PDA

View Full Version : Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates have ended their partnership

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Jessica
07-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Actually, I think that concern began on boards like this. Can anyone please direct me to the quote where Evan said he was concerned about handling lifts (or from which that can be inferred)?

I'd like to see that quote also. IMO it comes from spectulation from one or more persons, and turns into rumors and excuses and continues on and on. If he can't handle lifts, getting a new (slightly smaller) partner won't help.

Is Bates actually aware that Samuelson is a better dancer than Chock?

Apparently not.

fluorescein
07-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Actually, I think that concern began on boards like this. Can anyone please direct me to the quote where Evan said he was concerned about handling lifts (or from which that can be inferred)?
In this article http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3224775&postcount=80 Igor mentions lifts. Given his history, people are suspicious of the real motivations. I don't think that's a crazy inference. For a team that's been together 11 years to suffer fatal emotional damage from an injury and the dumped partner not to see it coming, to make people wonder what else was going on seems fairly reasonable. (Ack, that's an awkward sentence.)

FYI, personally I think Emily looks like she's about as thin as she can be and not look unhealthy. I do wonder if Evan could do pull ups with a bell bar around his waist like that photo of Ben Agosto.

victoriaheidi
07-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Well I suppose you are all wondering why I haven't posted anything yet. I just wanted things to settle down & see what was going to happen. To say we were shocked would be an understatement. We felt as a team they would go on to do great things. Also were hoping they continued together. We had made plans to go to Lake Placid & were looking to it but had to cancel. Now looking foward, we know that Emily will do well because she is determined to do so. Thats just her. The family & Em hope the best for Evan in whatever he does & we know Emily will, again thats just her. So on to the next chapter with best wishes. Reguarding Emily's direction nothing has been settled yet. She thanks all for the support the've shown. Gramps

I WAS wondering if/when we'd hear from you!

I wish Emily nothing but the best. She and Evan were my favorite team for a while, and I absolutely love Emily...I really hope to see her with a new partner soon.

Tons of love to Emily!

Pikachuusb
07-04-2011, 04:45 AM
I hope Emily finds her Trankov. I'm soo bummed about this split & feel Evan took a step down going to Madison. But I digress...

cruisin
07-04-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm so confused at all this talk about how Emily is "bigger". She seems just as skinny as any of the girls at Canton (except for Meryl :yikes:). I mean the girl is pretty damn skinny (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/8478284.stm) so I don't see how Igor would want to turn her into a waif since there isn't any weight for her to lose. And Igor and Marina are obviously capable of working with girls who aren't teeny tiny, since they were able to construct lifts for Tessa & Scott and Tessa isn't the twig she once was (a good thing, IMO). Emily is absolutely GORGEOUS with her long legs and red hair. Girl is sexy and has pretty much the perfect body.

I think that everyone agrees with you. I think some people here are commenting on the fact that the S/Z camp like their girls practically emaciated, and that they were worried that Emily might be pushed there. Emily is perfect as she is.

pani
07-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Madison Chock didnt look emaciated

Sulphur
07-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks for posting Gramps. I had been wondering if you would.

It appears Emily is taking the high road. I admire her for that. I loved the pairing of S & B but always thought she was the better skater of the two. Let her know how much her fans think of her and her skating. I really wish her the best in whatever she decides to do.

Agreed 100%. I've always admired her being such a fabulous ice dancer even when the programs were rather unfortunate. She's such a sweet girl, too :)

pani
07-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Agreed 100%. I've always admired her being such a fabulous ice dancer even when the programs were rather unfortunate. She's such a sweet girl, too :)

S-B 2007-2008 FD was such a masterpiece and TAT was in shock after she saw it at JWCh.
And i think they were best in OD at 2009 WCh in LA.
Dont know, why in USA best skaters in teams have problems (like Yankovskas, Kifer Hubble, Emily), but not best parts of the teams will compete?

Sulphur
07-04-2011, 02:12 PM
S-B 2007-2008 FD was such a masterpiece and TAT was in shock after she saw it at JWCh.
Dont know, why in USA best skaters in teams have problems (like Yankovskas, Kifer Hubble, Emily), but not best parts of the teams will compete?

I'm sure this has been said multiple times by many FSUers including myself, but I'll say it again: that OD was something special! It's one of my favorite ODs since I saw it at Skate America in Everette. I personally prefer the performance in SA than that at Worlds, maybe due to much louder cheer from the crowd (perhaps because it was performed for the first time there?) :cool:

Pikachuusb
07-04-2011, 03:34 PM
And i think they were best in OD at 2009 WCh in LA

I LOVED those programs :)

Susan M
07-04-2011, 04:26 PM
In this article http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3224775&postcount=80 Igor mentions lifts.
Oh, please. Igor says lifts are easy for Evan because he is tall. To me, that means lifts are no concern to Evan because his height makes them easy. There is no way to get from Igor's quote to "Evan needs a smaller partner because lifts were hard for him."

fluorescein
07-04-2011, 04:43 PM
You're right, if the rest of the story didn't seem so :huh: to so many people, a lone comment about lifts being easy would probably have gone unnoticed.

cruisin
07-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Oh, please. Igor says lifts are easy for Evan because he is tall. To me, that means lifts are no concern to Evan because his height makes them easy. There is no way to get from Igor's quote to "Evan needs a smaller partner because lifts were hard for him."

Exactly! If Emily were the same height or just an inch or two shorter than Evan, and if Madison were a lot shorter than Emily, this might have some merit. But, that is far from the case here.

kwanette
07-04-2011, 05:03 PM

Thanks for reminding me about their WJCH FD..I just rewatched "Luna", brilliant, now I am even :(er

Sylvia
07-04-2011, 05:07 PM
I just noticed that Icenetwork has posted a gallery of photos titled "Samuelson & Bates: Through the Years" spanning Novice in 2002 to Senior in 2010: http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photogallery/year_2011/month_06/day_28/cf21107480.html