PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Impossible

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Tinami Amori
07-03-2011, 12:49 AM
National guard still does pt, and can be deployed. Even chaplains have to do the training. Police officers are often not very fit either. I know a few personally who barely passed the fitness test to get in, and do non-strenuous jobs.

And their hair means nothing, when my husband was in the air force there were girl in his unit who wore buns...and when we went out the guys would be shocked to.see they have waist length hair. He said the first time he saw two girls in his unit out of uniform (after serving together for months) he had no idea who they were because of their hair.

I am sure you’re right. We will never know what functions they performed while serving.

All I know is that a woman who spends serious time in the military behaves and looks closer to JI Jane than to Baywatch.

I recently vacationed with my business partner’s wife and her 2 work friends. She is a Field Doctor and the other women are Field Doctor and Field Nurse. They all have short hair, they dress is solid-darker-color clothes, no frillies, no bright colors, even when “on-civilian time".

Once such group determines a leader – they follow orders and don’t bicker. You tell them “next block – we turn left” – they turn left, and don't stand looking around. At a shopping mall you say to them “at ease, disburse, be back at 18:00 hours”, they don’t ask questions, walk away, and show up on the minute at 18:00 hours…… That's the kind of women you go on adventure with!

I did not see such discipline in the Mom’s Army…… :D. They look and act like Valley Girls.

Catherine M
07-03-2011, 02:08 AM
Erik is doing a blog about behind the scenes stuff with the expedition; so far his thoughts on episode 1 is up:

http://www.touchthetop.com/blog/

Interesting that Akbar who won't shut up is actually a nice guy! The Fishermen, who I never realized were on the show till half way through episode 2 are too!

Beefcake
07-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Hmmm, I think that this would have made a great 6-episode season. I'm already seeing repetitiveness ... fetching water as the challenge in episodes 1 and 2 / camel troubles again in episode 3 ... and it would seem that we've got another 9 or 10 weeks to go. Hmmm, unless Burnett and Co add in some spice and change the scenery somehow, 8 is too much, and more is too too much.

:) But I'll continue watching! Hell, last year I watched Michael Kors and Ninagarcia gradually but surely steer Project Runway off a cliff and into a gaping, bitchy, granny panties abyss. I can get through anything.

Interesting that Akbar who won't shut up is actually a nice guy! The Fishermen, who I never realized were on the show till half way through episode 2 are too!
I like Akbar, and am even more :lol: that he continued to talk and talk and talk in episode two. Speaking of the guy, a big thank you to his teammates for finding a reason to lose their shirts.

Both are :swoon: as is one of the fisherman, who I also just discovered half-way through episode 2. :shuffle: Seriously, were they given a speed pass/exemption in episode one, because I think I'd have remembered both fireman and fisherman in the same show?

I'd like to thank the California girls and Fab 3 girl (another Californian?) for not getting emotional during the first two episodes. And I'd like to thump the EI casting department on its collective forehead for casting women who were not physically and/or mentally tough enough for the tasks ahead.

These challenges have NOT been something that should give men the enormous advantage that the men on this show have shown over most of the women. The two fallen all-female teams have succumbed to breakdowns and troubles maneuvering beasts and trails, not brawn-friendly obstacles. And Kansas is succeeding despite some emotions.

Cast better, dammit!

I'm in awe of Eric, and glad that part of his life's message is that people aren't "limited" by their handicaps, but merely challenges. The flip side is that the my flip side :blah:'s that his career is "being blind" (akin to Rev Sharpton's career of "being black"). I :kickass: Eric's endeavors (imagine riding a horse or hurtling down rapids without sight!), but I'm not so into his corner that I'll root for No Limits if I see challenges laid out, later on, to accommodate his handicap.

Kinda with Timani in that I'd like to see the regular joes with daily career peril do well in this show. But methinks one or more each the cops and fireman each have too much meat on the bones to get too far into this expedition. If this was an individual expedition, I'd have my money on the bossy Fab 3 guy ... very assured of himself, very athletic and in shape.

Mozart
07-08-2011, 02:51 AM
way to go Erik and Team no limits

Jenna
07-08-2011, 02:59 AM
Now that BB is on, I'll probably never watch this again. I even forgot it was on tonight. I don't know, I've sort of lost my interest.

Skittl1321
07-08-2011, 03:05 AM
I had to remove it from my dvr for bb. Dh also tapes.futurama right now. Go no limits! Otherwise, it was just not that interesting.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
07-08-2011, 03:41 AM
When I saw that Big Brother was starting tonight it made me wonder how/if the ratings would hold up; how many viewers EI will lose. Sadly, for many this show probably won't be able to compete with programs like Big Brother and Amazing Race with all the (real and manufactured) drama, fighting and hookups as opposed to straight forward competition.

I'm one of the few but I like this show and feel that last week and this week things have picked up and the tasks are getting harder. I was surprised that Grandpa's Warriors was eliminated. Maybe Grandpa should have cloned himself and left his granddaughter home. He really :kickass: as did the Gypsies and No Limits as well.

I thought for sure it would be Team Kansas going home.

merrywidow
07-08-2011, 07:16 PM
So long as Rachel & Brenda are in the BB house I won't watch it. I like Expedition Impossible & will continue to watch it. Of course, it comes on twice in one night on my cable so I can watch it at 8 or 10 pm.

Sassafras
07-08-2011, 07:55 PM
I watch one and record the other.

The Village Idiot
07-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Was it even on Wed? My dvr only has a Sun taping...which was the repeat airing for the 1st 2 eps.

Beefcake
07-08-2011, 08:16 PM
So long as Rachel & Brenda are in the BB house I won't watch it.
Rachel & Brenda? I miss Six Feet Under :(

Rachel Griffiths as Brenda

TVI, Expedition Impossible is on Thursdays.

purple skates
07-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Climbing over a snow covered mountain? Brutal....and cold! I couldn't have done that - no way.

Lutzcy
07-15-2011, 01:42 PM
I really want to like this show. I love 'Survivor' and 'Amazing Race'. I love travel and adventure.
This show, for some reason, is just not doing it for me. Can't put my finger on it, but am SO disappointed. It doesn't grab me. :(

rfisher
07-15-2011, 02:06 PM
I don't watch Survivor or BB. I find manufactured drama annoying and boring. So, long live Expedition Impossible.

Spareoom
08-12-2011, 06:24 PM
So, is anyone still watching besides me? ;) I have to say, this show started out as boring as all get out, but it's gotten a bit better.

No Limits are incredible...that team continues to astound me. Not only are they doing so well with Erik alone, but one of their members, Ike, really hurt his foot during one of the episodes and not only are they still in the competition, but they're not doing half-badly either. They all seem like incredible people, and any respect I had for them at the beginning has only been strengthened.