PDA

View Full Version : Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates have ended their partnership

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29

Cheylana
07-07-2011, 03:12 PM
I know, but I just couldn't resist ;)

DarrellH
07-07-2011, 06:23 PM
That Emily has bad taste in music? :slinkaway

LOL!:rofl:

blue_idealist
07-07-2011, 10:34 PM
It sounds like that quote's probably more related to her love life than skating, IMO

hlp728
07-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Emily posted this on twitter today.

http://twitter.com/#!/emilysamuelson

@skating102 The partner search is going... I'm taking my time, as this will affect the rest of my career, but am trying to stay optimistic

Okay why aren't great male icedancers flocking to her? I just want to see Emily skate again this coming season.

LilJen
07-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Okay why aren't great male icedancers flocking to her? I just want to see Emily skate again this coming season.
Indeed. I'd think any ice dancer would feel pretty privileged to skate with someone that good.

Proustable
07-08-2011, 01:51 AM
How many great male ice dancers are there at or near Emily's level that don't have partner's already?

skatemommy
07-08-2011, 02:21 AM
^ -4 unfortunately...FSU needs a pairs factory for male skaters :) Donations?

Tak
07-08-2011, 02:28 AM
Would Peckarek [sp?] be too old?

Sylvia
07-08-2011, 02:33 AM
Justin Pekarek has been out of skating/coaching for several years now -- I believe he's a Design Engineer/Project Manager in Florida.

The ice dancers (and pair skaters), along with their coaches, network extensively among themselves, and I think it's safe to assume that any possible partners/candidates we fans can name most likely have been considered and/or vetted by the skaters already. :)

UMBS Go Blue
07-08-2011, 02:54 AM
Re: ideas for Emily, here's a stretch: Wesley Campbell? :shuffle:

MacMadame
07-08-2011, 06:48 AM
The ice dancers (and pair skaters), along with their coaches, network extensively among themselves, and I think it's safe to assume that any possible partners/candidates we fans can name most likely have been considered and/or vetted by the skaters already. :)

Absolutely. Plus that networking will turn up skaters we don't even know about including skaters in partnerships that are dissolving but haven't announced it yet and skaters who are thinking of switching to ice dance but haven't announced it yet.

cruisin
07-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Justin Pekarek has been out of skating/coaching for several years now -- I believe he's a Design Engineer/Project Manager in Florida.

Absolutely. Anyone in dance/pairs knows who's out there and pretty much who is available. Emily was at a high enough level that she is not going to skate with a boy who is not up to her level. When a skater gets to that elite a level they don't want to go back just to skate and be in the middle of the pack. It is much harder for a girl, simply because there are so few boys. Part of the problem in the US is the mentality that many fathers have that boys don't figure skate, they play hockey. Most of the bigger, stronger boys who skate well, play hockey (whether they want to or not).

nlyoung
07-08-2011, 02:12 PM
In fairness to hockey families, it may not be a cheap sport, but it's a lot cheaper than figure skating!

cruisin
07-08-2011, 03:00 PM
In fairness to hockey families, it may not be a cheap sport, but it's a lot cheaper than figure skating!

:lol: I know, I had one. But, I wish that was the only reason. It is certainly a viable reason, but I think homophobia and gender pigeon holing play a larger part.

icecat
07-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Justin and Hilary are expecting their first little one in Sept.:D