PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Impossible

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Beefcake
08-12-2011, 06:41 PM
I watched, or rather fast-forwarded to dramatic looking segments, last night.

Still a yawn for the most part, but I do agree that it's a bit better now that the last of the fodder teams -- California Girls -- is gone. Interestingly, like the earlier all-girl teams, the Cali gals went out due to lack of guile rather than lack of brawn.

Anyway, back on point ... yes, the remaining episodes should be :watch: since all five teams can win it. The Gypsies seem to have the advantage, but those small goofs and crinks in the armor we've seen from them in the last few episodes could just as easily turn into a "big" one ... and there isn't fodder left to absorb that.

The Cops have been almost amazingly stealth in making the F5, don't you think? We've only heard from Rob (or Ron?) on that team ... the other guy and especially the woman are a couple of Tellers to Rob's Penn. :P

Shirtless Footballers. :grope:

Sassafras
08-12-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm still watching.Check out their audition tape. (http://www.touchthetop.com/blog/team-no-limits-entry-to-expedition-impossible-902)

Mozart
08-12-2011, 09:29 PM
go No Limits. They are amazing

emason
08-13-2011, 01:19 AM

Amazing doesn't begin to describe them. Go, go, go No Limits.

victorskid
08-13-2011, 04:13 AM
I've been watching too and cheering for No Limits.

I've also been watching the series "Drop Zone" on BBC Canada - it's down to the finale but was obviously originally broadcast in England some time ago. It appears to be what the US series was based on. There are some key differences - one of them is that the helicopter takes off with the continuing teams aboard, leaving the eliminated team behind. Some of their tasks are actually done in cities (e.g. Istanbul) while others are out in "the wild". Some of the former are reminiscent of Amazing Race.

purple skates
08-15-2011, 03:25 AM
No Limits FTW!

Or Gypsies or Footballers.

No Limits is awesome. Completely awesome.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
08-15-2011, 04:58 AM

:cheer2:No Limits.:cheer2: I love this team and want them to win as well.

I'm still watching and still loving this show; for me it's like the anti-reality, reality show. Each week the tasks seem to get more difficult and for the past two weeks I thought for sure No Limits were going home. Especially on this weeks show. It was fantastic to see them cross the finish line ahead of the California girls.

Mozart
08-19-2011, 03:03 AM
no limits did it once again! Way to go Jeff, Erik and Aaron!

caseyedwards
08-19-2011, 06:18 AM
I thought the cops were closer. Maybe they slowed down when it was obvious they lost to No Limites. But the Gypsies are so good. I can't see them losing.

Beefcake
08-20-2011, 04:54 AM
:shuffle: I was actively rooting for a No Limits elimination. Frankly, I'm exhausted hearing about :drama: how :drama: much :drama: they're :drama: overcoming. And they've gotten so lucky with other teams having huge brain burps. And I'm :blah: that they - and the Footballers - were handed the answer to the word challenge.

Oh well, I guess the Gypsies (as AJ said) were indeed happy to help out the crippled and the blind for easier passage to the victory in finals. The PTB can't get enough of No Limits ... I fully expect to see the final leg laid out "completely by coincidence of course" completely in the water and completely in the dark. ;)

Exciting last couple of episodes, got to say. If there is a next season, the improvements should be 1) at least one female per team; and 2) no cannon fodder, which was too much in abundance this season.

I'm rooting for either the Gypsies or Fab 3, as they've been the clear #1 and #2 for the season and have earned their own stripes. I am predicting a Fab 3 upset, as they just seem to be overjoyed in a couple of those clips from next week's finale.

emason
08-20-2011, 11:31 AM
To each his own. Personally, I loathe Fab 3 and hope they finish dead last.

merrywidow
08-20-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't see No Limits winning as they have too much to overcome at this point. I'm rooting for the Gypsies. They have an injured member as well but still manage to place first. They deserve to win IMO. Glad the cops are gone. I never was impressed by them. I don't object to Fab 3 winning either as they've had flu or dysentery to overcome. I don't want the Footballers to win because they haven't had any injuries or illnesses. One thing I wish for all the reality competitions is the outlawing of giving information to other teams/alliances.

victorskid
08-20-2011, 05:08 PM
I mentioned earlier the British series Drop Zone which aired this summer on BBC Canada.

I watched the final episode of it this week and it came down to almost a photo finish between two of the three teams in the final - the "Lovies" (out-of-work actors; 2 females 1 male) and the "Geeks" (3 male university students) - with "Streetwise" (2 males; 1 female) not that far out of it.

Overall the challenges seemed more difficult than those in the American series and there was no prize money involved - just the title of champion!

In the US series semi-final the team of cops definitely deserved to be eliminated. I'll be reasonably satisfied with any of the 3 remaining teams winning. No limits would seem to have too many strikes against them but shouldn't be counted out too soon, based on past experience!

Carmen Ovsiannikov
08-21-2011, 03:16 AM
I thought the cops were closer. Maybe they slowed down when it was obvious they lost to No Limites. But the Gypsies are so good. I can't see them losing.

This. I'd love for No Limits to win but I can't see anyone beating the Gypsies either. Maybe No Limits can finish as runners up; it depends on what the final part of the competition is comprised of. But it will probably be Fab 3 or the Footballers in second.

shan
08-21-2011, 03:42 AM
Fab 3 (whichever one is being interviewed a lot) annoys me. I hope anyone but them wins.