PDA

View Full Version : Deep-fried Kool-Aid and 10 other weird, wacky and yet strangely fascinating fair food

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sugar
06-22-2011, 11:45 PM
Deep-fried Kool-Aid and 10 other weird, wacky and yet strangely fascinating fair foods

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Deep+fried+Kool+other+weird+wacky+strangely+fascin ating+fair+foods/4983860/story.html#ixzz1Q30RNmJt
:eek:

Jenny
06-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Deep-fried Kool-Aid and 10 other weird, wacky and yet strangely fascinating fair foods

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Deep+fried+Kool+other+weird+wacky+strangely+fascin ating+fair+foods/4983860/story.html#ixzz1Q30RNmJt
:eek:

How :rofl: that someone called Sugar posted this! Perhaps you have tried such delicacies?

KatieC
06-23-2011, 01:06 AM
I confess to having a sweet tooth and yet I find all of these completely revolting. Must be age or something. :shuffle:

Spinner
06-23-2011, 01:11 AM
:shuffle: the pulled pork parfait looks kinda awesome...

beepbeep
06-23-2011, 01:13 AM

That's the one that grossed me out the most :lol:
(but I got curious for the scorpios... :shuffle:)

Jenny
06-23-2011, 01:24 AM
I went to the Iowa State Fair a few years back, so in the spirit of experiencing the fair, we had a deep fried Twinkie. I was :eek: when the vendor asked if I wanted extra powdered sugar on it. We each took a bite and then tossed the rest. :lol:

When I was a kid, a favourite schoolyard treat was a packet of sweetened Koolaid powder. Kids would gather around to get a pour into their palms, and we'd dip our grubby little fingers into it, arriving back in class after recess with red palms, index fingers and tongues. Now I don't eat sugar as a rule, but if I was at a fair this year, I'd have to try this newest innovation. :)

LilJen
06-23-2011, 01:33 AM
In other news, deaths from sugar overload and consumption of non-FDA-approved food items have increased sharply. . .

Wyliefan
06-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Fried Kool-Aid trended for something like three days straight on Twitter. I couldn't figure it out until I read that article. :lol: Sounds yucky to me.

Skittl1321
06-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Fried Kool Aid just sounds like a flavored donut hole.

Habs
06-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Deep fried butter? :eek:

KatieC
06-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Deep fried butter? :eek:

They had that at the CNE last summer. I heard about it, didn't try it!

michiruwater
06-23-2011, 07:40 PM
I would at least try most of these, and I've heard that mealworms are actually quite good and healthy for you. The scorpions would be hard to take that first bite of but I've always been curious.

Not so sure about the spam curds, and I'm pretty sure deep fried butter would make me sick.

taf2002
06-23-2011, 07:46 PM
I hate Kool-Aid & I try not to eat fried foods, so deep fried Kool-Aid sounds completely ick to me. But I've never been fond of fair food anyway. I've never even tried a funnel cake.

ETA I might try fried jelly beans though.

Beefcake
06-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Stop the madness! (http://www.serpholicmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Obese-People.jpg)

Seriously, America. :(

znachki
06-23-2011, 09:02 PM

That one is pretty tame really. If you put it on a plate, it would be called lunch!

The fried kool-aid is really all about the marketing - it is dougnut holes. But if you called it fried cherry doughnut holes, who'd buy it?

Don't you think the spam-curds has 2am eating written all over it. If I was drunk or stoned at 2am, I'd be all over those.

The mealworms & scorpions - no thanks, and I have to say that the krispy kreme burger really grossed me out.

I think they had deep fried beer at the Texas state fair last year.

I'll stick with the scones from under the grandstand at the Puyallup thanks very much.