PDA

View Full Version : Whitey Bulger Finally Caught

Pages : [1] 2

GarrAarghHrumph
06-23-2011, 02:19 PM
The FBI finally caught Whitey Bulger, after 16 years on the run. This guy is an infamous Boston mob boss. Or he was a Boston mob boss.

I actually didn't think they'd get him. When I heard the news, I was shocked.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/06/23/whitey_bulger_surrenders_in_calif_after_16_years_o n_run/

danceronice
06-23-2011, 02:51 PM
I actually was torn on whether he was dead or at least smart enough to be overseas. But dayum, was I surprised when I heard the news alert this morning! I figured they'd never find him.

GarrAarghHrumph
06-23-2011, 02:52 PM
I figured they actually weren't really looking.

danceronice
06-23-2011, 02:57 PM
It was kind of odd, as a day or two ago the new push to find his girlfriend was actually front page on the WSJ. I had figured they weren't really trying very hard as the guy's 81 (though they hunt down 97-year-old men with organ failure and haul them into court for having been capos in the death camps, so 81 doesn't really seem that old...) I wondered if there was something new going on but figured they couldn't possibly have found them.

Allen
06-23-2011, 03:02 PM
The FBI finally caught Whitey Bulger, after 16 years on the run. This guy is an infamous Boston mob boss. Or he was a Boston mob boss.

I actually didn't think they'd get him. When I heard the news, I was shocked.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/06/23/whitey_bulger_surrenders_in_calif_after_16_years_o n_run/

So the first time I saw the title I thought it said "Whitney burglar finally caught" and I assumed someone had robbed Whitney Houston.

genevieve
06-23-2011, 03:05 PM
well, it seems like someone stole her voice, so I can understand the confusion

Garden Kitty
06-23-2011, 03:08 PM
This will make for a great episode of "I Almost Got Away With It" on Discovery ID.

Aceon6
06-23-2011, 05:18 PM

Damn you. I was trying to eat lunch quietly at my desk!

alchemy void
06-23-2011, 06:24 PM
This will make for a great episode of "I Almost Got Away With It" on Discovery ID.

This. Most entertaining / poorly acted / campiest show ever! :respec:

DarrellH
06-23-2011, 06:38 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

overedge
06-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Now maybe he will tell the location of the stolen paintings from the Gardner Museum.

skatesindreams
06-23-2011, 07:00 PM
I hope they locate the art.
It's probably in storage somewhere since the paintings were too well known to sell/fence.

overedge
06-23-2011, 07:47 PM
I hope they locate the art.
It's probably in storage somewhere since the paintings were too well known to sell/fence.

It's also possible that they fell into the hands of a dealer who was paid extra to keep his/her mouth shut, and that they are hanging in a quiet corner of some bazillionaire's megamansion. It wouldn't be the first time that someone dealt or bought a work that they knew full well was stolen.

LilJen
06-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Having had no idea who/what Whitey Bulger was, I figured this was another story about Congressman Weiner. . .

danceronice
06-23-2011, 11:55 PM
It's also possible that they fell into the hands of a dealer who was paid extra to keep his/her mouth shut, and that they are hanging in a quiet corner of some bazillionaire's megamansion. It wouldn't be the first time that someone dealt or bought a work that they knew full well was stolen.

That's really where most stolen art goes, if it's not being taken for ransom or to make a political point--you can't steal "Sunflowers" or "The Scream" and figure if you just wait a few months no one will notice when you list it on eBay. There's a private buyer who doesn't care they can't show anyone or hang it over the mantlepiece.