ice dancing and pairs have become sooo predictable, it won't even be fun to watch

when should we start our predictions thread?

Vagabond
06-29-2011, 05:25 AM
Not by any competent court of law. A birth certificate is issued by the *government*, not the Chinese Federation. It is a legal document and has to be accepted by the courts unless it can be proven to be a forgery.

And, even if it proven to be a forgery, no court of law is going to accept a spreadsheet instead. There is no way to prove the spreadsheet is accurate. They'll just write to the government for a new certificate and have it delivered to the directly to an officer of the court.

It isn't as simple as you make it sound. Courts usually do not treat foreign official documents with as much deference as records from their own state or country. Under the Federal Rules of Evidence in the U.S., for example, when one party offers an official record that was issued many years before, the other party must be given a reasonable opportunity to investigate the accuracy and authenticity of the documents.

Depending on what the rules of evidence are for an ISU investigation, this may be a big stumbling block for the Chinese Federation. If you go back and read the Age Discrepancies for Chinese Skaters (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77519) thread, you'll see that it is extremely difficult if not impossible to investigate, let alone establish, the accuracy and authenticity, of birth certificates in China (especially if they've been destroyed by water leaking from a pipe!).

RumbleFish
06-29-2011, 05:42 AM
I'm very curious to see how both of them match up to Mirai Nagasu. If Nagasu skates clean against both Liza and Adelina, which is sort of unlikely given how early it is in the season, she should easily beat them. But, Mirai is prone to having subpar performances on the grand prix circuit, especially in the free skate. It's very possible that Liza and/or Adelina can beat her.

Nagasu should worry more about Flatt. ;)
But both of them will be beaten by Sot and Tuk IMO.

Ziggy
06-29-2011, 05:48 AM
Nagasu should worry more about Flatt. ;)
But both of them will be beaten by Sot and Tuk IMO.

I don't think Flatt will actually compete.

If she will, I agree that Sot and Tuk will beat them.

RumbleFish
06-29-2011, 06:06 AM
I don't think Flatt will actually compete.

If she will, I agree that Sot and Tuk will beat them.

Flatt is a fighter.
Fighters fight back even harder when they are humiliated.
During course of this fight back, we will be entertained by it.

Chemical Engineering course load might be tough if you want to get good grades, but manageable if you are willing to receive mediocre marks for a year or two.
Trust me. I have majored in chemical engineering.

Ziggy
06-29-2011, 06:11 AM
I don't see Flatt as somebody who would settle for mediocrity in either fields.

I think she wants to keep her options open but will decide to focus on uni once the decision will have to be made.

(At least that's what I want to believe ;))

Vagabond
06-29-2011, 06:11 AM
Flatt is a fighter.
Fighters fight back even harder when they are humiliated.
During course of this fight back, we will be entertained by it.

Chemical Engineering course load might be tough if you want to get good grades, but manageable if you are willing to receive mediocre marks for a year or two.
Trust me. I have majored in chemical engineering.

Which Grand Prix events did you skate in?

ProgramerUSFS
06-29-2011, 06:12 AM

:rofl:

ProgramerUSFS
06-29-2011, 06:15 AM
I have a question. When will the Jr GP assignments be posted?

RumbleFish
06-29-2011, 06:16 AM

Read my post again.
If you still can't get it, try asking someone around you to read it for you.

Vagabond
06-29-2011, 06:21 AM
Read my post again.
If you still can't get it, try asking someone around you to read it for you.

Humor (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&authuser=0&q=humor&tbs=dfn:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=yrUKTv23BI7XiAK38MHAAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CBkQkQ4&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=bd71108a3b251f45&biw=1280&bih=709)

hu·mor
noun /ˈ(h)yo͞omər/ 
humors, plural; humours, plural

1. The quality of being amusing or comic, esp. as expressed in literature or speech
- his tales are full of humor

2. The ability to express humor or make other people laugh
- their inimitable brand of humor

3. A mood or state of mind
- her good humor vanished
- the clash hadn't improved his humor

4. An inclination or whim
:)

icellist
06-29-2011, 06:39 AM
wow, the maturity from some of these people are just wow... it makes me wonder how old some of you posters are...

honestly, i dont see how much rachael can improve. everyone is working on training and new programs while we dont even know where is her new training location and who her new coach is. i think the news about the reprimand is way old and other issues are more urgent. heck, we don't even know about how her injury is healing yet! cut the girl some slack and have her aim low until she's back into shape. as of right now, because there is no information about flatt's conditions or plans yet, i think everyone can agree, again for now, that mirai will beat flatt at skate canada.

Ziggy
06-29-2011, 06:41 AM
I have a question. When will the Jr GP assignments be posted?

Your question has already been answered.

Entry lists for respective events usually appear around a month before.

There is no official announcement.

I would imagine USFS will officially announce their skaters but no idea when's that gonna happen.

kwanfan1818
06-29-2011, 06:44 AM
If I understand this correctly, the rules have been changed this season to prevent this and spots now have to go according to the World placements and then WS and SB.
S/H were higher than I/M in both SB (6th to 7th) and WR (5th to 19th, after last season's results were dropped, yet I/M got two and S/H only one.

They also didn't got through the entire list of top 24 WR to assign one before giving a second to non-seeded/non-guaranteed skaters like I/M; I don't see K/K (WR 13) on the list or Simpson/Miller (22 SB), while Cain/Regan were 29th in SB and got Russia.

I wonder if the ranking-driven rules are for the substitutes list only.

I think the problem is there's only 8 spots per event AND best teams are allowed 3 events, which means some good skaters either don't get a chance to compete or get only one spot.

I think that the option to do 3 events shouldn't be there and there should be 10 spots in Pairs and 12 for Singles.

While I agree that the three event rule is shite, if they have it, I think that in any event in which there are three skaters, the field should be expanded by that number.

Ziggy
06-29-2011, 06:47 AM
S/H were higher than I/M in both SB (6th to 7th) and WR (5th to 19th, after last season's results were dropped, yet I/M got two and S/H only one.

They also didn't got through the entire list of top 24 WR to assign one before giving a second to non-seeded/non-guaranteed skaters like I/M; I don't see K/K (WR 13) on the list or Simpson/Miller (22 SB), while Cain/Regan were 29th in SB.

I wonder if the ranking-driven rules are for the substitutes list only.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Just one clarification: Simpson/Miller have split. He has retired from skating and she has a new partner (the name escapes me now but it should be in my "All the Changes" thread).

While I agree that the three event rule is shite, if they have it, I think that in any event in which there are three skaters, the field should be expanded by that number.

Yes, I'd totally go for that.

This way you get the big names to attract the tv viewers but also don't take away spots from lower ranked skaters who need the exposure and experience.