PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Impossible

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

rfisher
07-01-2011, 02:48 AM
No Limit is the team with Erik the blind guy. What a trooper!

I was wrong about Grandpa. They did OK. Mom and daughters look like they're going to lose. Couldn't ride, couldn't kayak, and now they're lost. Cops are going to eat each other.

Allen
07-01-2011, 02:52 AM
Eric riding a horse and kayaking in this episode was incredibly impressive to me.

rfisher
07-01-2011, 02:56 AM
I wouldn't want these cops to be investigating anything for me. Pathetic. Mom's Army were totally unprepared for this. You can be sort of clueless and inept on AR and still do OK. This is way more challenging.

Catherine M
07-01-2011, 02:59 AM
How many all girl teams are left now? 2?

Gypsies look like they are unbeatable but I'm hoping that they are getting the epic frontrunner fail edit! I want No Limit to win this just cause how awesome Erik is.

rfisher
07-01-2011, 03:08 AM
The Kansas and the California girls are still in.

Sassafras
07-01-2011, 04:57 AM
No Limit is the team with Erik the blind guy. What a trooper!

Some background on Erik (http://www.touchthetop.com/)

Spareoom
07-01-2011, 06:08 AM
I knew I'd seen Erik before, now now I remember where. Wasn't in he the news ages ago for climbing Mt. Everest? But the thing I remember him most from was a documentary that was made years ago about a group of blind Tibetan kids who were inspired by Erik to learn how to hike up mountains. Erik actually came down for their big hike and while they didn't end up making the summit, it was really amazing to see this group work together and accomplish so many things that most people can't even dream of. Blindsight, is what it's called, I believe.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
07-01-2011, 06:23 AM
His name is Erik. I paid attention the last time they had him on camera. I am so impressed with what he's doing.

The Gypsies are going to be hard to beat. They seem to have really prepared for the show.

Thanks rfisher.

Some of the teams do appear to be more prepared than the others. I'm wondering if those who didn't do any/as much pre event training expected it to be similar to The Amazing Race. It's the only reason I can think of to just show up untrained.

I do like the fact that the challenges are more difficult than the Amazing Race (I'm not sure the contestants feel the same :P). I'm also enjoying seeing Moroccan countryside.

rfisher
07-01-2011, 11:38 AM
I knew I'd seen Erik before, now now I remember where. Wasn't in he the news ages ago for climbing Mt. Everest? But the thing I remember him most from was a documentary that was made years ago about a group of blind Tibetan kids who were inspired by Erik to learn how to hike up mountains. Erik actually came down for their big hike and while they didn't end up making the summit, it was really amazing to see this group work together and accomplish so many things that most people can't even dream of. Blindsight, is what it's called, I believe.

Before that he taught middle school! And survived. :lol:

shan
07-01-2011, 06:49 PM
The CA girls were mildly annoying for me this episode. Isn't Mackenzie on that team, she seemed especially whiny during her interview. I also don't care for Akbar the football player.

I do like No Limits and don't mind the Gypsies and Country Boys. Good job to Grandpa's Warriors for making up lost time.

All in all, I've enjoyed this show. I'm impressed with the fitness of many of the contestants!

emason
07-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Team Cops: did the female member of this trio speak at all this episode? I don't think she opened her mouth once.

Rooting for Erik and Team No Limits.

Tinami Amori
07-02-2011, 12:14 AM
This show is not as exciting as I thought. The personal interactions are not fun to watch. The details and difficulties of the challenges is what’s interesting, but not enough technicalities are shown.

I did not know that Gypsies where called “Gypsies”…… more appropriate name would be “Purple Zappas” (they all look like some version of Frank Zappa…… :D)

Was glad to see Cops arrive ahead of Mom’s Army. I’d rather see physically trained Police Officers compete than bunch of suburban blond girls who have nothing to do with military or enforcement or serious and dangerous professions.

Skittl1321
07-02-2011, 03:03 AM
Um- isn't Mom's Army named so because the two girls are in the Army? Seems like that qualifies for "physically trained" as much as the Police Officers are. (Although they all might have desk jobs.)

Tinami Amori
07-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Um- isn't Mom's Army named so because the two girls are in the Army? Seems like that qualifies for "physically trained" as much as the Police Officers are. (Although they all might have desk jobs.)

Their bio page states they are: Bookkeeper, Real Estate Broker, Baby Sitter. Another page mentions that two daughters service in National Guard, which does not mean they are now Marines or Spetz-Naz…. :D, at least not the way they interact with each other, plus – members of NG are citizen-soldiers, meaning they work part time for the National Guard and hold a civilian job as well.

The jobs currently advertised in California are: “driver”, “kitchen staff”, “Chaplin’s Assistant to help those in need of spiritual guidance”….. :lol:. They list jobs in the aviation area too, but some how I doubt the girls were fixing helicopters.

These three women have LONG hair!! Nothing states “survivor” or “military” less than long hair, which can hook, be pulled, get bugs….. and holds people back in general.

In any case, I am hopping for Cops, Firemen, Footballers, Fishermen final, people who have professions which are dangerous and/or physically strenuous on daily basis. That would make the contest the real Cannonball Run (and yes, The 32-Teeth Farrah has long hair, but it's a movie, and Moroccan Dessert is Real Life).

Anyone know if they plan to make "Salt-2" anytime soon?

Skittl1321
07-02-2011, 11:08 PM
National guard still does pt, and can be deployed. Even chaplains have to do the training. Police officers are often not very fit either. I know a few personally who barely passed the fitness test to get in, and do non-strenuous jobs.

And their hair means nothing, when my husband was in the air force there were girl in his unit who wore buns...and when we went out the guys would be shocked to.see they have waist length hair. He said the first time he saw two girls in his unit out of uniform (after serving together for months) he had no idea who they were because of their hair.